It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This isn't news.. or reporting, or even interesting.. stuff other people wrote 20 years ago?.. thats not a relevant scandal.. at best it's low budget drama-ganda.

This, to me, look like an attempt to keep "Ron Paul + racist newsletters" in the news. They know the answer, yet reporters keep repeating the same question as if it's uncharted news territory, unique..

A basic component of propaganda is repeating something often enough until dumbasses believe it.. the left right up down party freaks all do it to each-other, media does it to the boogie men and non conformists.. easily recognizable for the BS it is, and stale too.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I don't think Ron Paul is a racist. I also find it funny that this is bring brought up again. It was brought up in 2008 during his last run at the presidency. He addressed it then. I would have walked out of the interview as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well judging by the 6 flags received thus far, at least 6 people on this site don't deny ignorance.
edit on 21-12-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Cheers

Excellent thread OP

The fanatic supporters will never admit to any faults in their God object of worship.

He can't handle it now, he will never make it to the general elections. This big racist Gorilla he's been carrying around on his back is finally going to drag him down. He will probably drop out after the next two primaries.
Shame it didn't happen sooner, would have saved us all from the fanatics daily insanity of making excuses for the guy.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 12/21/2011 by BeyondPerception because: This comment walked out of the thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

This shows how desperate the MSM and the Globalists are to find something on Ron Paul. After all the searching they are resurrecting something that is ancient history. It has been hashed and rehashed for decades. I would have walked out on sooner. I have to ask its my job blah blah blah. Then ask and ask some more. The entire country is in the toilet and all they want to talk about is this.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Early on I did support Ron Paul. That support was short lived, ending abruptly upon learning of his attitudes regarding blacks, Jews, gays and those on disability. Even though he claims not to be racist or anti- Semitic, ..................." his own newsletter proves otherwise. "

That is an OUT and OUT LIE . Ron Paul Answered the Questioned Posed by that CNN Reporter , He was Aware of those Newsletters , but had NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM . If you are going to Base your decision on Voting for a Candidate Solely on a LIE , then IMO you should Not Vote at All .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Its a shame that the destruction of the US is in progress. Its a shame that people have their heads buried in the sand. Its a shame nobody care about real issues. It's a shame that people only want to tear down instead of build up. There are a lot of things that are a shame. The biggest shame is that people will do and say anything to keep the Globalist on track for the NWO take over.

+120 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You show up in all Ron Paul threads spewing your bs. You only dislike RP because you love the attention you get while doing so. Any one with the brain capacity of a chimpanzee could see that this is a nonissue. Go back under your rock. We will give you a call when he wins the nomination.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OP said:

"Early on I did support Ron Paul. That support was short lived, ending abruptly upon learning of his attitudes regarding blacks, Jews, gays and those on disability. Even though he claims not to be racist or anti- Semitic, his own newsletter proves otherwise.
Ron Paul claims he never said or read any of the negative comments that appeared in his newsletters. Paul insisted that someone other than himself authored these articles. He claimed the editor (s) missed the articles when proof reading the copy. This appears to be another lie as his name is on the newsletter as the editor. Ron Paul has demonstrated that he refuses to take responsibility for his actions.
Is this what you all want as President?"

With all due respect... HORSE SH**!

Has he taken responsibility, ultimately, for those getting published? Only, in that he's pretty much said "the buck stops here".

Course... I expect you already know that... or, if you didn't have another agenda, you could know it in less time than it took to put up the OP.

I find it fascinating how many "Anti-Paulites" sling around arguments against RP... NOT based on time they have spent listening to his positions themselves... but based solely on what they have heard OTHER talking heads, with an agenda, say about him. (Although the OP's post, sounds a wee bit "predigested", suggesting, regards the OP content, insincerity at best)

I support RP... but I'm no Koolaid drinker. There are a fair number of things I don't quite see eye to eye with him on. I will say, that by definition, I don't much like bigotry, in any of the forms it pops it's ignorant ass small head up, in dramatic flourish of blatant immaturity.

I can tell you this though... Ron Paul is not Bigot. Check out the recent interview on Jay Leno in it's entirety. It's pretty obvious what kind of person Ron Paul is, in that, as well as hundreds of other interviews.

FYI... Ron Paul absolutely RAILS on how shortchanged minorities are in the criminal justice system. He believes blacks and minorities get inferior legal defense, and believes it is a national tragedy.

Not exactly the position of a racist.

Although it's your right to say it... this is a post that's a bit transparent. Actually, it sounds just like the kind of thing a professional politician might say while trying to dramatize a point.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Cheers

Excellent thread OP

The fanatic supporters will never admit to any faults in their God object of worship.

Well...I've got one: he's old. I wish he could be younger, and have tits. It would probably help with new sales. That being said, the racism/newsletter is just bunk, for any who care to research it.

That out of the way...what other faults would you like us to admit to? If I've missed something, I'll gladly consider it, but it seems to me most people who don't like Paul can only honestly do it because they disagree with him.

He can't handle it now, he will never make it to the general elections. This big racist Gorilla he's been carrying around on his back is finally going to drag him down. He will probably drop out after the next two primaries.

We'll see, but I doubt it - this is at least Paul's THIRD bout with the newsletter accusations, and he's only gotten more popular every time, since they can't stick as there's nothing substantive to them.

Shame it didn't happen sooner, would have saved us all from the fanatics daily insanity of making excuses for the guy.

Yes...if it would have happened back in 2004...or again in 2007...whichever. What excuses have any supporters made for him, by the way? What were the issues? I must have missed it.

Take care.
edit on 12/21/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

You are absolutely right. That is why the American people should keep Obama and most of Congress in power they are all so honest and trustworthy. This slander isn't going to work as much as some people are hoping it will. Ron Paul was asked to run for President and the people who convinced him are not going to let a bunch of narrow minded hypocrites stop it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, I would have called the OP a shill, but he/she has far more umphff around here than I. That being said, I think you are wrong (respectfully). Ron Paul is leaving everything to the states to decide. A good thing.

RP has a very long history and people DO change their minds over time. I'm not the same person when I was twenty. Today I am two fold that age plus. My paradigms have shifted.

RP is the only controlled voice with the most persistence in all of the hill. We need his change. We can not survive another Status-Quo politician in Washington D.C.

I'm very concerned. Ron Paul is our only answer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And already people are taking the bait.

Boy does the MSM have yall whipped or what?

This is right about the time they'll start with the heavy anti-Paul propaganda..especially now that he's taken the lead in Iowa.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow, never knew the very old guy was a racist.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Well judging by the 6 flags received thus far, at least 6 people on this site don't deny ignorance.
edit on 21-12-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

I mean people..this is the same Media you say you don't trust, don't believe.

Yet when it comes to someone you dislike you just accept it?

BS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Lets see what Rick Sincere thinks about this.

ricksincerethoughts.blogspot.com...

The campaign took place during the period that, according to Kirchick, "Ron Paul" was making derogatory, anti-gay remarks in "his" newsletters. As it happens, I was running as an openly-gay candidate for the Virginia General Assembly. (It was my second run for that office after a previous attempt in a special election in January 1991. The same district currently has an openly-gay Democrat representing it in Richmond.)

During that 1993 campaign, Ron Paul issued a letter on my behalf, soliciting funds from libertarians and votes from constituents. (We sent the letter to both groups.) Dr. Paul (then a former Congressman) was aware I was running as an openly-gay candidate and he raised no questions, concerns, or objections. I hardly think a homophobic bigot would have sent out a fundraising letter over his own signature, endorsing (as the Washington Times stylebook would have it) an "avowed homosexual" for public office.

Lets see what Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder (yeah, he's black) say about Paul

NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist

Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment.

Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded "No I don't," adding that he had heard Ron Paul speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This thread is complete propaganda!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It may be old news, but Paul and his supporters should address this NOW and get it out of the way BEFORE the primary/general election. This is the one side of Paul I don't like, his fickle nature in interviews - taking off the mic and walking out of the interview will only cement the idea that he refuses to address or acknowledge those racist remarks in those newsletters in the minds of his detractors. He's got to relax a little in these situations and talk them through. The guy has a sharp mind and wit, storming out only makes him look petulant.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
To bad he lent his name to a news letter that had racist articles in it, wouldn't you think he would want to avoid something like that?

Surely he knew what was being written.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join