It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Why haven't we sent men there to see what's going on? I don't understand the bloated and unnecessary discourse you're all having here. It's a trivial and pointless debate. We all know there is something there.

"We" do??

Arianna and only one or two others have "seen something going on there".

Not sure if you have really read this thread...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. You also believe that Micro-Martians live in the soil on Mar's Northern arctic plain and they build little faces and structures not out of rock but out of soil?

A very durable building material against time and weather, I'm sure. Maybe the scientist that works in "the field of " such sciences as Astrophysicist and planetary sciences will give their opinion. But anyone can claim to work in a field of something. On another thread we had a NASA Astrophysicist debunked from a freedom of information act inquiry and a denial by the college that said Astrophysicist attended. Their spelling was atrocious and their credentials were faked. So I'm leery of academic claims unless they can be verified or the person takes part in the thread under a screen name and answers logical questions.

But really, we need to put a man on Mars with a microscope to say "hey" to the wee ones?

Whom knows.maybe Eden started there and the first man and woman were named Atom and Electron or El for short.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by arianna
I was not really incorrect as the type of burn tool I was referring to was a global type of tool that would increment or decrement the pixel values by the same amount.
Was that the type of tool you used?

The two figures I stated for the pixel values and the global burn tool was a based on a hypothetical case. The tool I used for the lunar image enhancements was the 'shadow' tool. Maybe, on reflection, I should have used the 'midtones' tool which would not have been so harsh on the darker shades of gray. I will have to make an enhancement using the 'midtones' tool to make a comparison when i have time.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409

Let me get this straight. You also believe that Micro-Martians live in the soil on Mar's Northern arctic plain and they build little faces and structures not out of rock but out of soil?

No, I have not stated that. They could be termed tiny 'sand people' who build their structures in many places, namely on rocks and boulders and the white slabs that we see in the Meridiani Planum region. The large rock found by Opportunity and named 'Block Island' is a typical example. I wrote to the NASA astrobiologist, David Morrison, about what I had found on this particular rock and although he kept my question on file for over six months he did not have the courtesy to reply. There is plenty of evidence in the Mars images to suggest that these civilizations exist. What prevents this from being a valid possibility? If you examine some of the images really close, either those captured by Phoenix or the MER's, and allow yourself to have an open mind you may start to realize that what I am saying could well be fact and not a figment of the imagination.
edit on 13-1-2012 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I stumbled across this while researching a 3D image of Tyco from JAXA/Selene images today. This is a NASA 3D of the central peak of Copernicus crater (Anaglyph) and how a real 3D should look like. (glasses are preferred).

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

And the original image in black and white.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Major difference in professional and amateur techniques in image processing.
Checked back through the thread and did not see these images posted unless I missed them.

They probably used Photoshop to produce that 3-D image. Anyone who knows how to use this application can do the same as long as the stereo pair are correctly orientated.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If you examine some of the images really close, either those captured by Phoenix or the MER's, and allow yourself to have an open mind you may start to realize that what I am saying could well be fact and not a figment of the imagination.

Hi Arianna,

I know you don't like answering any of my questions, but I thought I would try to ask one more question here.

I was wondering if you would risk following your own words of wisdom, allowing your own mind to open up and potentially accept (or at least look at) the remote possibility that what you are interpreting in these pictures are not actually miniature civilizations, but rather just rocks and soils?

I know that it would be difficult to see anything other than miniature civilizations for you, but if you were to open up your imagination and just wildly speculate outside of the box, what those images could be other than civilizations? What would you think they could be alternatively other than miniature civilizations?

Thanks Arianna in advance for taking the time to answer...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

They could be termed tiny 'sand people'

Shades of Star Wars....Sand people. So these are the forefathers of the giant structure builders on the Moon?
What are they called, the crater people?

So in effect we are killing trillions of microbial alien builders and the Curiosity lander will kill trillions more when it lands and begins exploring and zapping rocks with its laser.

What is that called Maricide? The killing of Micro-Martian sand people for Earth based science. What a planetary holocaust on an epic scale. We must alert NASA and the world court in the Netherlands to this mass extinction event.

Oh, the humanity of it all.

Now back on topic what does sand people have to do with Copernicus crater?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg

If you examine some of the images really close, either those captured by Phoenix or the MER's, and allow yourself to have an open mind you may start to realize that what I am saying could well be fact and not a figment of the imagination.

Hi Arianna,

I know you don't like answering any of my questions, but I thought I would try to ask one more question here.

I was wondering if you would risk following your own words of wisdom, allowing your own mind to open up and potentially accept (or at least look at) the remote possibility that what you are interpreting in these pictures are not actually miniature civilizations, but rather just rocks and soils?

I know that it would be difficult to see anything other than miniature civilizations for you, but if you were to open up your imagination and just wildly speculate outside of the box, what those images could be other than civilizations? What would you think they could be alternatively other than miniature civilizations?

Thanks Arianna in advance for taking the time to answer...

Thank you for your interest and your questions. Yes, it is hard to spot the tiny civilization evidence in some of the images but when you know what to look for it becomes a lot easier. The tiny structures could well be mistaken for small rocks or lumps of soil but when the solid shapes are examined very closely small rectilinear shapes can be observed.

When I first started to examine the images from Mars I approached the subject with a completely open mind. it was the study of images captured by the Phoenix mission that prompted more interest. A close examination of some of these images revealed that there were a vast number of tiny structures on the surface.

At the time, I wrote to the principle investigator of the Phoenix mission, Peter Smith, explaining what I had found in the images. I explained to him I believed the reason why the excavated samples were lumpy in nature was because the scoop had collected surface material that was not only soil but included tiny structures and very tiny beings.

This find prompted me to investigate the detail in the images being returned from the rovers. What I found in these images confirmed that what I had found at the Phoenix site was now beyond coincidence and gave rise to some further in-depth research.

I think I will have to start a new thread about Mars and include some of the unusual rocks and objects that I have researched as this thread is about Copernicus and not Mars.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

The tiny structures could well be mistaken for small rocks or lumps of soil but when the solid shapes are examined very closely small rectilinear shapes can be observed.

Oh? And it's not just pixels?

I mean.....do that with an electronic image of some Earth soil, please. If you also examine them "very closely", determine if you will see "small rectilinear shapes" there, too.

But, they must be electronic images......on your computer monitor.....not real photographs made from film negatives and printed on photographic paper. Of course, look at real photos, if you examine them closely enough, you will see the "grains" that comprise the chemical processes that make photos and film possible......

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by arianna

They could be termed tiny 'sand people'

Shades of Star Wars....Sand people. So these are the forefathers of the giant structure builders on the Moon?
What are they called, the crater people?

So in effect we are killing trillions of microbial alien builders and the Curiosity lander will kill trillions more when it lands and begins exploring and zapping rocks with its laser.

What is that called Maricide? The killing of Micro-Martian sand people for Earth based science. What a planetary holocaust on an epic scale. We must alert NASA and the world court in the Netherlands to this mass extinction event.

Oh, the humanity of it all.

Now back on topic what does sand people have to do with Copernicus crater?

NASA already know what's on Mars and have known for some time.

I really hope that Curiosity finds evidence of tiny-sized civilizations. If it does it will be probably be covered up.

You are correct, the subject of the tiny people on Mars has nothing to do with what there is in Copernicus crater.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

The tiny rectilinear shapes I have observed are comprised of many pixels.

Yes, I know about grain in a negative which cannot really be compared to pixels in a digital image.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Thank you for your interest and your questions. Yes, it is hard to spot the tiny civilization evidence in some of the images but when you know what to look for it becomes a lot easier. The tiny structures could well be mistaken for small rocks or lumps of soil but when the solid shapes are examined very closely small rectilinear shapes can be observed.

When I first started to examine the images from Mars I approached the subject with a completely open mind. it was the study of images captured by the Phoenix mission that prompted more interest. A close examination of some of these images revealed that there were a vast number of tiny structures on the surface.

At the time, I wrote to the principle investigator of the Phoenix mission, Peter Smith, explaining what I had found in the images. I explained to him I believed the reason why the excavated samples were lumpy in nature was because the scoop had collected surface material that was not only soil but included tiny structures and very tiny beings.

This find prompted me to investigate the detail in the images being returned from the rovers. What I found in these images confirmed that what I had found at the Phoenix site was now beyond coincidence and gave rise to some further in-depth research.

I think I will have to start a new thread about Mars and include some of the unusual rocks and objects that I have researched as this thread is about Copernicus and not Mars.

Question 1 posted by IronDogg

Question 2 posted by IronDogg

What would you think they could be alternatively other than miniature civilizations?

I am going to suggest that these questions were not really answered but avoided. I am going to attempt to rephrase the questions and add my own unanswered questions.

Is it possible that you are misinterpreting rocks and soil for tiny sand people structures?
(yes or no)

What are the alternative explanations that you can think of to account for what you see?
(possible answers are "there are no alternative explanations" or "these are the other posibilities, possibility A, possibilty B....")

You have stated that this is not in any way related to pareidolia or any other psychological process. What is the difference that can be observed between pareidolia and what you see?

I think that these are fair and straight forward questions and can be answered in a fair and straight forward manner. What is the reasoning for disregarding these questions?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I would LOVE to read his response.

Could you post it please?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Yes, it is hard to spot the tiny civilization evidence in some of the images but when you know what to look for it becomes a lot easier. The tiny structures could well be mistaken for small rocks or lumps of soil but when the solid shapes are examined very closely small rectilinear shapes can be observed.

You have mentioned many times in this thread that you "know what to look for".

What training do you have to look for extra-terrestrial civilizations?

Where did you train for that? On your own?

Do you have anything peer reviewed besides ATS?

You seem completely convinced you are correct. What do you base this on?
Your own observations and own affirmations?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

I have a copy

response ends.

edit on 13-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm not even going out on a limb here, I say this whole thread has been a farce. The OP has not shown one piece of reasonable explanation to the claim of structures anywhere in our solar system. Instead we have been shown images manipulated to to a blurry mess with blurry logic and lots of circles and ellipses that were clearer then the images they were transposed on.

Claims of scientific studies and association with serious science is only backed up by more claims with no documentation nor reference material and the claims are now becoming ridiculous with personal accounts of miniature civilization observations and Earth moving machines in a vacuum with no atmosphere, doing mechanical operations in a hostile environment while belching smoke.

Giant antenna's and water towers that experts call boulder trails with the boulders in many images are disputed by this new science of discovery by image manipulation and no Nobel prize has been awarded for this awesome new science.

This whole thread is a slap in the face of scientist, image experts, planetary science, amateur astronomers, NASA, astronauts, etc., etc., not to mention those with common sense.

I think the only people really getting something informative out of this thread work in the mental health field and are writing a book as we type responses. This has been the longest running joke I've ever been semi involved with at ATS in my opinion.
edit on 13-1-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

I'm not even going out on a limb here, I say this whole thread has been a farce.

I have to admit that I have waivered back and forth on thinking that in this thread.

For most if not all of the reasons you have mentioned above.

It's like maybe she didn't think the joke would go this far, and now she doesn't know how to back out or put an end to it.

But it can't be denied, if it is an attempt to pull one over, she has sure stuck to it.

Hate to say it though, if you look back over her other threads, it seems like she is earnest here.

Misguided (in my opinion) but earnest.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by draknoir2

I have a copy

response ends.

That's interesting!

I would like to read it as well considering it could have only been an email reply from peter Smith.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I'm not even going out on a limb here, I say this whole thread has been a farce. The OP has not shown one piece of reasonable explanation to the claim of structures anywhere in our solar system. Instead we have been shown images manipulated to to a blurry mess with blurry logic and lots of circles and ellipses that were clearer then the images they were transposed on.

Claims of scientific studies and association with serious science is only backed up by more claims with no documentation nor reference material and the claims are now becoming ridiculous with personal accounts of miniature civilization observations and Earth moving machines in a vacuum with no atmosphere, doing mechanical operations in a hostile environment while belching smoke.

Giant antenna's and water towers that experts call boulder trails with the boulders in many images are disputed by this new science of discovery by image manipulation and no Nobel prize has been awarded for this awesome new science.

This whole thread is a slap in the face of scientist, image experts, planetary science, amateur astronomers, NASA, astronauts, etc., etc., not to mention those with common sense.

I think the only people really getting something informative out of this thread work in the mental health field and are writing a book as we type responses. This has been the longest running joke I've ever been semi involved with at ATS in my opinion.
edit on 13-1-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

There is no farce here. Everything is genuine. I have been accused of being delusional and misguided and subject to a degree of ridicule. Unfortunately, I do not have time to answer all the questions that have been asked in the thread as I have other commitments. I am not like some who sit in front of a computer screen for most of the day.

What I have attempted to show using the images I have posted is that there IS something going on in Copernicus crater. The floor of the crater is littered with many structures although these are hard to distiguish using the images available. They are not clear and the edge definition leaves a lot to be desired. The drifting off onto the subject of martian tiny people was only introduced as there are similarities between the artwork found on Mars and the artwork found in the lunar images. Mars is a vast subject on its own and I should not have included it here. I did so as I am sure there could well be a link between Mars and the Moon. I also believe there is a definite link between the ancient mature peoples of Mars and the ancients on this planet, but that's another story.

What I have provided in this thread was to provoke some thought not to convert anyone into believing what I have researched and found. Although some find it hard to accept that I may be possibly correct it was hoped that others may have some similar image data that they may have wished to contribute but nothing was forthcoming so I have to assume that no one else is looking for structures in Copernicus crater.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Thanks for you honest reply but I don't think it was "some" that found your theory hard to accept, I'd have to say it was many. And I don't think its not that anyone else is not looking for structures, its just that there is nothing in the older images to suggest anything other than natural formations. A conspiracy website would be all over it with speculation about a cover up and promoting it to the rest of the world on various websites if that was the case.

To me this theory of structures in Copernicus crater started out alright but then evolved into something more than old images and speculation. When the story telling of the different civilizations on Mars and the Moon to include Biblical accounts of a great flood and the Ark related to Earth from these off world civilizations, then it started getting weird. There is nothing in any image that I've seen to back up the claims of civilizations in our solar system not to mention the environmental aspect of those worlds and age compared to Earth to support another species. From Moon rocks returned it is estimated the Earth and Moon evolved roughly at the same time to include Mars from meteor samples.

So why did they advance millions and millions of years quicker than life on Earth?

Besides soil samples and slabs of rocks that you claim are teeming with tiny civilizations, where are the artifacts of this advanced civilization besides your blurred images manipulated to suggest anything your mind will make of it. It has been said that most of the Moon has been undisturbed for millions of years except for occasional strikes from small heavenly bodies that litter the landscape, so where is this advanced culture's remains? You show us rocks and boulder trails as proof on the Moon.

Rocks and soil on Mars. Doesn't sound so very advanced to me. What did they do with the Ark? Was it also made of rock and soil?

I really hope you find others that believe in your work and presents better documentation and images but for the time being to me its just not there.
edit on 14-1-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join