It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Military Brutality Filmed in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have heard of the protests in Egypt over the last couple days, the military rulers have been ruthless lately.

CAIRO (AP) – Troops pulled women across the pavement by their hair, knocking off their Muslim headscarves, and slapped a middle-aged woman in the face repeatedly Saturday. Young activists were kicked in the head until they lay motionless in Cairo's Tahrir Square.

Egypt's military is using a dramatically heavier hand to crush protests against its rule in nearly 48 hours of continuous fighting in Egypt's capital that has left nine dead, many of them shot to death, and more than 300 injured.

www.usatoday.com...

This video was difficult to watch, the police beat these people senseless. There is no excuse for this behavior, no one should ever treat a defenseless human being like this.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: title

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is absolutely disturbing. The people of Egypt are not going to take this much longer. I fear things are about to get real bad over there.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The masses must resist as one massive force if they are to defeat the corruption and tyranny. If they do not, they will remain as fragmented slaves.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

I was hoping the elections would have calmed some of the tension over there. The military has lost it's connection to the people and are savagely beating them. The people are not going to forget this.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You are right it is very hard to watch.

How the police can turn their backs on their own people (their fathers, brothers, mums or daughters) I will never comprehend. Hope the people win.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
wow..

I thought i was watching OWS for a second there...

give a man a shield.a helmet and a stick..

he gonna beat on someone....

overkill? you bet!

S+F for you...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

I just can't understand it either. I have done stupid things in my life but never would I ever resort to such brutality. I would only use violence in self defense as a last resort, this is the opposite of that. These people are monsters, what can drive people to do stuff like this?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What ever happened to the Arab Spring? This isn't the outcome you were expecting or wanted? You actually thought the military were going to voluntarily allow a democratic state to rise up? Welcome to the real world of African military dictatorships, which Egypt is now a member.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
disgusting....simply disgusting....
they used live ammo to top it off...
S+F....

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That is some of the most disturbing footage I have seen in a minute. I'm appalled. I sincerely hope that the people come back strong, otherwise it is defiantly over for them. Such a sad thing to see when the government starts attacking the people it is supposed to serve. Hopefully things like that don't end up taking place in America, although I don't think we are that far off. I wish I could retaliate for those people. God knows I will if it happens here.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
thankfully the nypd hasn't been that bad, today.
not like egypt

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think that those are not military in the video....some have sneakers on and behave like rioters. Throwing objects at random people....so they have expensive riot gear but no decent boots or training...they remind me of the police in robocop3 that were recruited from the jails...here is some gear and guns and sticks....go get em! Mercinary world force...any odd fool will do...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Guy at 1:16 seems to have caught something in his chest.

All fun and games til he gets a taste of his own medicine.
edit on 12/18/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
What ever happened to the Arab Spring? This isn't the outcome you were expecting or wanted? You actually thought the military were going to voluntarily allow a democratic state to rise up? Welcome to the real world of African military dictatorships, which Egypt is now a member.

It's not over.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Another normal day in Egypt

Egypt troops, protesters clash again, widening rifts

(Reuters) - Protesters and troops fought in Cairo on Sunday, the third day of clashes that have killed 10 people and exposed rifts over the army's role as it manages Egypt's promised transition from military to civilian rule.

Troops have set up barriers on streets around Tahrir Square, the hub of the uprising that ousted President Hosni Mubarak and now again convulsed by violence as protesters demand that the generals who took charge in February quit power.

I hope a peaceful compromise can be reached until civilian rule takes effect.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I really don't care about Egypt any more. I supported them through the Arab Spring just to see hundreds of innocent Coptic Christians slaughtered for the simple crime of not being muslim. Egypt can go to hell!

No wonder I'm an atheist.

IRM
edit on 18/12/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I really don't care about Egypt any more. I supported them through the Arab Spring just to see hundreds of innocent Coptic Christians slaughtered for the simple crime of not being muslim. Egypt can go to hell!

Throughout this so called Arab spring just look at the violence the victors have inflicted on each other.
Look at what they did to Gadaffi. Don't expect a civilising influence any time soon.
Sometimes you need a brutal dictator for a brutal tribal mentality people.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM
edit on 18/12/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

You should care. The first revolution that put the military and those that killed the Christians(I've not read this so just going by your account) in power are those that were supported by the West. What you see now in Egypt, the people protesting...that's you! You should care.
edit on 18-12-2011 by InfoKartel because: forgot 2 words ^^

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I can't say I agree with all of what you said, but I can see how you reached your opinion. I don't think it's fair for you to label all Egyptians as Christian hating extremists because Egypt is actually well known for the Christians and Muslims getting along compared to many other Arab nations. I'm not defending the actions of the Muslims who attacked the Christians, but it was a small minority.

I don't think all of Egypt should to go hell because of those clashes. It's a complicated situation over there and there is probably going to be many more clashes. I still get angry when I think about that video in the OP, I wouldn't wish that treatment on my worse enemy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I believe this is false propaganda. The people of any nation if they want change
they can and will bring it, the police force are out numbered in 1000 to 1 there is
no way they can trample people like that. I'd say its ethnic minority's again, Muslim
radicals, how else can we explain why the police and military are over powering them
like that. ATS you should be more than this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join