It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I believe it does have similarities. I do not like pepsi in the first place. Pepsi taste like a recarbonated coca cola. Also read up on the pepsi company. They were using aborted fetuses as flavor enhancer. Google that and read up on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
well, it kinda pissed me off a little - pepsi was the dominating drink in the middle east - when i was living in iran pepsi was all you could get because coke was exiled - now it is back on the scene and pushing pepsi out of the pic - but again these are corporations and corporations are eating up our small businesses like the game pac man -

i don't drink soft drinks - water, coffee and beer -

maybe pepsi put it on there to incite - seems like pepsi has pissed its vendors and distributors off in the gulf and this pic says it all -

www.ameinfo.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
i didnt need to see this to never buy a pepsi
coca cola all the way baby

Same here Pepsi sucks. From a PR stand point I think this can just has a city scape on it -- with unintentional connotations to 9/11. At the end of the day though if people mistake this for an insensitive slap-in-the-face to the veterans, it could be devastating for PepsiCo. Now that it is viral their PR Adviser will be in damage control.

An American CEO once said "As a company we can stand to lose money--even a lot of money. But as a company we cannot afford to lose reputation-- not even a shred."

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
oh my goodness... shuchy ducky quack quack.

some people are abject arses, hell bent on causing trouble in the world and taking EVERYTHING as much out of context as they possibly can.

on this can , there is a small city scape ... nothing more, nothing less!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I fail to see plumes of smoke, fireballs, a plane flying at a low enough altitude it might hit the building, let alone the twin towers....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yep... I see it,
This kind of occult symbolism occurs on everyday consumer products (What do you think "7 UP" means?)
remeber this Pepsi design is for the Arab world.
Pepsi corp attends Bilderberg.
Personally I would have liked to see the words "Inside Job" above the design.
But then they always leave a little to the imagination don't they?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned citizen 519
Must be a slow news day for the people who wrote this one....I think people are reaching a bit on this one, all I see is a populated cityscape.

the world is so full of professional drama queens that it's impossible not to offend someone.

the religious, the politics, the ethnics, the disabled, everybody is shocked, we are living in an age of hysteria.

probably designed by an innocent graphic artist who is now in trouble.

too bad people can't get a life and give up on extremism.

you sneeze and you offend someone nowadays.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I see a wintertime cityscape and nothing more.

not really sure what has people upset, you are only seeing what you choose to see in this image.
edit on 19-12-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The drinks make you sick and now they have sick jokes on them too

Wouldn't touch that stuff, even more so the 'diet' version which is full of Rat Poison i.e. Aspartame

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

not really sure what has people upset, you are only seeing what you choose to see in this image.

Tell it to the soldiers on the ground in Iraq. They are the ones who found this image disturbing.

I'd trust their observations more than some pius know-it-all at a keyboard.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well, Iraqis hate one thing above all else! Americans!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
1.) (To anyone familiar with the public opinion of those living in the middle east) Would this even be a possible tactic which would boost sales or not???

I don't qualify, so I'll pass.

2.) What does the text on the can actually say??

Don't know Arabic. But since it has been verified to be Pepsi can, I guess it would say Pepsi Cola and Diet (or its equivalent) in Arabic

3.) Do you think Pepsi Co. would use the same artwork for their can's here in the states?? If so, why and if not why not??

I don't think Pepsi would use it in the US.

The cans were introduced to commemorate the 40th year of the UAE formation and this particular design was to depict the emirate of Dubai (there were six others, one for each of the other six emirates of the UAE).

Don't see why Pepsi would want to release cans in the US commemorating the 40 anniversary of the formation of UAE.

Because I DON'T CARE if you see pink elephants in the ad or 911 or just a plain city, that is of no interest to me. I'm only interested in discussing whether or not Pepsi is knowingly using questionable marketing methods. I am addressing this from the standpoint that others, (not myself), see this ad as something of a questionable nature. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE YET????? Again, don't tell me how you only see an innocent city, cause I don't care what you see. People can see different things, all of which are equally valid to me since I do not dismiss anyones opinion here. If you see nothing great, move on. If you are able to see where others might see something different or you see it too, great, then lets move on to the next step of discussing why Pepsi Co. would actually do something like that....

Actually it does not make sense. It is not questionable marketing unless you can see something related to 9/11 in that. Since only some out of those who do not even know the context of the cans see it, even fewer will be able to see it in the particualr market where the context is well-known.

But assuming many did and the memory of the event would actually appeal positively to those in the market, I would certainly not put it past Pespi to cash in on it. Pepsi is a transnational corporation, not an American corporation and as such it caters to the tastes of all the customers, not just Americans, customers or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Tell it to the soldiers on the ground in Iraq. They are the ones who found this image disturbing.

I'd trust their observations more than some pius know-it-all at a keyboard.

We have been told there are no more US soldiers on the ground in Iraq.

But sure there may be many in the UAE bases and they may be just as offended. But that is their problem, not the problem of Dubai Refreshments (Pepsi, UAE).
edit on 19-12-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We didn't invade Iraq because of 9/11... that's Afganistan.

We went into Iraq because Saddam Hussein put a price on Bush Sr.s head and Bush Jr. wanted to take him out for threatening his Daddy. They lied about Iraq having "nukes" to further justify the invasion.

At least that's how it appears now.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
lolol

The Illuminati, which runs Lipton, hires some f'ed up Graphic Artists. Either that, or they breed graphic artists from within to flaunt their symbology and designs in our faces, and hell, even the faces of the Iraqis.

This is basically the Illuminati setting up a Pepsi plant in Iraq and then singing "trolololol" throughout the countryside.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Next you're going to tell me that isn't a snowflake, but the iconic Star of David.

Yeah, like Israel had a say in 9/11.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Lol, U.S. wasn't in Iraq for 9/11..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It appears that this has nothing to do with 9-11, unless Dubai Refreshments is just outright lying.

Dubai Refreshments launches special edition Pepsi cans for 40th National Day celebrations 2011

The 7 Pepsi Can designs include; Abu Dhabi's famous seafront featuring Emirates Palace, Dubai's skyline featuring the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa. Sharjah's design is of the traditional Old Souk, Umm Al Quwain is of the iconic horse roundabout, while Fujairah's Can features the bronze dallah statue. Ajman's design portrays the splendid museum, as well as Ras Al Khaimah's iconic dhow and castle imagery.

This seems like a cultural miscommunication to me being taken out of context. I could be wrong.

I think it's worth mentioning that the link to this article was on the first page of the original link in the first post of this topic, right under the picture of the can of Pepsi. It states:

Update: here is the real story on this can I'm mobile so I cannot make it a clicky www.ameinfo.com...
www.cafemom.com...
edit on 12/19/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Additional link

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Dear romanmel,

I am just now reading your thread, post by post, and I will now correct the misinformation, mistakes or just plain uninformed posts one at a time:

Iran's language is Farsi or Persian, depends who you talk to. Definitely NOT Arabic. The words on the Pepsi can are in Arabic and printed in Dubai not Tehran..

I will move on to the next post.

73's,
Tom

edit on 19-12-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
The story is a soldier in Afghanistan received one in the chow hall. He states the can says it is made in Dubai, Saudi Arabia...

ibloga.blogspot.com...
[/quote

Dear Starwise in Zenith, (I really hope you are not from the USA, my home)

#2 Correction: Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), NOT Saudi Arabia. As a matter of fact I am at the Sheraton in Deira, Dubai as I type!

73's,
Tom

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join