It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To any police who read this

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by hapablab
I live in a major city, if it weren't for police officer's, our neighborhoods would be over run by gang bangers, our city parks would become homes for these gang bangers, the drug dealers would just take home in the school play grounds, pedofiles would just camp out like the 99 percent and occupy the day care centers, in other words, we need the police, get a grip.

LOL that is the BS they'd like you to believe. What would really happen is the citizens would eliminate those problems once and for all. All the police do is perpetuate the problem running them in and out of the system so they can justify thier jobs. If it were not for the police there would be a lot less pedophiles running around I guarantee it!

I believe there are many police who would vehemently argue those points with you. The police aren't the problem in your scenario there. By your own example, the police ARE getting them. Oh but if the cop so much as puts a bruise on the poor darling you're refering to, they get sued, fired or both.

The courts and the laws those courts are governed by out of the legislature are the source of the problem. There is the chain of blame, as it were, for how a Pedophile or a Murderer gets 5 years or 15..maybe even 25 then gets paroled in half that and maybe less depending on over crowding and other factors. The police that nailed the little menace to society have nothing to do with any of that.

I'll even bet the police are even more angry about it than you are when they see the same scumbag they may have gotten hurt chasing down or have some other reason to recall, right back out and free after they THOUGHT it was a done deal.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Any coppers who blow the whistle are either turfed out or end up dead IMO.

You've been watching too many cop movies.

I'm not sure what "turfed out" even means, but I'm curious to see some names of cops you are aware of who have wound up dead for blowing a whistle on other cops.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
There are only few good cops left out there. As for the majority, they are like zombies of the puppet masters.

We might be wondering what drives them to act so evil .. surely they have family, children or loved ones? The reason is simple - they have been brainwashed and paid for.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by M1FST91

Is every member of the Mafia a bad person? No.

Was every member of the Nazi regime a bad person? No.

Is every cop a bad person? No.

Does this mean that we should have any more respect for each of those groups? No.

How many people have you put in prison for "crimes" that have no victim except for (debatably) themselves, such as drug possession? How many of those people subsequently were physically abused or even raped in prison?
Let me help you a bit with some statistics: Roughly 1% of our population is in prison, 2/3rds of which are in there for drug charges, almost two percent of which are estimated to be subjected to the worst possible torture ever: rape.

You wonder why we hate you? ^ There's your answer. Either stand up and speak out against this atrocity, or don't ever come on here again and try to convince us that you are an honorable person and actually care about people.

^^Good post! This is the perception I have of our justice system. My dad was a cop for a while, quit and became a private dick. He told me all about the crooked force we police with.

The big picture is that every single cop in a big city would seem to be one of these two:
1) Corrupt
2) Breaking the law by not enforcing it on their corrupt brethren and judges.

Police, Go on and defend yourself. You think you are the one good apple in a sea of corruption. Well you are not too good if you don't report it when your fellow officer breaks the law. And if I see one more of you fools driving at over 80 on the highway without lights on, I'm calling your ass in.

The job of police could be such a grand and honorable position. But it takes a special kind of person to ignore the power and keep on track. We humans generally want the power, but power corrupts.

If we would hold these judges and police to the standards that we need, we would eliminate the corruption.
#1 fix is to double (quadruple IMHO) the punishment for an enforcement official for breaking the law. When you take the job of priest, tho shall keep your damn hand off the alter boy. When you take the job to enforce the law, you better not break it, or you should have hell to pay.

Broken, corrupt legal system....proof is everywhere.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Have you lost your ever loving mind? You want every cop with a conscience (i.e. the ones trying to do right) to resign?!? That leaves only the bad ones on duty, now what? You didn't think this one all the way through did you?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good post totally agree with OP. S+F

To be fair the Police over here in the UK don't seem as brutal as the Cops over in the states.

That said they are petty, target driven, power mad, and most of all time wasters. Was nice to hear that many of them will be losing their jobs soon due to the cuts.

Wouldn't wish anyone to lose their job, apart from the Police.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by petrus4

Little biased there aren't you? As there is 99% of us who are not the cream of the crop, I am sure there are 99% of law enforcement officers who are doing the right thing, or wish they were NOT a part of the police state.

I hate to see a group stereotyped in a negative light because of a few hundred rotten eggs.

No, all cops are corrupt. How many unconstitutional laws do they arrest people for every day? Didn't they take an oath? All cops might not be jerks, but all of them spit on the constitution and blindly follow laws in place. Find just one officer that will let me go if I am packing heat without a permit and tokin a J as I stroll down the street. Two very arrestable offenses that any officer will nail you for, which are unconstitutional.

U
edit on 19-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Be aware of the laws, don't break them and you won't get raped in jail.

Not true at all.
10,000 INNOCENT PEOPLE CONVICTED EACH YEAR, STUDY ESTIMATES

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- About 10,000 people in the United States may be wrongfully convicted of serious crimes each year, a new study suggests.

The results are based on a survey of 188 judges, prosecuting attorneys, public defenders, sheriffs and police

chiefs in Ohio and 41 state attorneys general.

The study also found that the most important factor leading to wrongful conviction is eyewitness

misidentification.

researchnews.osu.edu...

It might be timetothink a little more.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Badkro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And like I said you would rather keep up with your group mentality then try even for a second to know me before you judge me well guess what those police that u hate spook much do the same thing they judge people as a group so all u have proven is you are just as bad. There are not many police that like me actually only four that I know of and you know why??????? Because I am the first to put a bad cop behind bars just as fast if they break the law and the reason is no matter who it is family, friend, coworker, black, white, or even blue no one is above the law. I don't go around abusing my power which I might add was given to me by the people for the people to hold accountable the people who think they can hurt people man women and children and have no consequences. I know there are more bad than good but I don't sentence anyone that's what judges are for. I'm not liked because of a case a few years back involving dirty cops and I testafied against them and assisted IA so that justice was served and the ones who thought they were above the law cause they had a badge and gun were arrested just like anyone else would have been. So don't judge me, I'm not above the law I don't speed cause I have a badge I follow the laws of the land just like you the only difference is I am trying to make a difference to have a better place for my kids to grow up in and you would rather talk down to me and judge me because there are bad cops in the world and in your eyes if some are bad they all must be well that goes two ways, cause if that's the truth there are bad citizens in the world so they must all be bad right???? I have done my share of things that I'm not proud of but using my job to hurt others or to break the law is not something I have or will ever do if the day came that my out look on that changes I will quit. So again please at least try to know me before attacking me for working a job to support my family just like you. Oh and one last thing if you want to change things and fight the corruption not just say how bad and corrupt things are why not do something about it become a police officer, or politician God knows we need good honest people who want a change that's why I risk my life and my family gets threats all the time but it makes us happy because that means were doing something right. Well have a good night everyone and if anyone wants to talk to me ill gladly answer any question or just talk so you can know me before you judge me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Badkro

Apparently you need to study the law a little more
cops don't convict anybody. That is way above their paygrade.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Badkro

Apparently you need to study the law a little more
cops don't convict anybody. That is way above their paygrade.

Sorry, but where in my post does it state that cops convict anyone?
I was just quoting your statement here:

Be aware of the laws, don't break them and you won't get raped in jail.

It doesn't matter for some people if you are "aware" of the laws or not.

10,000 INNOCENT PEOPLE CONVICTED EACH YEAR, STUDY ESTIMATES

What causes wrongful convictions? To find out, Huff and his co-authors created a database of 205 wrongful convictions collected from a variety of sources. After analyzing these cases, the researchers found that most wrongful convictions resulted from a combination of errors. The main cause in more than half of the cases -- 52.3 percent -- was eyewitness misidentification.

The next most common main cause was perjury by a witness, which contributed to 11 percent of the convictions. Other problems included negligence by criminal justice officials, coerced confessions, "frame ups" by guilty parties, and general overzealousness by officers and prosecutors.

Key word in there is INNOCENT.

Linky
researchnews.osu.edu...

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Great Thread!!! Let's have all cops canned and let's return to frontier justice! Don't worry about the rapists, gangbangers, drug dealers , criminally insane and just plain evil bastards out in the world... I'm sure you can use that same logic that you are using in this thread to dissuade them from stealing your stuff, killing you and raping your wife and kids.

Me? I've got a safe full of home protection , a glock that stays on my hip when I'm out in the world and I only dropped 1 round at the 25 last time I qual'd. I hope you have the same.

PS Just remember to Get off the X... shoot, move & communicate while trying to reset the bad guys OODA loop and you'll be fine!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This has been creeping up slowly on society for a long time now.
So slowly in fact that most do not even realize it.
As a small (albeit innocent seeming) example I offer you this .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch this video in the OP and consider this carefully.
It is a simple matter of free speech in a small city board meeting.
The police in this video have no second thoughts of obeying even a very low level of civil `authority `.
I find this trend invasive and disturbing.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

i totally agree........
the WHOLE police system needs to be redone

[yvid]

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Police have the duty to enforce the laws. If you don't like the laws work to change them. Don't blame the police because drugs are illegal. Don't blame the police because their are bad people in jail. Be aware of the laws, don't break them and you won't get raped in jail.

How can we work to change laws when we are so heavily controlled through the system. We are being stripped of our rights even further to the extent of Obama changing the constitution to allow for martial law to be imposed on both US and non US citizens.

Ultimately, the drugs are bought into the country by people above the government as a result they have laws to arrest us, in fact the laws range from petty things to some serious such as murder. I mean here in the UK you can be deemed a criminal for simply smoking a joint, a recreational habit similar to how some people would choose to have a beer. Laws are in place as excuses to put a cap on our freedom, its a clever concept, bring in drugs and guns let people fight amongst themselves within the area and arrest the for something that they put there in the first place.

I think its safe to say, nothing can be done, nothing can be changed not in today's reality anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Badkro

The thread is about cops and you are equating bad cops with the conviction of the innocent...so...2+2=4...you are blaming cops for the conviction of "innocent" people. Cops do not convict anyone. Juries convict, crazy activist judges sentence, at least here in USA.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Here is what I think about the police:

Without them, there would be total anarchy.

Sure, there are some police who fail - that is just human.

The police are in the front line. And I salute them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AG123

Which begs the question...why blame the police? In the US we get to vote, anyone can run for office. So quit making scapegoats out of cops and do something yourself. All these people that "hate" the cops because of a few bad apples (bad apples are everywhere by the way) would you work 12 hour days to go out and protect people, get spit on, get lead on chases for gangbangers and god knows what, worry everyday that you will never see your kids again?
edit on 20-12-2011 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Oh, by the way, I am talking about NZ police.

But there was one cop, a brother of gang members, who beat up my son badly - why was that criminal even in the police?

Oh, yes, another thought here - they have an informer who is a drug dealer and he is protected.

So actually they are all arseholes.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Im not blaming the cops, after all its there job to enforce those laws, I just feel its a hopeless system as there is a lot of injustice, around here drug dealers get longer sentences then rapist, paedophiles and the lot. It would be anarchy without the police but the system is just designed to keep us down from ever being able to start a movement or speak out. Try speak out and you'll get arrested for breach of the peace lol its crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join