It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO?.......No!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Excellent work! S&F! This is exactly what is needed,
A solid piece of work, based on logical thinking.
Truly a pleasure to come across a thread like this!
edit on 14-12-2011 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Any sighting that we can explain, we should explain. We should all learn the common misidentifications in order to better be able to spot the real thing when or if it happens. Showing how some common objects are misidentified as UFOs is not debunking all UFOs, but it does help us reduce the false positives. I see nothing wrong with this thread and a whole lot of right.

If I see something, I want to be able to determine with a more experienced eye whether it's a common object or something truly out of this world. I sure as heck don't want to look stupid by whipping out my iPhone and snapping a bad shot of some chinese lanterns or a bird.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How about presenting some authenticated images of UFOs?
That would sorta chill your...what ever it is you are trying to prove.

Your efforts here are precisely how the government works in explaining UFOs. (You lookin' for a job with 'em?)

Oh, it comes to me now. You really are a teenager from Face Book and this thread will be spread all over Face Book, on your Wall or where ever.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

How about presenting some authenticated images of UFOs?

Since that is not the topic of the OP'ers thread......how about you post some "authenticated" images of UFO's?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Great thread OP...

One thing that I have always said was if there are UFOs that can cross billions of miles of space they wont need a blinking port light. This clears up a lot of the supposed cases for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by msink

Well I saw a real UFO that had a blinking light. Not too sure if it travelled any million miles to get here though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank you very much all for your input! Much appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, thai lantern!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs fleet above NYC?

No! Celebration for the 100 years of 'Gran Via' with yellow balloons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, plane and its contrail lit by the rising sun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, Dreamworks advertising balloon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close encounter?

No, magnesium fire + cropped picture by the use of a post-process software (Picasa here):

See my full analysis on Ufocasebook

To be continued....
edit on 14-12-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The real value of this exercise is for people to refrain from using these NG photos when presenting a case for the existence of UFOs.

Case in point: Photo with lens flares used way too often in perhaps otherwise valid pro-UFO articles or as a lecture slide.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ufonaut?

No, dog in a blurred and low-resolution shoot!

Credits goes to Andres Duarte, see here and here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, poorly bad done fake by Robbert Van DeBroeke:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

Close-up:

No, Streetlamp!

This weird effect is due to (with a 2s exposure and a 3.5 aperture value) the operator taking the still shoot during the first part of the exposure (allowing then the ambient low light to impress the ccd sensor) and then put down its camera during the second part of the exposure, while the shutter is still open but on close process (allowing the higher lights to continue to impress the ccd sensor).
The dot aspect is due to the light frequency (50Hz) invisible to the naked eyes, but not for the cameras.
In the samples above, some lights appears to have this 'dot effect' while some haven't, this is because the streetlamp light use discharge lamps with sodium vapor (yellow / orange) or mercury vapor (white / blue) which produce, regularly and at a define frequency, electric arcs in the middle of a gas, which ionizes and then produces light. The headlights lights of cars aren't produced this way (an incandescent tungsten filament that haven't the time to cool down to show any flicker) and gives a continue line in these samples.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, lenticular cloud lit by rising sun.

To be continued....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I consider your post to be a good tool and important because people need to see there are explanations for many Sightings....otherwise there is simply going to be too many mis-identified objects making the rounds...Good job.
But, There is no question at this point in time that all observed UFO are not easily identified, and some will remain in the unidentified catagory...IMO They do exist..but are not very often seen.
its my intention to put together a thread of some of these unexplained objects.
edit on 14-12-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Awesome post!!

This is great for those who love to call many things you listed with explanations UFOs when they can be completed explained.

I have seen two UFOs and they were like nothing i had ever seen before and they moved liked nothing I had ever seen. One made a right turn then just took off so darn fast I just stood there in amazement. Both were in the late evening or early hours around 3am.

I still have no idea what i saw but by definition they were UFO's, now were they piloted by aliens? Who knows?! I know where I lived there is a military AFB, the Kennedy Space Center and multiple airports so it could be anything however it was not a plane esp with how it moved. I have seen many jets and all kinds of aircraft but nothing moved like this. I also witnessed some weird testing over the KSC late one night with my roommate and his fiance. It was really weird because there were no lights on out at the cape and usually when they are doing something there are lights but not this time. Whatever was doing practice tests was doing the same thing over and over and again the way it moved was pretty crazy! Still haven't a clue what it was..

S&F and bookmarked!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
sorry but i couldn't resist

otherwise well explained S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by m83x1

LOL you need one like that with Venus!

Venus gets mistaken as a ufo all the time, heck I won't lie a few years back when Venus was at her brightest I thought it was something til I check Stellarium
My roommate had a good chuckle, but I hadn't seen it like that before. It was beautiful. I sat outside and stared at it for a while.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
UFO?

No, tire under the water + image flipped upside down....

SOURCE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, helicopter shoot at night with a long exposure mode. (Nikon D50 + 10s exposure)

SOURCE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, F111 dump and burn during a show at Brisbane (Australia)!
(Note the camera lens effect that occurs when a very bright light hit the camcorder lens and that appears as a 'strange' beam of light)

SOURCE
[from 3'33" to 3'58"]

SOURCE (in French)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ufos?

No, just a flock of birds (possibly starlings)

SOURCE Photos

Green alien with red eyes at the window?

No, just a bunch of flowers enlightened by the camera flash through the frosted-glass window at night...

SOURCE

To be continued!....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't flag very much but i had to...that's very good work

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everybody already knows most UFOs are explainable, or just plain hoaxes. I don't even watch UFO videos anymore because you just can never know. What you can't really debunk though, are testimonies. Sure anyone can make up a UFO story, but I like to believe most people are telling the truth about these matters. If someone sees a light in the sky, hovering around, then all of a sudden it zips out into space, they have just witnessed a UFO. I'm pretty sure we Earthlings don't have the technology to do that yet, so the only explanation is that it was piloted by ETs.

You've done a lot of work to debunk these things, but they are all things that have already been debunked. Nobody sees a Goodyear blimp just floating in the air and thinks it's a UFO.

Who has the time on their hands to show hundreds of already debunked UFO pictures and explain why they are debunkable? Answer; a Government employee.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good job to the OP! There need to be more of these. In the past few days I've been able to identify some people's "UFOs" as drones. Our military do have some weird drones out there.

The reason the sightings have increased in recent years isn't due to some UFO flap, it's a direct result of a few things,

1)) ET/UFOs being in the mainstream media for over 50 years
* The History Channel aka The UFO Channel
2)) Increased technology
* From LED balloons to Stealth Jets/Blimps/Easier ability to misidentify/Easier ability to hoax
4)) Popularity of UFO sightings
* Hoaxing in Mexico seems to be a favorite past-time in recent years.

I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that has proven to me that all of this isn't anything other than internal. If I see the Roswell metal that unfolds itself, or an alien body that would be pretty cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

Myself, I have witnessed 3 incidents that I would classify as U.F.O. sightings, conveniently they were all at night, I can't explain all 3 of them, but I do believe 2 of them were likely military, and 1 of them may have been created from nature.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
to the op. i bet you sit inside all day and night dulling your brain with electronic stimulants. why not gain some bravery, go outside at night on a dark country road, and look up. these UFOs are either man made, or extra terrestrial. never the less they are there. could be top secret technology crafted by the air force or navy. they are always 3 steps ahead. could be whatever, but what we should all be asking is what are they. not "my idea is the best because i'm guessing". lets band together and figure out the truth.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Very good thread . Every once in a while , however , we get a picture or two like this one.

Sometimes a UFO is really a UFO after all.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join