It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Crash in Kentucky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It looks like it was a meteor that was seen in the air and exploded www.youtube.com.../a/f/0/U5Q5eX632lg

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Tonight is the Geminid Meteor Shower in full bloom, midstates such as KY will be able to gander if they have the right equipment; but it will hardly create a boom to shake houses and fireballs that were mention...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Maybe it was a drone exploding and crashing.

One of my facebook friends from Hazard posted about this Sunday. Since he posted a link to the Hazard Herald, with a story, that original story now links to an UPDATED page of the story. I will highlight the interesting quote I found, it was in the original story sunday, I remember it.

hazard-herald.com... d

Her neighbors said that the flames appeared to be above the mountain. After the explosion, lines appeared in the sky that some believed to be the contrails from an airplane.

“In the sky you could see like crisscrossed, like something had collided up there,” she said.

Read more: Hazard Herald (KY) - BREAKING Authorities looking into reported crash landing near Hazard /ex]

“My husband has worked in dynamite and he has worked in coal mines all of his life,” said Mullins. “He said if it was in the mine and had done that, it would be just pure black smoke, still right now if that was an explosion

Read more: Hazard Herald (KY) - BREAKING Authorities looking into reported crash landing near Hazard

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
We can only hope the explosion heard was a chemtrail plane carrying All the chemtrail pilots and their children and families and all the politicians that are turning a blind eye to this genecide.. WOULDNT THAT BE FAB ?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So what is the good word? This has gotten my interest. Anyone from that area hear any new news?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is a pretty interesting story. Usually I only post in the pure conspiracy threads, but this caught my attention for some reason.

I think what's truly frightening about all of this is that they do not know what the hell is going on, and still; no planes have been reported missing. You have several key witnesses talking about an explosion in the sky, a fire on the mountains, and meanwhile the feds are still looking through mines to see if that is the cause.

I dunno, it just seems like something doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It was a chemtrail plane exploding. (One can only hope) And since according to the faa and govt they dont exist. So of course they are going to tell you it was a mine exploding even though EVERY EYE WITNESS SAID THEY SAW FIREBALLS IN THE SKY. no such thing as elenin, planet x and all that other bullcrap. All that is a distraction from the real problem and biggest problem in the history of mankind and that is the chemtrail program. EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE NEWS IS JUST A DISTRACTION !!!!! Chemtrails (weird signs in the sky) birds and fish dying, earthquakes in diverse places, wars and rumors of wars, it is all what the bibles of every religion spoke of . These are the end times. And it all stems from the corrupt united states. We are given a choice in 2012 to decide. If we elect Ron Paul the entire world becomes a better place. If we do not the new world order comes full circle and the 7 year tribulation begins. Jesus was a human who travelled back in time to warn humanity of the coming troubles if they do not choose wisely. Unfortunately he went too far back he meant to go to just before 2001 (false flag on america) but instead went to near 0 or before. That is why he was able to perform miracles such as healing and such because he came from the future and had advanced knowledge (compared to the people of that era). That is why he also knows we do not choose wisely and all these things must come to pass. All the problems in the world stem from the private banking families that control the worlds money supply. IE the federal reserve, the imf, the world bank, ALL ARE PRIVATELY OWNED BY PRIVATE FAMILIES AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOVTS, THATS IS WHY IT ALSO SAYS MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. because all the problems stem from these corrupt banking families. Just a theory.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Some pretty interesting posts on the local forum including reports of military involvement.
www.topix.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that link, it was definitely a plane crash of some type. That solves this mystery!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I see Von helton's name all over this

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This sounds like a meteor that may have exploded. Sort of like the Tunguska Meteor impact of course that was more like a few hundred hydrogen bombs going off. Interesting

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I will call some people I know in the area and see if i can find something out. As a mining engineer who works mostly in the coal industry, I can tell you that it would be very strange for an abandoned mine to spontaneously explode without some sort of ingnition. I am just trying to figure out what could have ignited this fiery explosion.

The most logical reason would be that some coal seams can ignite and burn for decades until their fuel source is exhausted and there are some of these in the area; however, for an explosion like this, a burning seam would have had to hit a major source of power not previously present. The only thing I can think of is that there was a possible roof fall or collapsed seal that allowed fire to access a major source of built up methane that had previously been sealed off from the other areas of the abandoned mine causing a fiery detonation. Abandoned mines are notorious for high levels of methane, so this is very possible, but not common, or likely. Most mine explosions are not fiery and are due to pressure build up of water after many years/decades. Also, it woud not take very long (definitely not nearly 18 hours) to diagnose this problem as a mine explosion, something does seem to be up.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I would have to go with

A) Meth lab

B) moonshine still

C) A bunch of drunk rednecks with homemade fireworks.

ETA: C would have been my friends and I.

Oops!!

I have to agree with you there.

Hard economic times brings amateurs into the Moonshining and Meth business and it wouldn't be unusual for one of them to blow themselves up.

After that I would suspect Meteriorite...which are worth big bucks BTW...any locals should be out there with metal detectors

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Woah awsome this would be the third to crash in that area.guess its a real ufo hotspot i have some peoppe who can go out there and check it out ill make a thread if they find anything

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very likely a meteoroid and the "explosion" was that it traveled faster than sound, super-sonic boom.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Anything else coming from the area? Those of you that are near the area should do some investigating if you can. Do you see only state police and local police or are there any military involved?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is beginning to sound like this was a plane
crash. Fire on the mountain, collision in the
air. Perhaps a plane took off that they don't
know about. They need to get to the top
of the mountain and investigate.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Interesting topic OP, I'm only about a quarter through the thread but I offer a S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is a link someone sent me that is a live radio feed from the local state police in case someone is interested. The link works but I have yet to hear anything.

State Police Radio Feed

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lofton
Here is a link someone sent me that is a live radio feed from the local state police in case someone is interested. The link works but I have yet to hear anything.

State Police Radio Feed

I have it on but nothing yet thus far, just a low HUM sound. I would imagine if it IS anything important they certainly won't be using a channel everyone can listen in on, that is just common practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join