It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
i didnt need to see this to never buy a pepsi
coca cola all the way baby
it does kinda look like the twin towers imo

Dear thebestnr1,

Yes, that looks like the TT's, I agree in a way.

BUT, I just went to Wendy's in Ajman (small Emirate encircled by Sharjah) to get a Single and Chili and they only sell Pepsi! What to do? I do love Pepsi, more carbonation, don't you know??

73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Starwise
The story is a soldier in Afghanistan received one in the chow hall. He states the can says it is made in Dubai, Saudi Arabia...

ibloga.blogspot.com...

This may be another report of the same type of can. All news I have seen so far say it was soldiers in Iraq. This news is obviously still developing.

Again, romanmel1,
You people need a geography lesson....Dubai is a city in the UAE (GOOGLE IT!!!). Abu Dhabi is the capital!

So therefore, the story is WRONG!

73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
Again, romanmel1,
You people need a geography lesson....Dubai is a city in the UAE (GOOGLE IT!!!). Abu Dhabi is the capital!

So therefore, the story is WRONG!

73's,
Tom

Sure, Dubai is not in Iraq or Afghanistan. That doesn't mean products made in Dubai aren't available in either of the countries.

The story has been verified and true.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a good example of mass hysteria. A good example of what happens when we don't THINK critically. A good example of what happens when we don't take the time to stop and examine what we're seeing. I downloaded the original image and opened it in Photoshop. I plainly see a cityscape with a plane flying above. Just like planes do every day in cities all over the world. I see NO reference to the Twin Towers or 9/11. But if you plant the seed...it will take root. Before my comments were yanked from the original posting, the photo had been shared nearly 32,000 times. Frankly, it's a shame that Pepsi is caving to the knee-jerk reactions of too many over reacting individuals. This would have been an excellent opportunity to educate and point out the dangers of following the mob. Instead, Pepsi has reinforced wrong-headed thinking. The whole thing is just plain silly.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by romanmel

Well, Iraqis hate one thing above all else! Americans!

Excuse me Mr. DONKEY_dean (well named)

You obviously know not of which you speak.
I have more than a few friends which are Iraqi, Iranian and Syrian, etc. Iran does not speak Arabic, but Farsi.
Sir (or Madame) I believe you are seriously misinformed or mistaken.

Just two questions: How many Iraqis do you personally know? How many Iraqis have actually shot at you with a Kalashnikov?

Otherwise, you have no standing in my opinion.

BTW, I have reviewed the OP and it does look like a generic cityscape on a Pepsi can with Arabic language saying Pepsi....

73's,
Tom

edit on 19-12-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
It appears that this has nothing to do with 9-11, unless Dubai Refreshments is just outright lying.

Dubai Refreshments launches special edition Pepsi cans for 40th National Day celebrations 2011

The 7 Pepsi Can designs include; Abu Dhabi's famous seafront featuring Emirates Palace, Dubai's skyline featuring the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa. Sharjah's design is of the traditional Old Souk, Umm Al Quwain is of the iconic horse roundabout, while Fujairah's Can features the bronze dallah statue. Ajman's design portrays the splendid museum, as well as Ras Al Khaimah's iconic dhow and castle imagery.

This seems like a cultural miscommunication to me being taken out of context. I could be wrong.

I think it's worth mentioning that the link to this article was on the first page of the original link in the first post of this topic, right under the picture of the can of Pepsi. It states:

Update: here is the real story on this can I'm mobile so I cannot make it a clicky www.ameinfo.com...
www.cafemom.com...
edit on 12/19/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Additional link

Thank you AceWombat04!!!!

Finally after reading all of these posts, someone finally got it right!!!

I still have the black, green and red ribbons on my rent a car!!

A breath of fresh air!

Thanks again and 73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I have been on the ground in Iraq and the image on the can looks like Dubai.

I don't see any similarity to the WTC complex.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I dont care I like Cokeacola best

the plain flys Over the top.
and you can see clouds.

most americans are brain wash't
with all the bull !

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People see what they want to see.

In other words: This is BS and I will continue enjoying my Pepsi products.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Sure, Dubai is not in Iraq or Afghanistan. That doesn't mean products made in Dubai aren't available in either of the countries.

I think he was refering to the assertion that Dubai was in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Originally posted by Observor

I think he was refering to the assertion that Dubai was in Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps. But the ignorance on the part of the narrator about which country Dubai is part of doesn't necessarily make the story false.

As quite a few have already pointed out, the story is true, but nothing sinister about the cans.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Pepsi sucks anyway!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I see what I see. It plainly depicts 9/11. I find this to be very offensive and will never buy another Pepsi product again. I am plan on doing a little research on Pepsi myself and also send them a letter letting them know that this is appalling and a slap in the face to our soldiers who served so bravely to defend this country. The stupidity and ignorance of this company should have everyone boycotting their products.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Funny, I happen to have the exact same Pepsi can right next to me when I saw this thread. I've been living and working in the middle east for 10 years now and am an occasional Pepsi drinker. Never really took notice of the picture. On closer examination, it really looks like a generic skyline. There're even a couple of butterflies above the buildings. The arabic is a literal phonetic translation of 'Pepsi, Diet', with ingredients, health warning and recycling instructions printed on one side (all in arabic). If anyone's interested there's a website address on it, PepsiArabia.

Been a long time lurker and signed up only to clarify this point, because to be honest, the whole thread was starting to sound ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's pretty clear symbolism and abstract enough to get away with it.

Think of it from the company or artist perspective, if your goal was to make Arab drinkers happy by reminding them of 9-11 "victory", this does the job. If you don't see it or complain, you can't really prove it due to the style.

Everything "terrorist" is profitable, why should soda be any different.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, if it makes people think of 9/11 while seeing the plane and Arabic (or whatever it is) writing, then it's working. It doesn't have to directly represent 9/11, all that matters is that people think it does and are offended by it. Doesn't it seem like a pretty basic psy-op?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkymunk
Funny, I happen to have the exact same Pepsi can right next to me when I saw this thread. I've been living and working in the middle east for 10 years now and am an occasional Pepsi drinker. Never really took notice of the picture. On closer examination, it really looks like a generic skyline. There're even a couple of butterflies above the buildings. The arabic is a literal phonetic translation of 'Pepsi, Diet', with ingredients, health warning and recycling instructions printed on one side (all in arabic). If anyone's interested there's a website address on it, PepsiArabia.

Been a long time lurker and signed up only to clarify this point, because to be honest, the whole thread was starting to sound ridiculous.

You signed up just because this thread was sounding ridiculous? Come on now. You can do better than that. Ignorance is bliss.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
reply to post by intrptr

It's the consensual explanation for why 9/11 happened, it is a consequence of the USA international politics.
Is it what they tried to say to you or were they happy that it happened ?

My friends are from Mexico, VietNam, some Black Americans, even a few Native Americans and "Middle Eastern". Since I am a white American, I can tell they have trouble telling me what they really think about it. But I get it to "slip out" as it were, with some friendly persuasion. They resist telling me with a sheepish grin, that they agree: America finally got some back.

Nobody rejoices that people die, except like you say, ugly souls. My remark about dancing in the streets was misused maybe, but intended as a metaphor, a poor one at that. I did see some video the next day of people dancing and figure that my media was down playing that like every thing else "Anti-American". Were they "happy" about it? I don't actually know. Was David happy when he slew Goliath?

I don't live in the US and I have travelled, I have met all kind of people and have all kind of friends or acquaintances including muslims. I have nevet met someone who was happy for 9/11. I am sure there are probably some though, illuminated ugly souls probably

A glance at the ethnicity of my friends will show that in each case they represent a group that have been horribly treated by my country at one time or another: Vietnamese, African Americans, Mexicans, Native Americans, etc. They all have a grievance and I don't blame them one bit for taking delight that America got Its nose bloodied on 9/11. I would. Forgive me.

Now back to topic, I don't think a picture alluding to 9/11 would sell sodas in the ME. If you really hate America, why would you buy Pepsi in the first place ??? There are other beverages, why buy from an American company and one of the most emblematic ?

Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't buy Pepsi there either. Thats why I think it just another cheap corporate move to subliminally advertise the can that way. If you don't see the drawing that way, then it doesn't matter. If you do, it's an afront to decency. Shows our underhandedness and desperation too. Just one ashamed americans opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't see it. I feel that we are a little too sensitive about buildings/planes. I would think that Pepsi would not be so blatant, and that it's probably recognizable over there.

I agree 100%

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't agree with this at all, but I do see what they are TRYING to see, and I edited the original image with a crude overlay to explain what I THINK they're referring to:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join