It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Troll Dead Kids on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I did say we have our problems!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I hate facebook and all social networking.

It leads to bullying and oneupmanship and it stinks.

I'll go further and say it is evil. That's right EVIL. People become addicted to this sort of thing to the detriment of fresh air and real life relationships.
I don't think society would miss anything if there was a cull on all Facebook members. Junkies each and everyone. Mark of the Beast hidden in plain sight!

But it's not evil to suggest we 'cull' a group of the population based on what website they visit?

On the contrary I would suggest that you just emulated the typical totalitarian mindset which has a great tendency to devolve into segregation, intolerance, and even murder merely to uphold their narrow views on what is deemed an acceptable code of behavior.

Most of us would miss these folks because many of them are our families and friends.

What star are you a child of anyways? Gamma Draconis?
Mark of the Beast indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
I would never spit on any grave of any person. All I see are trolls who are disrespecting the dead and there should be an avenue to address the situation. When hate filled people get away scot free with their hate filled written disrespect for the deceased - we are letting evil win.

Au contraire mon ami, that would make it illegal to speak negatively about anyone deceased, such as Hitler. So you agree that there should be a law passed to prevent us from essentially telling the truth about what people had done in their lives?

In the process of condemning their mistakes or negative actions we are indeed being disrespectful, because it certainly isn't respectful.

So you want to live in a world where everyone lies all of the time to fulfill your personal beliefs? We should all be respectful towards Hitler and not dare to speak ill of his misdeeds? Or face jail time?

And who cares if you are from Australia, all human beings were born with human rights, of which free speech is one of them. So you are against human rights?

I could twist this against you all day.

I usually don't like to do this but just to show you how wrong you really are, let's review the United Nations "Universal Declaration of Human Rights".

UN.org

From the Preamble:

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Article 3.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Let us define the word "Liberty":

1. a. The condition of being free from restriction or control.
b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing.
2. Freedom from unjust or undue governmental control.

dictionary

I am not going to treat you as a sub-human species merely because you are from another nation, all humans everywhere deserve liberty.

edit on 18-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Stuff like this? If it's found out whose doing it, the first thing that needs to happen is a psych evaluation. I'm no fan of psychology, but there are just certain things that scream "I'm a psycho".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow, trolling someone on facebook this way...

Consider you see the person, and their name doing it unless there an alias...

Most retarded thing ever conceived of, since people have your name, possibly address and details from facebook?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I do it for the lulz.

Nothing personal.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

what " respectfull " eulogy would you reccommend for josef mengele etc etc etc ?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
bottom line - dead people are dead - get over it , they dont care

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

They use fake profiles for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

They use fake profiles for it.

So either do some investigative work like...

"LOLZ, bro, that was awesome. You sure got that dead guy. Btw bro, who is this, don't worry I won't tell anyone ;-)"

Then find out who it is and it's vigillante justice time!

Or, block said user, report them.... etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I hate facebook and all social networking.

It leads to bullying and oneupmanship and it stinks.

Grinch Grinch Grinch.

People did that sort of thing long before social networking sites. There have always been a snob mentality in society.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I highly doubt anyone would fall for that. Blocking them is the best way to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Simple:

Lack of empathy.

Those people who do rip-trolling are most likely pampered suburban kids with all the material goods they could demand, a roof over their head and food in their mouth. But no proper mom or dad to teach them right from wrong. A lack of social skills and awareness stems from this lack of empathy.

Basically, their brains are not fully grown and the chances for their brain to fully grow are very small.

erm no, I suspect such lack of empathy could also be likely from a kid in a broken inner city home

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
everyones so narcissistic now a days that our view of death is screwed up beyond repair. they mourn more for themselves because they lost something dear to them. its selfish.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are full of assumption - how do you know what I speak about in conversation?

You are full of assumption - how do you know who I speak of in conversation?

You cite Hitler - I do not speak of Hitler. He is dead. He lived his life and that is the end of that.

I prefer not to speak of the dead at all - they have passed. I prefer to focus on the living.

Now what is your next assumption?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Say nothing - that gets evil more than anything.

Look up the meaning of psychopath, sociopath and narcissist and you will learn that they have enormous egos - particularly narcissists - they love nothing more than to be the centre of attention.

So - I say no eulogy - simple burial - walk away. Saying nothing and ignoring the evil people of this world is what is needed. They live off the energy of people and drain them.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If these people would just learn to stop feeding the trolls this wouldnt be an issue.... Your kid is dead. Somebody writes "mommy im in hell." What possible reason would you have to be upset? If there was no response the trolls would get bored and move on to something else.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Internet trolls! Everyone hates them. But are they actually good for something? A new academic paper argues the worst sort of trolling illuminates harsh truths about social networking, the internet, and the

More like the worst sort of trolling illuminates the harsh truths about human beings.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I didn't have to assume anything, you said it out in the open clearly that "it should be a crime to speak disrespectfully of the deceased."

You are on the defensive now because you know deep down inside that freedom will always have tyranny on the run.

I don't care if you do or don't speak of the dead. I care that you want to pass laws that tell me what I can and cannot say.

Look everyone including myself is wrong several times a day. Just admit you are wrong, and now see the folly of such a reprehensible anti-freedom suggestion. And all will be well. I will not pass laws against you, nor will I use force to get my way.

I will speak plainly and face you head on with the truth until you capitulate.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
Free speech is nothing unless you are willing to protect ideas and speech you do not like or agree with.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

erm no, I suspect such lack of empathy could also be likely from a kid in a broken inner city home

Well there's a world of difference between what you suspect and what has actually been researched. Kids in inner city homes do not get pampered or sheltered, they struggle alongside the other people in the inner city, they are more empathic than the other group.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join