It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Ganush

That has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

I don't know what these papers say or who wrote them, but for reasons totally unrelated to this scandal, I have been losing 'faith' with Ron Paul. So, whether or not there are any viable candidates who are "better" than Ron Paul, is really of no consequence and just an attempt to change the subject.

The OP has an opinion. And beats his (or her) chest, asking to be challenged. With so many vocal Ron Paul followers, only the brave would challenge something like that on this board.
And I see they are getting to be few and far between.

There not getting few and far between, there's simply nothing to challenge since Ron Paul will win.
Interesting and enlightening discussion.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

This thread is in direct response to the completely ignorant threads on ATS claiming Ron Paul is a racist because of his call to amend the portion of the civil rights act that violates a business owners right to refuse service to whom he/she wishes

He wants to allow businesses to refuse service to whoever they wish? Am I understanding you correctly?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm British and am not concerned of bothered if RP gets elected or not..

I have also read this entire thread and concur that he is NOT really racist.

What I am enjoying is all of these fools getting schooled, over and over and over again....Great reading, thanks!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
S&F.... just trying to think of something to say to do my part to keep this wonderful thread bumped up.... hmm let me see....

I first was raving about Ron Paul in early 2007 and I was one of the few Canadians back at that time to get a Ron Paul 2008 bumper sticker... Oh yes and part of my ancestry came up to Canada through the underground railroad to escape slavery only to discover after several generations that the function of “master” had been surreptitiously transferred from the land owners to their agents (the government).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

OP topic seemed to be dropped many posts ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Yup, He hopes to return the business owner's

right

to serve or refuse anybody they please.

If somebody wants to deny that right through the risk of physical and mental force, then something is wrong with this so called 'free society'.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Racism isn't a sociological issue anymore, or really anything tangible. Nope that word has been reduced to political tactic now.

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

Noun:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

And honestly if were going by the most political correct tightwad definition here, who the hell isn't a little racist? People stereotype to categorize groups and individuals, hell we even stereotype ourselves.

So to those people claiming Paul is a racist ask yourself this and ask it honestly. If he did became potus do you really believe that he honestly would put polices in place that would attack or hinder a black Americans? Would minorities be effected at all anymore than they already are if there was a president Paul? The better question I like to think however is would America as a whole as in all her citizens be better off or not? Because thats the question I ask when voting on a public servant.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

A vote for a Republican will strip you of your citizenship, property rights, voting rights, job and make you 2/3 of a person. A vote for a Republican will undo the 13th Amendment and The Emancipation Proclomation.

Florida's intent to suppress minority votes isn't ringing a bell?

Do not vote against your own interests!

Democrat or Republican there is no difference. Only pre approved selected individuals are eligible for high office in this country. The same who backed Obama are now backing Romney! One plastic man is not better than another! Ron is a champion of liberty and is a strict constitutionalist and that is exactly what America needs now! No more plastic men! More liberties have been lost under Obama, but Bush was worst of all! This is not Nazi Germany friend! It is time to draw a line in the sand! You either stand for American values and liberties or you stand against America and freedom!

It is Ron for me all the way 100% unquestionable resolve! I know what it means to be American and the only one of these puppets that seems to know as well is Ron Paul!

edit on 22-12-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow ! 163 flags in 14 hours. Gotta be Ron Paul .
ATS loves them some Ron Paul.
Oh yeah the rub, he and his son would repeal the 1964
Civil rights act. That's pretty big you know.
It's not just that restaurants could refuse service to anyone
they wish based on skin tone, religion, sexual preference etc
All business can simply hire an all white good ol boy staff.
Blacks need not apply. These policies don't stop themselves
with market correction they continue and continue and use
code words like "Heritage".
I don't care whether Ron is a racist or not,
Honestly I suspect he's not.....but
I do care when he supports racist policies.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ignore what?

Well his position against the SCOTUS Brown vs Board of education ruling of 54', which only ruled against racial segregation in the public setting, his position against the Loving vs Virginia ruling, his position against the Lawrence vs Texas ruling that stated it unconstitutional for States to outlaw sodomy in the bedroom (often practiced by homosexuals of course) and now these newsletters have come back to bite him in the back as well. You can continue ignoring or playing down his positions regarding laws that targeted blacks and other minorities, but others will not. What can Paul do to reassure everybody tha he is a changed man? He can take back his positions he held years ago and admitted he was wrong, or he can continue making excuses, as with his supporters. Ron Paul may be president of the internet politicalsphere, but beyond that he has to appeal to the voters in the flesh, As for me? I think Paul is a racist because of his positions against the court cases mentioned, it takes an element of bigotry and racism to support these kinds of laws that only served to target and restrict the rights of minorities.

In the end though, Ron Paul being a racist will not necessarily stop him from running for the presidency (it hasn't so far). You have a right to personally be a bigot and a racist in this country..... it doesn't prevent you from holding public office.

link   
I'm a Ron Paul supporter first off, and you gott'a know talk is cheap, fabricated or outright lies. Ron Paul is becoming a threat to the powers that be because the people are coming around looking for a new Champion. Ron Paul is just such a champion, so, those that are afraid of him will smear him in every that they can, even with bold face lies. I don't think anything will smear Ron, and I don't care if he has anything in his past that is one way or the other Personally, I don't think we need to homoganize the world into one big conglomerate. I'm for seperation of races, I think that races have every right to stay within their race and not be dictated by anyone. The fact of the matter is that different races have different values, and say all you want to the contrary, it is still fact. And people Choose it to be that way, and should have the right to whatever comfort zone they want to live in. Politically correct is killing the human race, there are obstacles in life that are political or religious and gender or sexual orientation, and I'll damned sure defend my way of life from having someone shove their orientation or religion down my throat. You want a fight, you got one..... that simple. I belong to the moral majority and if you don't like it too damn bad. When atheists or homosexuals or other races think they can force me, then the second amendment comes into play. The abandonment of God by individuals who cry out 'seperation of church and state', has cost us in the United States dearly in the fall of morals and clearly had undermined a once great nation. I would guess there's a whole lot of people who feel like I do... and we are the majority, and won't be bullied by malcontents or people with abhorrent morals.

link   

Originally posted by sealing
Wow ! 163 flags in 14 hours. Gotta be Ron Paul .
ATS loves them some Ron Paul.
Oh yeah the rub, he and his son would repeal the 1964
Civil rights act. That's pretty big you know.
It's not just that restaurants could refuse service to anyone
they wish based on skin tone, religion, sexual preference etc
All business can simply hire an all white good ol boy staff.
Blacks need not apply. These policies don't stop themselves
with market correction they continue and continue and use
code words like "Heritage".
I don't care whether Ron is a racist or not,
Honestly I suspect he's not.....but
I do care when he supports racist policies.

that is worrisome and there are sure to be incidents of that, with or without the civil rights act. but the act has served its purpose in raising 2 generations of people to not be racist, so i don't know how useful it will be now other than to make it so only some people are prejudice against by the government that oversees them. i think it's time we all just grew up. forcing people to act a certain way is anathema to freedom, is it not?
edit on 22-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ignore what?

Well his position against the SCOTUS Brown vs Board of education ruling of 54', which only ruled against racial segregation in the public setting, his position against the Loving vs Virginia ruling, his position against the Lawrence vs Texas ruling that stated it unconstitutional for States to outlaw sodomy in the bedroom (often practiced by homosexuals of course) and now these newsletters have come back to bite him in the back as well. You can continue ignoring or playing down his positions regarding laws that targeted blacks and other minorities, but others will not. What can Paul do to reassure everybody tha he is a changed man? He can take back his positions he held years ago and admitted he was wrong, or he can continue making excuses, as with his supporters. Ron Paul may be president of the internet politicalsphere, but beyond that he has to appeal to the voters in the flesh, As for me? I think Paul is a racist because of his positions against the court cases mentioned, it takes an element of bigotry and racism to support these kinds of laws that only served to target and restrict the rights of minorities.

In the end though, Ron Paul being a racist will not necessarily stop him from running for the presidency (it hasn't so far). You have a right to personally be a bigot and a racist in this country..... it doesn't prevent you from holding public office.

You sound so sure of yourself. Just because you state it as if it were fact, does not make it so. And I fail to see how his stance on any of court decisions have come back to bite him.

As far as appealing to the flesh, a new CNN/ORC pull shows Ron Paul most popular candidate among non-whites.

The latest CNN/ORC poll released Tuesday finds that Congressman Paul scores highest amongst minorities when matched up against Barack Obama in a hypothetical election head to head.

Paul scores 25% of the vote amongst non-whites, whereas Romney polls at 20% and Gingrich gets 15%.

Ron Paul is clearly the most popular GOP contender amongst non-whites out of the entire field, suggesting that the “racist” smear, which was heavily pushed back in 2008, has had very little impact whatsoever on the views of those who presumably would be the most likely to be offended by it.

link   

right

If somebody wants to deny that right through the risk of physical and mental force, then something is wrong with this so called 'free society'.

If you're not kidding and that's anywhere in writing with Paul's name attached then he's toast.

link   
Why is it racist to want to preserve your heritage?
Why is it racist to eliminate immigration and put your own countrymen first?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

right

If you're not kidding and that's anywhere in writing with Paul's name attached then he's toast.

There's a little more too it then this.

Sensationalistic comments don't do anything and stifle debate.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

right

don't know why. it still happens every day. you can't force people to do what you say. they aren't your kids.
some black business owners may want the opportunity not to serve white people or yellow people or red people. and although that may be inherently wrong, you aren't their parents either. not to mention, a business that does such things when we have at least 2 generations of people who have learned why prejudice is wrong in the first place, will likely just avoid dealing with such businesses. if you hate somebody for the color of their skin, you're not hurting the person you hate. hate is systemic in the individual. causes premature death, disease, and psychological problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i think this is the only thing they can dredge up on him. what better ploy right? running against a black president, and call the candidate a racist. how many times in society have "they" used the term racist when there's nothing else "they" can find.its a moot point nowadays. nobody can really be racist without being the outsider. so as far as that being the straw on his back? nah, he will keep goin great and rise in the polls like hes been doing. the guys got a real good position this early in and the others who have a lot worse things in this day and age then racism goin on are dropping like flies. its just something for people to talk about and learn about ron paul. negative publicity is still publicity and the ones that hear it should go, wait a second......i thought.......nope he stands for what i do. go ron paul.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't think that he's a racist. I do however think that he's a total idiot for not keeping a closer eye on what was going out in newsletters that had his name on them.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join