It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Crash in Kentucky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is a short audio report from a local radio station. It gives the officials explanation thus far.

wsgs

-Alien

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry I can't resist, all in fun mind you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by astrocreep

Maybe it was a meteorite? That sounds like it would match the description of a fireball falling to earth and creating a big explosion on impact.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The answer is obvious. It was "Benevolents" using hot air from David Wilcock's BS to blast Deep Underground Bases. Clearly.

Or perhaps the Dwarves of Kentucky Delved Too Deep?
edit on 13-12-2011 by errihu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I tried to call the emergency line and the answer machine answers and the woman states that they are closed....at 1:05PM on a Tuesday? Not only that, this is the "emergency line".

Emergency Contact If the problem you are reporting is an emergency situation where life or property is in danger, call 1-877-495-9552.
Regional Offices

I also tried to call the central office (office hours 8AM - 4:30PM (502-564-2141) they are "closed" on a Tuesday at 1:08PM how convenient.

I also called.......
Madisonville Office 270-824-7534 or 824-7535 at 1:13PM////////

Counties: Breckinridge, Butler, Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Grayson, Hancock, Hart, Henderson, Hopkins, Logan, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Todd, Union, Webster

ring...ring..ring...ring..ring....ring....about 20 times....... then busy signal (both numbers)

Prestonsburg Office 606-889-1741 or 606-889-1742///////

Counties: Boyd, Carter, Elliot, Floyd, Greenup, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Morgan, Pike

Answering machine, "office hours 8AM - 4:30PM Mon - Fri" (today is Tuesday 12/13/11 1:22PM).....called again twice more....no answer.

London Office: 606-330-2085/////// Answering machine stated office hours to be "8AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday"

Counties: Bell, Breathitt, Clay, Clinton, Estill, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, McCreary, Owsley, Perry, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Wayne, Whitley, Wolfe

No answer. I just called it is now 1:27PM.....just called three more times its 1:33PM...no answer..

What the hell is going on???

-Alien
edit on 12/13/2011 by Alien Abduct because: added a link for the source for the "emergency office number"

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is really odd. The fact that the search was called off after only 5 hours the first night is weird, given that they maintained that they didn't know what it was and that there were apparently several eyewitness reports of a "plane crash". Then, there have also been stories both confirming and denying that it was a mine explosion, though I am still not sure how a mine explosion accounts for people seeing "fireballs" in the sky moving toward the ground leading witnesses to describe what they saw as a plane crash. It is also interesting that it was powerful enough to "shake houses". The relative lack of media coverage (even local) since yesterday afternoon adds to the mystery.

I assume that the official story is going to be "mine explosion". Though I would love to hear a roundup of eye witness accounts, so far I haven't found one televised or printed interview with an actual witness.

EDIT to add: I just went to the Lexington News station "LEX18" website, I found two write-ups on this story:

LEX18 Explosion Reported
LEX18 - Mine Fire Likely Cause

And I also found a couple other stories at WKYT "Mountain News":

5am Update: Crews are still trying to figure out what happened, following reports of explosions and fireball sightings in several areas.

Investigation continues

There is an intense search underway in Perry County, where emergency responders are looking for the scene of an explosion. The search is taking place in and around the Lothair area of Hazard. People reported hearing or feeling the explosion just before 10:00 Sunday night.

A helicopter was brought in to help with the search. We're told it spotted charred trees, smoke and flames but had to turn back after running low on fuel.

Crews search scene

Now officials with the Division of Abandoned Mine Lands are saying there is no evidence at the mine that would support an explosion.

No Explanation

A couple of interesting observations, the LEX18 original story ("Explosion Reported" link above) was released at 9:50 and said the explosion occured "just before 9". The WYKT original story was out at 11:01 the night of the incident, and didn't include a time of the incident, but later reported it occurred "just before 10:00", which is included in one of the quotes above.

It is also quite odd that the helicopter "ran out of gas" since it wasn't like they had to search some massive area, when they went up they would have had a 10 square mile area MAX to search and if there was fire, at night, it shouldn't have taken long at all for them to home in on it. I make the statement that the search area would be small based upon the locations of explosion reports and locations of fireball sightings, I assume the pilot would have had location info upon take-off.

And again, both stations have some statement that basically says there were several reports of fireballs and explosions but no one interviewed an actual witness. The one interview I saw was with the UFO lady who said a friend saw the fireball. Upon looking at some less than dependable message boards and comment threads it seems like there were many witnesses who specifically saw two distinct smoke trails in the sky which led many to believe that it was an in-air collision. But again, this is hear-say from random commenters and random websites, so very unsubstantiated. But interesting nonetheless....
edit on 13-12-2011 by UdonNiedtuno because: add links and off-site content

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

State offices are closed today for the governor's inauguration. Probably why you can't reach anyone, even though someone should be there for the emergency line.

"FRANKFORT, Ky.– Visitors who want to take in all the sights and sounds of Kentucky’s 59th Governor’s Inauguration on Dec. 13 can do so by taking advantage of free public parking venues and shuttle service. The Inaugural Committee today also announced street closures and the Inauguration Parade route in an effort to answer questions about traffic concerns during the celebration.

Linky

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lofton
reply to post by Alien Abduct

State offices are closed today for the governor's inauguration. Probably why you can't reach anyone, even though someone should be there for the emergency line.

"FRANKFORT, Ky.– Visitors who want to take in all the sights and sounds of Kentucky’s 59th Governor’s Inauguration on Dec. 13 can do so by taking advantage of free public parking venues and shuttle service. The Inaugural Committee today also announced street closures and the Inauguration Parade route in an effort to answer questions about traffic concerns during the celebration.

Linky

Well then if this is the case that would be a very selfish, foolish thing to do.
Have it not named "emergency" then.
Makes me wonder if hospitals and police stations are closed as well. -_-
edit on 13-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Possibly a new "Roswell" type incident?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Any recent updates?

There's been so much confusion. I'm only a few hours away from the area, if it was closer to the weekend I'd actually consider taking a road trip (I know, a road trip to KY, but I really need to get away from this rotten place for a bit) down there to see what the locals were clammoring about, and do some "exploratory hiking."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Fighter plane crashes into cloaked mother ship sounds more like what we here on ATS want to hear......so I said it

Either that or a terminator from the future has arrived.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Watched him on a Documentary the other day. For some reason it always gets to me when he presents those figurines of Flying Fish as proof of airplanes, even though he knows they are Flying Fish. To many frauds in this topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by astrocreep

I'm a resident of Madison county, we're not too far from Perry, a couple counties to the south east of here. and I didn't hear anything but I saw a flash of light come from that general direction over the horizon.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Someone posted on that topix, government aircraft or observation platform. Then was told to stop asking questions, and it was a mine fire.

Hearsay, take it with a grain of whatever your favorite avenue of sodium is.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So called reports where the source cannot be found generally mean the same thing. There never was a source, just rumors. All it takes is one excitable person to start the ball rolling and in a day or two there will be dozens of versions of the original with people swearing they are all true.

Johns freinds, brothers, girlfriends, sisters, uncle on her mothers side, heard it from his fathers neighbor who got it straight from a guy at the gas station who knows the third cousin of the original source.

Could be lots of things.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Does anybody knows WHERE is the Russian "lost" satellite Phobos-Grunt??? Just asking...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Your wasting your time. The true believers have already decided that their life is so dull and meaningless that they must find conspiracy in everything, therefore a NON-EVENT such as this gets posted in the Aliens and UFO section. What a laughable joke.

And people wonder why this subject can't be taken seriously, it's because of the legions of useful idiots involved with it, that's why.

And to the person that called all the numbers and is trying to tie that into some stupid conspiracy.....seriously? You called the wrong numbers dude. You called an empty office. The phone line is unmanned. They always are. Call the direct line to the companies and you will get a live person that is ANXIOUS and EAGER to IMMEDIATELY direct your call to someone very important. But why are those lines unmanned in the first place you ask? I could tell you the details, but I'm betting your ignorance level would not allow you to understand, and the reasonable explanation I give you would end up twisted into part of your delusional and ignorant conspiracy fantasies.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I would have to go with

A) Meth lab

B) moonshine still

C) A bunch of drunk rednecks with homemade fireworks.

ETA: C would have been my friends and I.

Oops!!

I got'a go with Kdog, or maybe an m80 and kids

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Watched him on a Documentary the other day. For some reason it always gets to me when he presents those figurines of Flying Fish as proof of airplanes, even though he knows they are Flying Fish. To many frauds in this topic.

He should stop using those eye goggles, "I don't know, therefore tanning beds are safe".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join