It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Troll Dead Kids on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Genuinely speaking, you need a concrete example of what you consider "free speech" and what others do not consider "free speech", but incitement to hatred.

People who are incited towards hatred are already hateful and need a release for it. So they blanket it with blaming everyone else but themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The comment you use as an example could be construed as a taunt - that - in a court could be seen as an incentive to incite...

Could be seen by the court as a taunt and that could - at a stretch - be conceived as a veiled threat. And a threat is definitely going to come under the attention of the law. Remember the law is all about interpreting the words....

It will only take one seriously griefstricken person to take an on line troll to task in a court of law. Whatever happens how on earth will a troll defend their nastiness? Anyone willing to explain that to me?

Much Peace...

NB There are laws about desecrating graves and buried bodies so it stands to reason desecrating the memory of a person on the internet would be covered by law somewhere - or in a law yet to be created.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If you 'fund terrorism' even indirectly, you can be considered a type of accomplice perhaps.

So why aren't those who feed the trolls considered accomplices or accessories to trolling?

edit on 18-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It will only take one seriously griefstricken person to take an on line troll to task in a court of law.

WBC. No trouble and offending everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Trolls are trolls.. because they are miserable people inside. It takes a long time for them to realize it, they might laugh at the idea.. but it's true. They are miserable and lonely people.

I see the people trolling dead kids as real life versions of "The Comedian" from the Watchmen. A character who was a comedian because he realized what a horrible joke that reality really was, even if he was a terrible person himself. He commented on the things no one wanted to hear, but was certainly true..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I see the people trolling dead kids as real life versions of "The Comedian" from the Watchmen. A character who was a comedian because he realized what a horrible joke that reality really was, even if he was a terrible person himself.

Interesting take on it. I like that analogy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What does the acronym stand for? WBC? Thank you.

Much Peace..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Westborough (sp may be off Im tired) Baptist Church. 'God hates fags' people that troll dead soldiers funerals.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Genuinely speaking, you need a concrete example of what you consider "free speech" and what others do not consider "free speech", but incitement to hatred.

People who are incited towards hatred are already hateful and need a release for it. So they blanket it with blaming everyone else but themselves.

In a way, you are correct, however, even the most peaceful of people(because everyone has a limit of how much they are willing to take) can be driven to do anything if you just push them hard enough or fool them well enough. Again, history is littered with examples of entire populations being swayed by words to do the unthinkable. Even now, take the whole "bash-muslim-bandwagon" and the wars in the Middle-East. Look at what "holy" books have done with words.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I disagree strongly with hate crime laws, free speech is more important. Hate is a legitimate emotion that should not be illegal to express or incite. Yes, even in cases of blatant trolling. Its simple to make the page private or ban the troll, which solves the problem.

As for why they do it, there is a saying for it: "for the lulz!", meaning "for fun". This fun is derived from saying something very controversial or unethical and watching how people react and get mad.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Simple:

Lack of empathy.

It goes deeper than that.

They gain energy from people they distress. That is why they feel better and the distressed people feel worse.

Psychic vampires...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Simple:

Lack of empathy.

It goes deeper than that.

They gain energy from people they distress. That is why they feel better and the distressed people feel worse.

Psychic vampires...

I wouldn't go that far. I don't believe there exist psychic vampires, however, I believe they get a tiny energy boost by causing the distress, (metaphor incoming) kind of like an infant that likes to throw toys around - they smile and laugh all about it but once they realize they broke their toy, they're not so happy. After all, an infant can only get a new toy if someone else delivers it. And who would be delivering those "toys"? The people being trolled.

So what can they do with the energy they gain? Not much. They can't build a future on it because they will build one on quicksand as their foundation.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Amanda5

There should be a crime for writing anything outside respectful comments for a deceased person. If it isn't a crime then people will think it is okay. A certain amount of people will think twice and the real lunatics and the soulless will continue and eventually be made to atone.

I vehemently disagree with that. You should never have speech be a crime (unless threats etc.). It is a horrible, disgusting thing that these people do, but slippery slope on hurtful comments. Too hard to draw the line. Best to just make memorial pages private.

I couldn't agree more Domo.

Freedom of speech means tolerating the insensitive and vulgar that most of us would rather not hear.

Westboro Baptist Church is a perfect example. I despise their actions but am forced to respect their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms whether I like it or not.

If freedom of speech meant only allowing popular opinion and comfortable subject matter it would be rather pointless, would it not?

This is a similar idea, if you start passing laws prohibiting freedom of expression where do you stop?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

There should be a crime for writing anything outside respectful comments for a deceased person.

You are guilty of writing disrespectful comments of deceased people right here. The founding fathers and authors of the Constitution are deceased and you are basically spitting on their graves to seek a law banning free speech.

Therefore you should go to jail too.

Hey, you wanted it. See how easy it is to twist vague and absurd laws around?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I live in Australia. What is your next assumption going to be? I would never spit on any grave of any person. All I see are trolls who are disrespecting the dead and there should be an avenue to address the situation. When hate filled people get away scot free with their hate filled written disrespect for the deceased - we are letting evil win.

As for the American constitution - from what I see and read on this site your constitution does not protect you - the Police do not protect you and your government does not protect you. Why have a go at me - I would suggest you come and live in Australia. We have our problems but the news articles on Above Top Secret - seem to be consistent and aimed at a total takeover by your government.

As long as the security checks that are currently in place are still happening at your airports - I will not be visiting your country. As long as I see news articles where Police tie up five year olds and where the government would prefer to bail out the mortgage companies and leave law abiding citizens homeless - then your constitution needs addressing and by you - not me.

Now the thread is about people who troll the deceased. They are evil and disrespectful and should not be permitted to use the internet as a weapon to taunt the grieving. There has to be a way to make them accountable and looking at legislation is the place to start - they want to troll in a public way - let the public law be applied to them.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Since the younger generation seems to have failed to master writing by pen, the trolls in a way teach them what usually happens when your old fashioned hand-written diary was read by someone. Something is wrong anyway, why would you want to share your thought or feeling with the whole world in a first place?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
man thats #ed up to say that to the little girls mother on mother's day what kind of heartless bastard could say that to a little girls/ teenager are for that full grown womans mother are could even think such a thought and think that was funny thats some ohll bull# right theyre

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I hate facebook and all social networking.

It leads to bullying and oneupmanship and it stinks.

I'll go further and say it is evil. That's right EVIL. People become addicted to this sort of thing to the detriment of fresh air and real life relationships.
I don't think society would miss anything if there was a cull on all Facebook members. Junkies each and everyone. Mark of the Beast hidden in plain sight!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Ah, Australia, the land where they banned small breasts, and there are repeated attacks on internet freedom comparable to China firewall.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

What is evil is your luddite demonisation of a whole group of people just because they use a certain technology. What do you mean by "culling"?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join