It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I cannot wait until this comes out but am determined not to watch any clips or trailers,just go and watch the movie.

I don't think anyone else but Peter Jackson could do it the true justice it deserves.

I read The Hobbit as a kid before Lotr and it will always be that bit more special not just because it was my first journey into Middle Earth but it has all the magic,legends,myth and lore without the sense its coming to end that prevades throughout Lotr.

Cant wait

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Good to see Legolas !!!

So much time,put into these movies.......

Just inspiring....
Erm.....

You ask how true it is to the book and then say it's great to see Legolas?

Kinda answered your own question

Just wait for the scene of Tauriel (WHO??!! and Legolas saving the dwarves from the spiders)

Sorry Peter, you've blown this one for me, I wont be going to see it, I refuse to feed your cash cow.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Hobbit has ALWAYS been my favorite book, before kindle and ipad, I'd buy the book, read it til it fell apart then go out and buy it again and again and again LOL

Pete Jackson WILL do a good job with this, I got CHILLS when the dwarves started singing, that is one of my FAVORITE parts of the book, cant WAIT to hear it in the movie

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

you know, who's to say Legolas WASNT there, as an unnamed character??
He WAS the Wood Elf King's son after all....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

you know, who's to say Legolas WASNT there, as an unnamed character??
He WAS the Wood Elf King's son after all....
Bilbo saved the dwarves from the spiders, on his own, that's the whole point of the book really... about a small, quiet character who does heroic things.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Bilbo saved the dwarves from the spiders, on his own, that's the whole point of the book really... about a small, quiet character who does heroic things.

Exactly,

He was quiet,happy to stay at home in the warm wi good food,plenty of beer,smoking his pipe and stay out of the way of dwarves and wizards but was afraid to say no to Gandalf meeting the Dwarves in his house.

He felt he had no head or stomach for adventure,what use could a cowardly,comfort loving Hobbit be to a bunch of Dwarves but he was the one that helped keep the Trolls argueing to the sun came up.

Who by luck outwitted Gollum and helped them getaway from Goblintown in the heart of the Misty Mountains.It was he who cut them free fröm thd spiders and when the were all locked up by the Wood Elves it was Bilbo that stayed invisible observing and planning looking for a way out of the Elves dungeon.

It was a very different Bilbo that stood up to Thorin and got the highly dubious Dwarves into the barrels ready to be rolled into the river.The same Bilbo that teased and bragged to Smaug.

I can't see Legolas coming in to it until the Lake men and Wood Elf army are stood outside Smaug's mountain expecting it to be deserted but finding Thorin blinded by his birthrite,history and all that treasure who'd rather fight than treat with Wood Elves.

I can see Legolas being a player during the Battle of the Five Armys when the Goblins and Trolls arrive,thats all !

So who's your money on as the top archer -

Legolas or Bard ???

Mine's on Bard,who else could have got Smaug in the armpit during flight !!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

I agree, I guess pj wanted to show a ill more action, dunno what his reasonings was, but I think it will turn out great like he did with lotr, remember, some of the stuff in those movies weren't in the books, and it didn't detract at all from the story

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You're right there I've no concerns with him directing,quite the opposite in fact I can't think of anyone else who could do it properly.

I would never have imagined him doing lotr or hobbit back in the early/mid 90's when I first watched Brain Dead or Bad Taste.lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It was good to see him, in the "Production" trailer.......

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Was he in the trailer ??

I am determined not to watch any previews,trailers or screenshots before the event.
When I walk into that cinema and take my seat I want to watch it fresh,no preconcieved notions of how its gonna be.

Can't wait !!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

I cant wait either.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am rereading the book so I have it all in my head before I see the movie, I did that with LOR and it was great. Peter Jackson I am sure will be true to the book, he did such a great job with LOR. Dec. 14th is the release date, finally here. Yay!!!!
edit on 28-10-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I haven't reread it, so to speak. Audio book..........2 years ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Soon........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join