It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just looking at this from a strictly political point of view:

1) The Republican establishment is frightened to death by Ron Paul and reading this thread I can see some additional reasons why that I didn't know before. Obviously the GOP doesn't want to be associated in any way with repealing any of the civil rights act (if this in fact the case.) It's clearly in the best interests of the GOP for this to come up now rather than later. Draw your own conclusions.

2) This is a repeat of the Herman Cain situation. The news letter issue has been out there for years. If the Paul campaign didn't know this would hit the MSM as Paul gained traction then they're idiots. He needed to have a sound bite answer ready--and not an "I've already answered this, I'm not going to talk about it" sound bite. Most people have not heard him answer these charges before.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Why is it racist to want to preserve your heritage?
Why is it racist to eliminate immigration and put your own countrymen first?

Eliminating immigration is spectacularly stupid. Every country has been built on immigration in some way shape or form. And your heritage is tied into that.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Man if you're just fishing for stars and flags, you got em from me.

This crap has got to stop. Is it not obvious to everyone who possesses a brain that CNN and their colleagues are simply using an age-old proven propaganda technique?... Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes true.

This is all they are doing. The reporter keeps asking the same question over and over simply to do that. She really doesn't care what the answer is. Of course the answer doesn't fit their narrative, so they are never going to be satisfied with it. What are they expecting, exactly? Do they think he is going to change his answer to suit their agenda? Good luck with that, Communist News Network.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Eliminating immigration is spectacularly stupid. Every country has been built on immigration in some way shape or form. And your heritage is tied into that.

I think they meant "illegal immigration" which is not stupid at all to want to eliminate.. it.. that has to be some kind of grammar fail.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These anti-Pauls will cling to the newsletter forever because it is their last leg to stand on. No matter how much evidence where Ron Paul's actions speak louder than words, they'll never accept it because there is LITERALLY nothing left.

That is why they're so blatantly desperate to cling onto the newsletters, just like the establishment's desperate cling to whatever power they have left before Ron Paul wins Iowa and continues the perfect storm.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Okay, I have read through every post here and I have yet to find the actual articles in question. I know the one link did go the newspaper with the interview, but they wanted to charge and unfortunately, my quest for knowledge has monetary boundaries unfortunately.

In the grand scheme of things, I have yet to really witness via video anything that would make think he is racist. As far as his position on the Civil Rights Acts. I understand his point of view, although I don't agree with it. Every dollar we spend at an establishment is vote for its prosperity. If the Civil Rights Acts did not exist and a restaurant refused service to a non-white, I would not be eating there, therefore not giving my dollar-vote to its prosperity. If people used their money like their voting power, that restaurant would probably not make it long. In the grand scheme of things, he is relying on our judgement to show which businesses should succeed. Unfortunately, if people want to bigots and racists, it is their right to have their sediments and opinions, it just shouldn't interfere with anyone else's life but your own. Its funny to see that there is so much uproar with a newsletter on his name on it, even though at the same time he was a Congressman and OB/GYN at a practice. I am sure he had plenty of time to read every letter (sarcasm).

Mitt Romney is part of the Mormon religion. Mitt Romney is pretty much a brand name of Mormonism. Blacks are not allowed to hold the higher ranks of clergy in that religion and they believe blacks to be inferior and/or the devil. Yet, we don't have a long thread about he is a racist. BTW, I don't that he is a racist as well, but who knows.

I guess you can say what you will about Ron Paul being a racist. I see nothing in his track record to prove that he is a racist and unless you can read minds, you really can prove that he isn't. The only links I have seen on here, either don't work, a links to bias blogs, or you have to pay money. I for one would like to read what was so racist in its entirety.

The fact remains, even if he does has some sort of prejudice, I am not voting on a personality, I am voting for what the man will do. I believe in giving the states back their power. I believe we shouldn't regulate people's lives, the stupid shall be punished. I saw one person give an example of a toy given to a children. That without regulation, that toy may be made incorrectly and not as safe as it should. I have a daughter, I do not trust any warning on packaging and therefore, I test out all the toys and figure out the worse possible probable outcomes of her playing with toy. Then she is usually under supervision on some sort because it it not the government's duty, not even the business's duty to protect my child, it is my wife and I's duty. People are going to do drugs whether its legal or not, its people's right to do want they want with their bodies as long as it doesn't affect others. If every parents trained their children with critical thinking skills, respect, and common sense, we wouldn't even worry as much as we do about drugs, abortions, hate and prejudice. I am firm believer that if you put the ball in the people's court, that we as a society will do the right thing.

I for one do not care much what is on the major news networks because when I hear reporting, opinions from the different reporters should not be interlaced. Very rarely do the interviews show fairness and truth. I would hate to say it, but the comedy new shows conduct better interviews.

Again, I'm sorry if I missed the links to the newsletters and sorry that I do not wish to pay to a newspaper that is not even local to me. I guess if you wanted to submit your evidence that he is a racist, you would have posted it and not linked it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
According to Ron Paul's campaign staffer, it was written by Lew Rockwell. He has denied this claim, but there is evidence in the article when, researched further, gives much claim to the fact that Rockwell wrote them.

Thank you for the link.

It does appear through research that Lew Rockwell was Ron Paul's ghostwriter during the time of the letters in question.

If we conduct the research in the frame and context of these newsletters to understand the format and complete textual evidence of these writings we will come closer to understanding true property rights and liberty.

My question to you is: How is this racist? Exactly verbatim what sentences are racist?

Much of this furor seems to be contributed to writings of the late great Murray N. Rothbard:“Right-Wing Populism: A Strategy for the Paleo Movement.” here and here in which Rothbard wrote:
that mainstream intellectuals and opinion leaders were too invested in the status quo to be brought around to a libertarian view, Rothbard pointed to David Duke and Joseph McCarthy as models for an “Outreach to the Rednecks,” which would fashion a broad libertarian/paleoconservative coalition by targeting the disaffected working and middle classes. These groups could be mobilized to oppose an expansive state, Rothbard posited, by exposing an “unholy alliance of ‘corporate liberal’ Big Business and media elites, who, through big government, have privileged and caused to rise up a parasitic Underclass, who, among them all, are looting and oppressing the bulk of the middle and working classes in America.”

This strategy is known as Right-Wing Populism

Dylan Hales wrote in his article
"So here we have a libertarian, writing what he describes as a "strategy" memo on the crossover appeal of libertarianism to disaffected conservative white southern voters, and the response from the Manhattan-martini-"libertarians" is to claim that Rothbard and paleolibertarianism in general is a race obsessed ideology, that fatally wounded Ron Paul's presidential hopes."

Justin Raimondo wrote, "The charges leveled at Paul by his accusers both the neocons, and the “libertarian” and leftist enablers, are therefore especially toxic this election season. Yet when one examines Paul’s alleged “hate crimes,” I can come up with only four sentences, lifted out of context, that are out of bounds:
“[O]ur country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists—and they can be identified by the color of their skin.”
“I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city [Washington, D.C.] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”
“We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational.”
“If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.”

These statements are offensive, and I’d bet my bottom dollar that Ron Paul not only didn’t write them, but never read them."

If these are the facts that this race card is being played on. Then this is entirely refuted. I consider this to be nothing but fear from the establishment of Ron Paul's chances of becoming president. If this is all they can find to try to smear him they are whistling past the graveyard.
edit on 12/22/11 by Rothbard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Look people. Ron Paul is finally being mentioned in the Dutch media. Literally the first mentioning ever. It is a special day in our history. I guess Washington gave a green light. The man can no longer be denied.

In short the article states that Gingrich is losing his position as front runner. Ron Paul is suddenly getting more attention. However it states that Mitt Romney will probably come out winner, since Paul is too much of an outsider in the end.

www.trouw.nl...[ editby]edit on 22-12-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by sealing
Wow ! 163 flags in 14 hours. Gotta be Ron Paul .
ATS loves them some Ron Paul.
Oh yeah the rub, he and his son would repeal the 1964
Civil rights act. That's pretty big you know.
It's not just that restaurants could refuse service to anyone
they wish based on skin tone, religion, sexual preference etc
All business can simply hire an all white good ol boy staff.
Blacks need not apply. These policies don't stop themselves
with market correction they continue and continue and use
code words like "Heritage".
I don't care whether Ron is a racist or not,
Honestly I suspect he's not.....but
I do care when he supports racist policies.

that is worrisome and there are sure to be incidents of that, with or without the civil rights act. but the act has served its purpose in raising 2 generations of people to not be racist, so i don't know how useful it will be now other than to make it so only some people are prejudice against by the government that oversees them. i think it's time we all just grew up. forcing people to act a certain way is anathema to freedom, is it not?
edit on 22-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

I hear you. If it were all up to you or me or Ron,I bet we wouldn't need a civil rights act.
But it's not. With libertarian ideals it's entirely up to the business,school or country club.
That is what is worrisome to me. Ron Paul through no fault of his own could be a
big corporation or racists best friend. Big corporations don't need anymore best friends in politics.
And certainly making it open season by redacting race laws isn't going to
bring this country together.
You didn't say this, but a lot of comments say "racism is dead."
Racism isn't over, shoot, read a couple posts on page one of this thread.
Those RP supporters aren't helping.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well they sure picked a stupid time to pull the race card because anyone who has ever been to fly over country knows that the Republicans in Iowa don't exactly turn their T.V.'s to BET on a nightly basis...And that goes double for South Carolina and Florida it might hurt him in New Hampshire but the south is the south and the mid-America may not fly confederate flags they sure are not listening to rap music...So this is a pretty dumb move..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Yes, that is true but illegal immigration is a different matter. See Ron Paul's stance and positions on illegal immigration

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It isn't ...

unless you are claiming that being an american, is a definition of a "race" ... in which case, you become racist yourself by claiming such a definition.

The point here is, that all those who are crying wolf ... are racist themselves. Take the jews, for an example, they have been busy for the past decades proving they are a race. I see them as a religion, and categorily deny their racial status.

And forcing issues for minorities ... you gotta be kidding, blacks a minority in the US ... where, in New Orleans? that's racism by itself ... it's called "reverse" racism.

Point is, this "racist" card is over used and absurd. It should be called "the idiot card", and only idiots pull up this card for use. Because, we are "one" race, the human race. And it should be defined as "discrimination". And this "discrimination" should be universal ... it should be "equally" illegal to discriminate a white man, as it is to discriminate a "black" man. It is not the color of the skin, but the act ... that should be abhored.

People of colored races are just as "racist" as they claim white men are ... you have "asians", lobbying for "not giving white people children", literally ... because we're no "hua ren", to use the real term definition. Is that suddenly a legal definition of racism? ... no. The point is, people pulling up this "race" card, are usually people who catogorily hate europeans, and are racist by themselves.

edit on 22-12-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i saw a photo of him giving free health check to a black woman even though she didnt had money to pay.
he checked her anyway.
ron paul sure is racist.
How would you vote for a man who EATS BABIES?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by clarkness
Its funny to see that there is so much uproar with a newsletter on his name on it, even though at the same time he was a Congressman and OB/GYN at a practice. I am sure he had plenty of time to read every letter (sarcasm).

He wants to be POTUS.

That explanation doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his ability to handle a complex leadership role like that.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I agree with your thread, but yet, a racist would treat people of all colours in that line of work. I know doctors/nurses who are racist

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
Also, black people can be racist against other groups, prejudice is not one-way traffic.

Why do you feel the need to say that? It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or the on going discussion.

You might as well say "also black people can have red hair"

What a strange thing for you to say

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
I agree with your thread, but yet, a racist would treat people of all colours in that line of work. I know doctors/nurses who are racist

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

We are not concerned. We know Paul didn't write those passages, and he blatantly doesn't care who did because it is irrelevant. Dwelling on the subject won't advance your liberal cause. Any publicity is good publicity for Paul, so I say, flame on! When people see it in the news and see how little evidence they have - they realize it's merely a baseless smear. It increases Paul's support as people begin to rally against the fake news. (MSM)

Everyone get some towels ready for when OutKastSearcher drops his big crocodile tears when Paul wins Iowa.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by notonsamepage

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

What are you talking about? It's a direct response to the OP's suggestion that a racist doctor wouldn't treat black people.

My statement isn't in the least bit strange. Explain yourself or unplug your keyboard

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more with the poster of this thread. I've seen nothing ever than would insinuate RP to be even remotely predjudiced or racial. I would have walked out too! Thanks for the heads up about the reporters husband. That really peices things together,,the why's etc.. I've not met one person who wouldnt vote for Ron Paul. So, I am boggled by the election process. I live in Florida, and to be honest, you never see Bush posters, never saw Obama posters, or any runner for the presidency, but you know who is plastered? You guessed it, Ron Paul. Good post and Big Flag! Hell, I have to say, I've had associations with people whom have been predjudiced/racial. But, that doesnt make me a racist... The guys been a Congressman longer than some of us been born, or in diapers. If he was seriously a racist, would he continue to be relelcted all these times,,,think.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join