It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO?.......No!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hello all!

Here, I'll present you one of the biggest part of my work, which is to expose how one can be confused and what, most of the time, appears at first glance to be an 'UFO' is, in fact either:
- A common natural or human-made thing seen under unusual or bad circumstances or
- An deliberate attempt to fool our own senses.

These samples which are either extracted from my own files or were exposed here, will be presented in a random way with, each time it's possible, an explanation on how it has been done or how it works.
Some are well known, some are relatively new.

It will be a long presentation, as I have hundreds of samples, so be patient with me please!
Also, feel free to comment or add your own sample, as the more we have, the more we can learn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, street lamp! The white over-exposed sky makes the wires disappears.

Credits RR0, Jérôme le Beau

Thanks to "Là et demain"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, anti-hail rocket.... Seen from far away in the sky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, coincidental sighting of both insect (first sinusoidal trajectory) illuminated by ambiant light and a meteor (straight trajectory at the end).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, Lens Flare!

To be continued.....

edit on 14-12-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

To be continued.....

No. thanks.
With your proofs, NOW, I'm absolutely sure that UFOs do not exist!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
UFOs?

No, birds, bugs, flies, etc.... with various camera settings!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, 9 Tornados in formation! .... (and very bad Google streetview resolution, I have to say....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, lights reflections on windows glass....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, camera artefact after zooming on a fixed point! Venus here. The shape varie depending of the shutter shape.

Giant black UFO in the center of the sun?

No, "black sun" effect in CMOS sensors.

Full explanations here

Can also be seen in videos as well:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, kite + leds

SOURCE

Thanks to 'Michel-Vallee' for his insight!

To be continued.......

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
UFO sphere following a plane?

www.dailymotion.com...

No, winglet of the plane lit by the sun.

Only the winglet is visible due to:
* Angle of the sun
* Angle that the right wing makes with the cameraman and that makes appears the rest of the wing invisible
* Badly focused camera

SOURCE

Special thanks to MV of the French radio "Icietmaintenant" for this idea!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, Ipod/Iphone plug-ins....

www.apptism.com...

www.apptism.com...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huge UFO over Swirtzerland detected by radar?

No, radar dysfunction...

The center is were is located the malfunctioning radar:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs armada?

No, photo taken through windows with ceiling lamps reflection!

PS: The place is Dinard, France.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOs?

No, LED Balloon Floaties!!

To be continued....

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was 13 when I witnessed my first UFO's
I am now 45

Walking home from football training with a few freinds we stopped dead in our tracks and watched 5 UFO's staying next to each other on an almost cross formation.
No idea how big they where or how far they where as it was at night.
At a very poor estimate I would say they where a few miles away and probably each was double the size of a jumbo jet
they moved as 1 to the right and then to the left, they moved right and then left again and then went straight up at a tremendous speed.
It lasted around 30 seconds
30 minutes later there where aircraft combing the sky in the area of the sighting.

No street lights blocking our view, no windows, no reflections.
Using your debunking skills can you please explain to me what it was that I saw.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
very nice. really cool thread. it'd be nice to have a few real UFO's though.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I was 13 when I witnessed my first UFO's
I am now 45

Walking home from football training with a few freinds we stopped dead in our tracks and watched 5 UFO's staying next to each other on an almost cross formation.
No idea how big they where or how far they where as it was at night.
At a very poor estimate I would say they where a few miles away and probably each was double the size of a jumbo jet
they moved as 1 to the right and then to the left, they moved right and then left again and then went straight up at a tremendous speed.
It lasted around 30 seconds
30 minutes later there where aircraft combing the sky in the area of the sighting.

No street lights blocking our view, no windows, no reflections.
Using your debunking skills can you please explain to me what it was that I saw.

Hi!

I'm not here to debunk anything, only trying to explain how our senses can be confused by common things.
In the past, I've met people like you you have seen extraordinary things that really cannot be explained, so I fully understand that what you've seen cannot be explained in any way too.

There are too many fakes and misinterpretation that hide the real interesting cases, like yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

No birds? No.15 is clearly a bird.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Excellent. Then you can explain this!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Good stuff, but we know that 98% of all sightings are explainable..no-one ever doubted that

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Cant debunk them all..since some are REAL.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
UFO?

No, rocket launch from the Vanderberg AFB.
The strange glowing effect is produced when unburned particles of propellant and water left in the vapor trail of a launch vehicle condenses, freezes and then expands high up in the less dense upper atmosphere....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

Non, UFO blimp over "Stade de France", for show games, 2009 April.

SOURCE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, probably a corn waste ejected off the combine harvester. The same as those we can see on the ground.

Crédits goes to RNCSC for the original photography.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO?

No, small jet by night....

Special thanks to Marvin.

....And thanks also to "Alison Kruse" for letting us know exactly what NOT to do....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFOS?

No, "sprites" or "mega lightnings"

This may look like a flying saucer of movie fame, but it’s really an atmospheric phenomenon called a “sprite.” Sprites appear 35 to 80 miles above the earth’s surface; they can be set off when the lightning from a thunderstorm (only 7 to 10 miles high) excites the electric field farther up in the atmosphere. Though they appear above most thunderstorms, they appear so briefly—less then a second—and so high up that it’s not so shocking that they weren’t discovered until 1989. Like other similar phenomena called “elves,” “trolls” and “goblins,” sprites dance in the sky and are thought to be the source of some UFO sightings.

SOURCE

To be continued......

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Well yea...

There are a ton of sightings that are just mistaken aircraft, but then there are the real sightings...

You're good at debunking fraudulent UFO sightings. (if this is all your work that is)

But that still doesn't mean there aren't real sightings?

Were you trying to disprove all UFO sightings, or a specific one?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nice post. Of course you picked and choose the photos and videos that were used in this OP. Most of these were pretty easy to debunk. IMO you took the lazy way out. Dig deeper and debunk those....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Maybe you can ID this one, from one of ten police polaroids taken outdoors looking straight up in the presence of numerous witnesses (Levittown, Puerto Rico, 1980, about 300 witnesses, 30 calls to police):

edit on 14-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
No thread can ever debunk every photo and testimony.

While I agree that a very large percentage of UFOs may be total misguided instinct, fear or confusion for what the person is seeing, there are still those "genuine" cases that people, pilots included, will absolutely take to the grave without any doubt.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

U.F.O.'s are real. I admit a lot of the photos are fake or visualized wrong, but there are real photos out there. Not only photos but people who have witnessed. Some service men who served in the air force have witnessed U.F.O.'s in Government possession, and spoke out about it.

U.F.O.'s are real for a fact, what you need to try debunking are Aliens for all of these E.T. crazy people. Aliens are the false Hollywood images people love to believe in.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Great thread, not just bashing and trashing the UFO phenomenon but actually giving plausible explinations for the sightings. S & F

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You have put a lot of effort into your thread and that is to be commended but I get the distinct feeling you are trying to send the message that UFOs are not real and can be explained.

Many people over many many years have experienced sightings - myself included - and they cannot be explained away. I hope you are not afraid of the thought that Intergalactic Visitors and Intergalactic Craft might actually be real. The other option is that you have a dedicated interest to posting such a vast array of information - such as that contained in this thread - I hope you are not a financed operative - that would be sad for you because it means you sold out. I hope that is not the case - it's just that you did not post information to show that sometimes the unexplained remains unexplained. Your post is so large and sophisticated it almost appears to be a psychological tirade designed to alter thinking patterns - I guess only you know your motivation.

Thanks for posting.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Actually, this is a very good idea. Kudos elevenaugust! A great deal of these visual misidentifications are quite common on ATS, and it's quite convenient with a thread like this. It's only too bad no one has bothered with it until now. Visual references to objects that are often subject to misidentification can be pretty valuable. Let's hope thread starters take notice of this thread.

Flagged and starred.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join