It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested for Terrorizing Holiday Shoppers with Light Saber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
BOOMSAUCE

Police arrested a man who allegedly assaulted three people with a blue light saber at a Hayden Island Toys R Us Wednesday night.

A 9-1-1 caller reported the incident about 9:50 p.m. and said the man was inside the store, 1800 Jantzen Beach Center, swinging the "Star Wars" weapon of choice at customers, said Sgt. Pete Simpson, a spokesman for the Portland Police Bureau. While the caller was on the phone, the man then left the store — light saber in hand — and walked out to the parking lot.

Officers tried to arrest the man, but he kept swinging the light saber at them, Simpson said. One tried to use his Taser on the suspect but the device didn't work.

Another officer used his Taser and made contact, but the man knocked one of the wires away with the light saber.

The officers finally arrested the man after grabbing him and pinning him to the ground. The suspect, identified only as a 33-year-old Hillsboro man, was treated by medics at the scene and taken to an area hospital for a mental evaluation. He faces "several criminal charges" after he is evaluated, Simpson said.

None of the victims of the light saber assault needed medical attention, Simpson said.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just thought this was kinda funny. wanted to share.

dude must not have heard about S1867!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's a toy. Grab it out of his hand and chuck it away. Then tell him to stop acting like he's five.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Dumb cops!
Everyone knows you can't take out a Jedi with a Taser!

Go OBI-WAN!

edit on 15-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It seems the force was with him...for a little while anyway. I love how he was able to briefly fend off stormtroo...I mean cops
with a toy light saber.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
LOL

I wonder if he was put up to it, or just kind of out of it

It is interesting to note that While I was in basic, we were told we could go to any religious establishment and they named several, lets say, unorthodox religions. One of them was for Jedi's and somewhere in or around San Antonio, there is a chapter.

Since it was not something I chose to believe in, I didn't go. I did think about going just to see what it was about though.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As long as he didn't hit me I would have thought it was funny.. annoying.. but funny.. wouldn't call the cops on him.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The religious persecution of the Jedi must end!
lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Was it really this guy!? I knew he'd do that in public one of these days

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Dont Mess With The Jedi Knight Bitch !!! LMFAO

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Unless he was fighting greed and corruption a true Jedi would never terrorize he must have been a SITH flunky...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

What does it mean?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Unless he was fighting greed and corruption a true Jedi would never terrorize he must have been a SITH flunky...

Just kidding, I don't really recommend that at all, for anyone!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

One tried to use his Taser on the suspect but the device didn't work.

The Force is very strong in this one indeed

O and hey Ice!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
lol, thats funny, cops afraid of getting beat up by a guy with a toy saber, lol.

he shouldve had 2, lol.

top topics

join