It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This thread started out with a little promise and I thought it might develop but it has turned into an absurdity that even drove off the one or two supporters of these unusal claims.Now we are suppose to believe that there are Micro-Martian civilizations that build structures, artworks, and face shaped houses that are living on a slab of rock in the Southern Martian hemisphere near the Opportunity rover in a cold, dry, barren desert.

Worse yet, we are suppose to believe the same type of Mico-Martian civilization of mini-me's live in the Martian soil under the now dead Phoenix lander that could not survive its first Martian winter on the Northern arctic plain.

Phoenix's demise is shown here at its NASA home site.
Source: phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu...

Some facts on Martian surface conditions:

Martian polar winter:

The polar region is in constant darkness during the Martian winter and the Martian surface temperatures range widely from 140 K (-133 C, -207 F) at the winter pole.

Source: phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu...

Temperature and weather recorded at the arctic plains landing site:

Snow was observed to fall from cirrus clouds. The clouds formed at a level in the atmosphere that was around -65 degrees C, so the clouds would have to be composed of water-ice, rather than carbon dioxide-ice (dry ice) because the temperature for forming carbon dioxide ice is much lower—less than -120 degrees C. As a result of the mission, it is now believed that water ice (snow) would have accumulated later in the year at this location. This represents a milestone in understanding Martian weather. Wind speeds ranged from 11 km to 58 km per hour. The usual average speed was 36 km per hour. These speeds sound high, but the atmosphere of Mars is very thin—less than 1 % of the Earth's—and so did not exert much force on the spacecraft. The highest temperature measured during the mission was -19.6°C, while the coldest was -97.7°C.

The soil and landscape:

Experiments performed by the Lander showed that the Martian soil has a basic pH of 8.3, and may contain traces of the salt perchlorate

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Also, unlike other places visited on Mars, the site has no ripples or dunes. Ice is present a few inches below the surface in the middle of the polygons, and along its edges, the ice is at least 8 inches deep. When the ice is exposed to the Martian atmosphere it slowly sublimates. Some dust devils were observed.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Radiation:

Over the course of about 18 months, Mars Odyssey detected ongoing radiation levels which are 2.5 times higher than the astronauts experience on the International Space Station – 22 millirad per day. The spacecraft also detected 2 solar proton events, where radiation levels peaked about 2,000 millirads in a day, and a few other events that got up to about 100 millirads.
source: www.universetoday.com...

So we are to believe that Micro-Martian civilizations lived and built on every square cm or in. of Martian soil and on every Martian rock as insinuated by the OP and from the different location of these images provided. This is a very cold environment with ice 8 " deep under the surface on the Northern plains, high winds (but low pressure), radiation, salty soil, and no signs of a food source nor heat for the Micro-Martians with total darkness during winter. They must be hardy Micro-men.

When the twin Rovers set down on the Martian surface on opposite sides of the planet's Southern hemisphere and began research, exploration, and imaging, problems began shortly for one of the rovers. A wheel had locked from lack of lubrication and had to be dragged across the Martian desert. If the Op's claim is correct, then how many Micro-Martians and structures did the rovers crush, flatten, and smash into oblivion just in their travels and one dragging a lame foot?

It must be in the trillions. You could hear them scream all the way to Earth.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Don't be silly. You know that sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. The survivors are now hard at work building statues in memory of the dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409

When the twin Rovers set down on the Martian surface on opposite sides of the planet's Southern hemisphere and began research, exploration, and imaging, problems began shortly for one of the rovers. A wheel had locked from lack of lubrication and had to be dragged across the Martian desert. If the Op's claim is correct, then how many Micro-Martians and structures did the rovers crush, flatten, and smash into oblivion just in their travels and one dragging a lame foot?

Your'e quite right. It is unfortunate but this thread could have developed into something really exceptional if only the "doubters" had given it a chance. I appreciate that the image purists do not like people enhancing images but this is the only way to find out what is contained in an image that cannot normally be seen. If there was another method that would have revealed the 'hidden' content without destroying of some of the data I would have used it. But no one came up with an alternative method so the method I used was the only way of revealing the truth of what the original image did not show.

There is something else that should be cleared up before some people get the wrong idea. The beings of the civilizations on Mars are micro-sized whereas the beings on the Moon would appear to be more mature. The lunar people are probably shorter than humans and I believe their appearance is similar to humans which is reflected in their vast number of artistic representations.

The scientific communities have led us to believe there is no atmosphere surrounding the Moon. If that is truly the case, then how did all the structures get built which can be plainly seen in the enhanced lunar images? No one, including the scientists I contacted, seems to have an answer to this question. The only answer they have is that what appears to us as structures are rocks which is really no answer at all and most unhelpful. Only one scientist I contacted said he was prepared to investigate what the enhanced images have revealed and he is not connected in any way with NASA or JPL, so I look forward to his comments should he wish to make any.

With reference to the number of tiny martians that have been squashed or killed by the rovers we should look at the situation of a huge rover nearly one-mile high trudling over the surface of the earth. How would we humans feel about the situation and say, having to cope with two of them and another much larger one on the way? Should the tiny people on Mars be protected? I think they should but that is only my opinion.
edit on 8-1-2012 by arianna because: text

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

It looks like clay-like soil to me, and everything looks made from that material.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Can you not SEE you are not revealing data!!!! its your process that causes what you think you see, that's what everyone has been trying since the start of this thread and your others to show it's all false!

edit on 8-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
I appreciate that the image purists do not like people enhancing images but this is the only way to find out what is contained in an image that cannot normally be seen.
I will say it again, maybe I'm lucky this time.

The problem is not enhancing, is the fact that you use the enhanced data along with the data was "un-enhanced" by the process.

See it this way: it's the same thing as removing all dark rocks from a 1 square metre area. The end result will show a brighter area, but you cannot know how it would be if it had the darker rocks, unless you look at that area as it originally was.

When you change the contrast you make the brighter areas more "understandable", but you make the darker areas turn into black blobs.

If there was another method that would have revealed the 'hidden' content without destroying of some of the data I would have used it. But no one came up with an alternative method so the method I used was the only way of revealing the truth of what the original image did not show.
There's another method, as I said in one of your threads; adjust some images so the brighter areas are more visible, adjust some images so the darker areas are more visible, then use Photoshop (apparently you have Photoshop, right?) to make a HDR image by combining all those images. The more images you use with subtler changes in brightness the better the end result would be.

The scientific communities have led us to believe there is no atmosphere surrounding the Moon.
That's visible in all the photos we see of the Moon that show the horizon, there's no visible atmosphere like the one we see around the Earth or Mars.

If that is truly the case, then how did all the structures get built which can be plainly seen in the enhanced lunar images?
As I said before, how do you know that the statues (if real) were made on the spot or made in another place, in optimal conditions, and then moved there? And why couldn't they have been made by creatures using the equivalent of the space suits used by the astronauts?

No one, including the scientists I contacted, seems to have an answer to this question. The only answer they have is that what appears to us as structures are rocks which is really no answer at all and most unhelpful.
You may not like it, but it may be the real answer.

Only one scientist I contacted said he was prepared to investigate what the enhanced images have revealed and he is not connected in any way with NASA or JPL, so I look forward to his comments should he wish to make any.
Is it possible that you tell us what's the field in which this scientist works? Thanks in advance.

With reference to the number of tiny martians that have been squashed or killed by the rovers we should look at the situation of a huge rover nearly one-mile high trudling over the surface of the earth.
Have you seen any of those tiny Martians in the photos from the microscopic camera?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by arianna

Can you not SEE you are not revealing data!!!! its your process that causes what you think you see, that's what everyone has been trying since the start of this thread and your others to show it's all false!

But I am revealing data that cannot normally be seen in the original image. That's the whole point of the enhancement procedure. Nothing is false. The data was always there but the brain could not interpret the data until it was enhanced.

If you have Photobucket, try the following procedure with the image at the beginning of the thread. Increase the overall brightness by say +20 or +30, then use 'burn' tool set to shadow. Select a reasonable size tool say 100 and intensity to 2 or 3 percent. Apply with circular motion in rows all across the image. You will then see detail start to appear that is not viewable in the original. You may have to adjust the brightness again after this procedure.

This procedure doesn't destroy data. All it does is make the dark areas darker but a certain amount of compensation can be applied by adjusting the brightness level. Why don't you give it a try. You may be surprised at the results.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by arianna

But I am revealing data that cannot normally be seen in the original image. That's the whole point of the enhancement procedure. Nothing is false. The data was always there but the brain could not interpret the data until it was enhanced.

If you have Photobucket, try the following procedure with the image at the beginning of the thread. Increase the overall brightness by say +20 or +30, then use 'burn' tool set to shadow. Select a reasonable size tool say 100 and intensity to 2 or 3 percent. Apply with circular motion in rows all across the image. You will then see detail start to appear that is not viewable in the original. You may have to adjust the brightness again after this procedure.

This procedure doesn't destroy data. All it does is make the dark areas darker but a certain amount of compensation can be applied by adjusting the brightness level. Why don't you give it a try. You may be surprised at the results.

Im sorry you are simply wrong on what you just said. As someone who uses photoshop daily, what you are doing is manipulating an image to produce a result that you want to see. You are not revealing a true image by playing with photoshop. You are not. You are doing what countless advertising agencies do to sell a product: manipulate a real legit image into a FAKE IMAGE. Just like all those faux girls on the covers of magazines, you are creating something in your mind. You are destroying an original image to create a new one until something is created that makes your mind see something that is in fact, non existent.

I can take ANY image and do what you are doing and find all kinds of imaginary things due to my manipulation.
edit on January 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

arianna, you didn't respond to my previous post (one page back) that contained this image:

Did you overlook it?

Now.....what would happen to that image, if you used the same techniques as were applied to the image from the Moon, and Copernicus crater?

Try it and see for yourself.

THIS time, knowing full well that it is a photo of soil on Earth....we all know that, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

You get a picture with a TON of alien faces!!!
or lots of alien skulls...

edit on January 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But I am revealing data that cannot normally be seen in the original image.
The data you are revealing can be seen in the original image, because if it couldn't then Photoshop wouldn't be able to distinguish between one shade of grey and the next (or previous) closest to it.

You may have not been able to see it before, but if your processing made it appear it means that it was already there.

Nothing is false. The data was always there but the brain could not interpret the data until it was enhanced.
What's false is the data that was destroyed in the process, and the process you use does really turn several shades of grey (the darker ones) into one, and that's how you get false data that cannot be recovered.

Why don't you give it a try.
I will.

edit on 8/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As I said on my previous post, I gave it a try, and this is what happened.

First, the image from the OP, copied to Photoshop. I used a free plugin to show the number of colours in an image.

As you can see, the original image has 254 shades of grey. Now, I changed the brightness to +20, with this result.

We lost 11 shades of grey that cannot truly be recovered. Now, when I use (just a little) of the burn tool, with the range set to "shadows", the size to "100" and the exposure to "3%", I get this:

How did you get those 13 shades of grey from? From the algorithm used by the burn tool, that decided that some shading was needed to avoid abrupt changes and created its own version of the image. This is the false data that is created by your process, and after destroying some of the original data.

PS: you can get that plugin from this page.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Um......I see "Lego" people......but that's just me.....I guess......

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Um......I see "Lego" people......but that's just me.....I guess......

Uh no! go get your eyes fixed! There are alien heads/skulls! Clearly you can see it!

:p

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes.......yesssss....yesssss......."I can see clearly now, the rain is gone....."

Uh no! go get your eyes fixed! There are alien heads/skulls! Clearly you can see it!

♫"....I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day....."♪

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by dcmb1409

Don't be silly. You know that sound doesn't travel in a vacuum. The survivors are now hard at work building statues in memory of the dead.

You're absolutely correct, of course. But I figured if the claims of all of the Chinese jumping off of chairs at the same time would change the rotation of the Earth then a trillion dying Micro-Martian voices would overcome a little old vacuum.

I will look for evidence of new memorials to the fallen.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I can take ANY image and do what you are doing and find all kinds of imaginary things due to my manipulation.

If you are a proficient user of Photoshop would you like to have a try at enhancing the original image I posted at the beginning of the thread to see if you can determine what is 'hidden' in the image. I would be interested to see the results.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

um i hope that if the ET's can travel from planet to planet that they don't live in rock piles? they have no need to hide from us... we are kids with matches to them... so ill say that what i see here is a barren bit of land if you want i can send in some pictures of nicer looking rocks tho lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by arianna

arianna, you didn't respond to my previous post (one page back) that contained this image:

Did you overlook it?

Now.....what would happen to that image, if you used the same techniques as were applied to the image from the Moon, and Copernicus crater?

Try it and see for yourself.

THIS time, knowing full well that it is a photo of soil on Earth....we all know that, right?

Yes, I know the image was captured on this planet.

Taking the image at face value all I see is rocks, soil and grass - nothing else.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, I'm pleased to see that you have given it a try on the Copernicus image. What i was really hoping for was that Photoshop users would have a try at enhancing the image containing the so-called boulder trails. The image I enhanced shows the trails to be something else.

Did you use the 'burn' tool all over the image once or more than once?

Also, did you compensate for brightness losses after each procedure?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join