It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a racist.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by antonia
His followers could watch him eat a dead baby on national tv and still would scream for him until they were blue in the face all the while calling you a sheep for not liking him.

Wow, you really believe that?
I hope you are just way over exaggerating because I think the Paul supporters really do care about the country and it's citizens, including babies.

The hate level on this thread is off the charts. I'm out of here.
edit on 12/20/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

If that's the case then why are so many stating things like "let people segregate themselves" when obviously they aren't thinking about the babies whom have no choice but to be segregated based on family views. If the kids can only go to a white only school, they aren't exposed to races of any form. That's not caring for the innocent babies... that's showing a lack of concern IMO.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This claim has been debunked. Ron Paul is for individual rights and not for group rights so it is impossible for him to be racist, unless you are just ignorant and out to make him look bad after his rise in the polls.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by getreadyalready
What do you suppose is more racist. Recognizing people for their differences and endorsing everyone's right to make their own way, or implying that minorities can't make it on their own and are somehow inferior and require government's help to succeed?

Regarding Ron Paul's or anybody elses personal racism, this is not the greatest issue or concern for me. The issue for me is Ron Paul's consistent opposition to rulings and laws that serve to protect private the social lives of Americans from government (STATE and Federal) interference. His opposition to SCOTUS overturning the states ability to enforce racial segregation, interracial marriage bans and sodomy laws on their citizens, I mean for goodness sakes, he appears to have no issue with an envasive state government, and he has never from my research changed his positions in the past.

I don't like the idea of government having the power to get so far involved in personal lives, whether it be state or federal, though apparently Ron Paul begs to differ. Ron Paul is for states rights first and foremost, not for individual liberties. It's predictable that his loyal supporters would look past this and continiously point to his foreign policie and fiscal policies to discount his other positions that trample on individual liberties. To me these positions are VERY relevant, and it takes an element of bigotry and racism to legitimize state governments enforcing these laws on Americans.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

Thanks for this Southern!!!!! This is exactly what I'm talking about!!!!!

I live in VA now and using VA may be a bad example so let me use South Carolina. While I was in the Air Force, I was stationed there. How unfair would it be for a black person in the military to be stationed in a statewide segregated state? Not saying that it WILL happen but saying that by what RP stands for it would be ALLOWED and POSSIBLE!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

You are just a fool thinking everyone else is just as much a fool. Ron Paul opposes Federal Mandates and anyone who wants to investigate will quickly learn he is no racist. You are just another Obamanoid and probably a crack smoking limo homosexual like Obama but that's okay with Ron Paul so, why are you trying to slur him?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by NoNameBrand

This is correct.

Ron Paul is getting the same messiah treatment that Obama got in 2008 and it's incredibly naive and annoying. I love to watch RP supporters complain about Obama supporters when they do the exact same thing.

It is quite annoying isn't it? I'm gonna break it down for his supporters though: Here is what is going to happen.
He might win Iowa and then nothing else. Romney will win the nod and you will all set up RP for 2016 if he is still alive. 90% of people crying for Paul will then vote for Romney.

And the country will go on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
People who make threads like this should have their posting privileges revoked.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Worse than dubya's and barack's followers combined. If tptb wants him, since he's part of the gold globalist agenda, he'll be the president. Watch out for his vp, though.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShiftDrift
People who make threads like this should have their posting privileges revoked.

Why? I thought ATS allowed all comers (even if it's administration does favor right-wing views). If this was an "Obama is a racist" thread I doubt you'd say the same thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Actually I would. Threads that are blatantly inflammatory with very little backing info do nothing to improve this site.
This information could have been posted in a much less antagonistic way.

Also I like how you assume I am pro Ron Paul and anti Obama. This is funny.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Check out my thread here if you want to see some substantiated racism.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Lol you're as bad as the op, I hope people don't take the time to respond in that thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShiftDrift

Seriously? Are you saying that what I posted is untrue or innaccurate??

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Lets take your analogy one step further. There used to be slavery in America therefor all Americans are racist.

He may be racist and he may not, your post definitely does NOT prove that he is lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Bad analogy. I suppose being an American citizen could be considered a choice --- I suppose technically you could leave. But slavery, although widely practiced in the South (not saying it didn't exist in the North), was not an explicit policy of the United States government. Racism in the LDS, however, was (read 'The Doctrines and the Covenants' of the LDS). And Mr. Romney was a member by choice.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Bad analogy. I suppose being an American citizen could be considered a choice --- I suppose technically you could leave. But slavery, although widely practiced in the South (not saying it didn't exist in the North), was not an explicit policy of the United States government. Racism in the LDS, however, was (read 'The Doctrines and the Covenants' of the LDS). And Mr. Romney was a member by choice.

I was taking your analogy to the extreme to point out its flaw.
The point being that you state he is racist and you really don't know if he is or not.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

My position is that if you are a voluntary member of an organization that espouses racist policies than you endorse those policies and are , by extension, a racist. Could someone that is a member of tha Nazi party make a reasonable argument that they are not anti-semetic? Mr. Romney supported the LDS church including financial support (10% tithing) which supported their racist teachings. Is that somehow innaccurate?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Public School Civil Rights Act 1984

This bill would allow schools to re-segregate.

In 2008 one of the coordinators for Ron Paul's campaign was Randy Gray who is a white supremacist.

Source

Public School Civil Rights Act of 1984 - Eliminates inferior Federal court jurisdiction to issue any order requiring the assignment or transportation of students to public schools on the basis of race, color, or national origin.

So he's a racist for being against a law based around busing because of race, color, or national origin? That's a special spin you've got on that position.

STRIIIIIKE ONE!

His stance on the Civil Rights act of 1964 is also distasteful. Believing in property rights over the increased protection that the act gives to minorities.

He believes the rights of business owners, which happen to be people of any color, should be equal to the rights of individuals.

STEEEERIKE TWO!

Alongside this are the newsletters that apparently he had no idea existed till now seems a bit odd to me too. If he had known they existed he allowed racists to speak in his name which is somewhat suspicious for a man of government.

newsone.com...

Already covered, by yours truly!

STRIIIIIIIKE THREE!

He is also picture here with the founders of white supremacist website Stormfront.

Here's a picture of Ron Paul with Obama! OMG HE'S AN OBAMA SHILL!!!1111

YOU'RE OUT!!

/TOA

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by David9176

And what about the people who don't own property? Theoretically, they have fewer rights because they don't own property. Basically, those with more wealth will technically have more rights than others...and more power to discriminate.

Really???? lets not forget that many of the homeless are retired vets that either have some type of brain damage or are physically incapable of performing some jobs. Many have already been turned down becuase of the lack of capabilities. However there are some jobs out there that they are currently able to perform, but unluckily they weren't wuite qualified thus the reason for them being homeless now.

But under RP's mindframe, who the heck cares about them. It's not the federal government's position to offer equal opportunity to them if the state decides that they don't care about them working. So segregation based off of disabilities would be perfectly legal.

I wouldn't be suprised if he rid of the federally funded VA system as well leaving it up to each state's program to handle the vets. Say bye to the GI Bill that we've all fought hard to make accessible to all vets. I'm pretty sure that the states will draw back on it as well. Less housing allowences, and possibly back to non for those distance learning only courses.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Reality is racist.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If we are to talk about who's racist... who again put a tanning salon tax in the health care bill?

Anyway I think the OP is just a troll.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join