It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was @ The Tonight Show, Ron Paul taping. It was EPIC!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have donated to his campaign several times and have read two of his books. That being said, I thought he appeared out of place initially. His body language was frail. He didn't command the stage as he does in his speeches. However, I'm glad he was on the show and it was a successful visit. They had to bump another guest off because Leno kept him going past his allotted time. I think he is going to blow the Iowa caucus out of the water.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

I've asked you to prove your ridiculous claims to me several times and you've never been able to, you actually willingly ignore me. Until then, your 'Ron Paul was chosen by the illuminati' bit is nothing but a silly fantasy to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go outside and throw up illuminati gang signs like Jay-Z and George Bush.

edit on 17-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That's so cool that you got to be at the taping of the show! Don't pay any attention to the couple trolls trying to derail your thread. They're probably mad at Ron because they live in their mom's basement and are affraid he will cut their welfare payments. I watched the interview and he did a phenomenal job. Joe Rogan is fricken awesome too! Did they allow cameras? If so did you get any pics?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
That's so cool that you got to be at the taping of the show! Don't pay any attention to the couple trolls trying to derail your thread. They're probably mad at Ron because they live in their mom's basement and are affraid he will cut their welfare payments. I watched the interview and he did a phenomenal job. Joe Rogan is fricken awesome too! Did they allow cameras? If so did you get any pics?

They were strict about phones and cameras

The trolls can try but they cannot deny the Ron Paul Revolution because at the end of the day its not about the messenger but the message and nobody, no not even Obama (like some try to compare Ron Paul to), dares to talk about true liberty.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just watched the show via the link given and it was fun and entertaining. Joe Rogan was adorable at the end and old honest Ron admitted never to have seen his show but will do so from here on out...How funny! Is there anything jore scarey than being president of the USA? Having to have all those secret service men around all the time is scarey in itself...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
reply to post by eLPresidente

haha wow thats awesome! How did it feel to stand in the same room as the Legendary Dr. Paul!
I know you said magnificent but I would of gave my thumb to fly out to cali to support him,
you sir are one lucky guy

I know he has a lot more support now so I know he's doing bigger things for this election, but you should try to see him if he makes his rounds close to you.

I supported him on his first go around in 2008. Saw him speak at the Palace Theater in Louisville. It was really neat. My brother saw him in Raleigh, NC a few months after that. I even attended a volunteer meet up session and ate dinner with his son, Rand (like, sat down, ate and talked with him) before he decided to run for office and mix it up. I even asked Rand if he ever had intention of entering politics (at the time, he was just a ophthalmologist) and he said the idea had crossed his mind. We're lucky enough to have him as a Representative now.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by supine

So, what part did you like? Dislike?

Ever hear that old saying...never try to BS a BS'er?

But seriously, I'm curious. give us your critique of his appearance tonight.

Did you even hear when RP said that Bachman hates Muslims?...there I'm even helping you.

Ummm...........According to..."the horizontal one"...he, them, she, it, never actually.......(drum roll)...WATCHED.....the show......so thems couldn't tell ya.......He, them, she, it's, a Ron Paul hater..............and doesn't happen to like Leno either........So, the troll is dangling bait........and you jumped for it
Good thing I was "trolling" the board..........so's I could.............lend a hand.......

You have now been inducted as a fledgling Troll Slayer..................your apprenticeship in the "anti thread derailment" phase commences................NOW.............................Good luck hunter...

YouSir.........................................................................................OUT

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
In some ways I like Ron Paul but getting rid of the FDA altogether, and eliminating America's social safety net, is pretty crazy. Also he thinks states should have the rights to do things like ban gay marriage.

I dont quite this this...

On the one hand people want their rights back, lower taxes and smaller government, on the other hand they expect government to fix their particular concerns.

Dont you get what Paul was saying? You as the individual have the rights. States have no rights over you unless you give it to them. We the people make the cages that we live in. Secondly, you cant expect every part of the world to live their lives under the same rules you want to live under. Thats the advantage of having 50 states- you get options! And if you dont like the States, you have options living in different countries! But be prepared to lose your rights under their constitutions.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I Really enjoyed the Jay Leno interview with Ron Paul, WOW He finally got to to talk and wasn't cut off by someone saying, "didn't you hear the buzzer that means stop talking". I'am actually surprised NBC had him on. I'am sure he is going to get flak from the candidates for his description of them. but was accurate I'd say.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

thanks for the link - great video - i didn't know he was a doctor - nor did i realize he has served 12 terms as a congressman - yes, he's right we had many writings on the wall with regards to the economic bubbles - we just didn't pay attention or possibly most didn't believe it and kept listening to obama give more hope - which he's been selling since in office -

yes, his ideas are young ideas and he is right about our young people being more principled - and states do not have rights only individuals have rights and we need to keep a closer eye on our state level politicians because obviously they are not for the people -

bottom line - we should make up our own minds - like the seat belt laws - i agree they do help but it should not be a law and people should start taking responsibility for their actions and suffer the consequences - if you smoke cigarettes then you suffer the consequences and stop suing the tobacco companies -

he makes sense - and he does not straddle the fence -

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I loved his interview on the show. I was sorta hoping though that the audience was not full of his supporters but people of all walks who were over the moon about what he was saying. I've been pushing Paul since his first run and I do believe he is our last hope. He has not flipflopped, he's stood for the constitution consistently in his votes.

I LIKE states rights because it does give the power back to the people...for instance in Utah they will likely vote to make marijuana, abortion and gay marriage illegal...which means, for instance, if Arizona votes to legalize all, then those people who wish to live in a state which has those features you can move there! Think of it..as rigid states begin to loose populations and their tax base to other, more progressive states, then the people in those states might start to rethink their positions.

I like what he said about deregulating businesses, especially getting rid of the EPA..he said there are already laws on the books that state that you cannot harm your neighbor's land with your actions...if you poison your neighbor's well then you are legally liable...corporations, same thing. What the red tape of regulations does is actually make it harder for INDIVIDUALS to seek redress because by the time you get through the red tape and actually get to court, all the complainants have died. Think of it, the Fracking thread here about the horrors happening in North Dakota...think of it...with the regulations and red tape the landowner will likely never get any redress...but without, they can hire a contingency lawyer, take the company to court and prove that they've been harmed...removing regulations might also remove some lawsuit limitations on how much one can be awarded...THINK OF IT...the people in the fracking video go IMMEDIATELY to a lawyer, (contingency-base) he sees the damages, the lab reports, he sees dollar signs..he is willing to work his butt off for the clients....in fact now he has a whole team of experts who smell money....and they take on the corporation and win...with a local jury
and the company has to pay billions....what local jury seeing the evidence would find in favor of a "foreign" corporation that is destroying their homes? Corporations might then seek to do business in a "nicer" way.

We think regulations save us but they actually make it harder to get redress. Those people in the ND video will likely never see any compensation....but put the company out of business with huge damage rewards and the damage to the environment is halted. If RP means what he says about government's job protecting the liberty and life of AMERICANS, then I can see that the fed doing away with the EPA and creating an agency to actually HELP citizens harmed by corporations by, for instance having a huge pool of experts whose job it is to help Americans protect themselves from corporate harm...expert witnesses, and researchers who HELP us instead of hinder us.....

Corporations might then start looking at actually developing technologies that do not harm the environment.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i especially appreciated his comment about stopping foreign aid altogether - his comment about grover cleveland and the fact he liked to veto bills and believed in the gold standard -

quite a remarkable interview -

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

LUCKY!!

So jealous...I saw the video of the supporters in the streets as he was leaving, powerful stuff. Awesome to see the people standing behind him, and ignoring all the media talking heads and trolls here who tell us he won't win. They can take their crystal balls and shove them straight up their bought and paid for @sses.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
It also doesn't mean he doesn't have ALL of their support. There are plenty of seniors for Paul, in fact I saw at least six over 50's waiting HOURS with us to get in and show their support for Paul.

I have Ron Paul bumper stickers on my truck and I live close to Sun City, AZ. It's a large retirement community. Several seniors have taken the time to stop, roll down their windows, and tell me what a good man Ron Paul is. And I'm a dude with tattoos and piercings, so they are definitely outside their comfort zone striking up a conversation with me.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I just saw that video too, one of the supporters posted it up to Facebook.

You know where I was when Ron left the studios? I was stuck in line leaving the studio and I could hear the chanting and wanted to be there when he left but there were too many people in my way. I would've jumped the rails but didn't want to be 'that Ron Paul supporter that got tackled by security for being disorderly' if you know what I mean.

JD, you should totally come down to SoCal for the next RP event...just saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
JD, you should totally come down to SoCal for the next RP event...just saying.

The facebook page is where I saw it too. I may just make it over there for the next event, depending on when and where...also gonna try to get to the CNN debate here in AZ in February.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Rally outside of NBC studios for the Jay Leno show

very touching from beginning to end, especially the end.

edit on 20-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Dude, you're killing me. I wanna move to the west coast!

That was an epic scene outside the studio.
And might I add...Ron Paul chicks are the bomb!
I should know...I've got one!

edit on 12/20/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join