It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sorry if I was late,posting this! Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My son and I saw the trailer for The Hobbit when we went to see the Avengers movie. We're really excited and can't wait for Christmas and the movie itself. I read the book to him, last year (I think), and he loved it.

Going by the trailer, visually, it looks as good as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I have very high expectations for how Smaug will look, but I shall avoid all other glimpses until the movie itself...if it is as true an adaptation as the other three were, it will be well worth the wait.

Seriously, very, very excited.

And, despite having a deep respect for del Toro, I'm a huge fan of his work, I am sooo glad that Peter Jackson stayed with it...to finish the job. I agree with other posters, del Toro's vision is quite different and I am not sure suitable, in this case.

Once this one is out on DVD, I expect that my son and I will have a marathon viewing, watching all four films back to back.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner !!!

I also agree,about Peter Jackson.

Heres the 7th Production video!

Enjoy.......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Good to see Legolas !!!

So much time,put into these movies.......

Just inspiring....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
My 10 year old will get a kick out of this also...........

Great, just great. Guess I wont be seeing my PS3 for another month.

I can't wait for this one. I thought it was coming out at the end of the year? Or has it been postponed?

I really do hope they keep it true to the book, Jackson did a pretty good job with the LOTR trilogy, so it should be well received.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Great, just great. Guess I wont be seeing my PS3 for another month.

I can't wait for this one. I thought it was coming out at the end of the year? Or has it been postponed?

I really do hope they keep it true to the book, Jackson did a pretty good job with the LOTR trilogy, so it should be well received.

End of the Year...........

And as the post production shows,he will keep true to the story.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Totally kick ass!

Ive been following the blogs about this movie for nearly two years now. All I can say is how unbelievably stoked i am that we have another chance to travel to Middle Earth.

Smaug the dragon is going to be the best on screen movie dragon we have ever seen, quote me on it! Lol.

I already have the dwarves song memorized, too.... I am such a Tolkien nerd.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Heres the 7th Production video!

Enjoy.......

I am not watching anything about the film until it comes out...I'm a delayed gratification kind of girl

I know that I am going to blown away
and it'll be well worth the wait.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Some of the Posters, in 3D!

Comic-Con 2012

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
And for those, who remember this............

Enjoy. I did as a child !

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nice! I will save that for later on this evening and watch it with my boy.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
FYI...The video in your OP has been removed by youtube because of the copyright infringement issue. I guess someone ratted. I can't wait to see this film though! I wish it were coming out earlier too. The anticipation!

ETA another link to the trailer...

edit on 7/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

I will watch it tonight with my boy, also .....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am so excited to see that movie! I absolutely love the song of the dwarves "Far over the Misty Mountains", it's so beautiful! I also loved so much Gandalf, Galadriel, and Legolas in the LOTR, and they are back (although Legolas wasn't supposed to appear, and neither the fair Galadriel)!
I believe they might have put the side story where Gandalf leaves the dwarves to go to the White Council, and go into Mordor to destroy the Tower of the Sorcerer, like they talked about in the book. That would explain Galadriel, and why The Hobbit is in two parts when the book is as long as the first LOTR (and it required only 1 movie).
Who bet that is what Peter did?
And what character did you like the most in the whole franchise? Me it's Gandalf (i cried so much when he "died" in the first LOTR), the beautiful and fair queen Galadriel, and the Legolas/Gimli friendship.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And for those, who remember this............

Enjoy. I did as a child !

Thanks for chucking it on my profile
Awesome stuff

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Gandalf, I prefer.......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

As i saw with your avatar!

Isn't he great? He looks like a great grand-father, but you gotta watch his staff and sword!
edit on 21-7-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I am at the 10th sanza of the song, still got to memorize the 16th others. I love so much the dwarves voices; other have tried to copy it, but they were too bassy, or too high-pitched. But the actors got it so right! There is a great instrumental version of the song:

So beautiful... if only the actors could have done the whole song...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Its coming soon folks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join