It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Crazy Facts About Kim Jong Il

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here are a few items from a list of top 10 crazy "Facts" about Kim Jong Il.

Interesting...

9. Fashion Forward

The “Fact”: He is a fashion trendsetter

According to North Korea’s newspaper Rodong Sinmun, Kim Jong Il’s iconic style has become a global phenomenon. The inspired look of his zipped up khaki tunics with matching pants has been spreading across the world, an obvious testament to his outstanding image and influence. The paper didn’t mention the popularity of the 4 inch platform shoes Kim wears, but his oversized shades definitely seem to be a big hit with the women of Hollywood.

5. Addiction

The Fact: If he gets addicted to a drug, everyone else does too

According to a book written by one of Kim Jong Il’s ex-staff members, he was once injured by falling off his horse when it slipped on loose rocks. He was afraid of becoming addicted to the painkillers that his doctors prescribed him, so he had members of his administrative staff injected daily with the same dosages he had to take. He did this so he wouldn’t be the only one hooked on the drug.

2. Great Booze

The Fact: At one time was the world’s biggest buyer of Hennessy

For a few years in the early 1990s, it was confirmed by Hennessy that Kim Jong Il was it’s best customer, spending about $600,000 to $850,000 annually on the liquor. He is partial to the Paradis cognac, which can sell for over $700 per bottle. In comparison, the average North Korean makes about $1000 per year.

1.) City of Dreams

The Fact: He maintains a city that was built just to be looked at

Kijong-Dong is a propaganda city that was originally built in the 1950s by Kim Jong Il’s father right on the border, this was to display the North’s superiority to the South and also to encourage people to defect. It has no actual residents, but an extensive effort has been put forth to simulate a functioning city, including lights on set timers, and street sweepers to create an illusion of activity. The use of modern telescopes has revealed that the units lack window glass, and some buildings are just concrete shells that don’t even have interior rooms. The city also houses the world’s largest flagpole, complete with a 300lb. North Korean flag.

See the rest at the Source Link

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You sure you didn't mean 4 crazy facts about Kim Jong ll

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

I posted four as per ATS guidelines of not including the full article. See the source link for the rest...

You obviously didn't read:

Here are a few items from a list of top 10 crazy "Facts" about Kim Jong Il.

edit on 12/20/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit.

But the question is will you be honorable enough to apologize for your foolish mistake?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Caught that actually...just sayin if you can't include the whole thing call it a few things you probably did't know about Kim Jong ll...or summarize the other less interesting stuff...just saying its a misleading title for your condensed post.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Nice thread. Thanks for taking the time to share! That is fascinating about the drug story. I'd really hate to have been on his staff if something REALLY serious happened for drugs being required.

The city is also really interesting. I've read about the 'Potemkin' Village stuff the Soviets made for Western Media during the bad old days, but it's something else entirely to look at a modern, color photograph of the literal thing sitting there for anyone to look at.

I really feel for the population in that God forsaken land. Some day it will open to the rest of the world and sunshine will finally return to North Korea. Hopefully, just 'Korea', by then. I can't wait. I just hope it does happen in my lifetime. It's the last true holdout from the worst of the 20th century nightmare nations. Just one left.....Hopefully, not much longer.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I really feel for the population in that God forsaken land. Some day it will open to the rest of the world and sunshine will finally return to North Korea. Hopefully, just 'Korea', by then. I can't wait. I just hope it does happen in my lifetime. It's the last true holdout from the worst of the 20th century nightmare nations. Just one left.....Hopefully, not much longer.

Cheers! and, thank you so much for the optimistic thinking, wrabbit! I truly appreciate you.

top topics

join