It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to let the US-Mexico border wide open

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen. (we need a face palm smiley here)

"I think it's actually going to end up making security better," CBP spokesman William Brooks said.

You know, since there basically no boarder with mexico any more, why don'y they just make it our 51st state? I mean obama aready thinks we have 57 or was it 58 states.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

When are Obama supporters stop giving him a pass on his blatant failures and broken promises and continue to blame prior Presidents or other events? The gent is a big boy. Its his job and it is immaterial what was done in the past. Its his problem and he needs to correct it. At minimum he needs to take decisive action. This is a problem that could be solved in a month with political will and the fact that prior presidents did not have the will does not negate Obama's responsibility to do his job, which is to protect the borders.

There is a thing you generally call someone who deflects their failures or lack of action on others - a weakling who is irresponsible, incapable or incompetent to handle the requirements of his job. He was hired to be the President and the overwhelming majority of the country want the border secured. He stated that he would secure the border and in fact made hay of his increase of "feet on the ground" on the border. Now, in a naked attempt to secure the Hispanic vote, he is reversing course.

Go to any place of business. Ask a manager at any level what they do with someone who fails to act and blames the poor state of affairs on the gent who had the job previously and they will tell you that they fire such people.

This gent has taken absolutely no accountability for anything he has done since taking office. Absolutely nothing.

The state of the economy three years in is not his fault.

The unemployment rates are not his fault

The failure of the stimulus is not his fault

Continued failures in regulatory oversight of the financial system, aka MF Global are not his fault

The misconduct of his Justice Department is not his fault

The corrupt practices of his green energy "investments" are not his fault

The failure to secure reasonable outcomes in the Middle East after engaging in what were illegal wars is not his fault

The inability to secure a budget deal is not his fault

The inability to deal with the deficit is not his fault.

Most folks call folks who blame others for everything a baby.

I don't know what Obama's folks call them, but if they are raising their kids by the same standard, they are not welcome in my house.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well, given My views on prohibition, and countries dividing Us that We may be conquered... I am not sure I can care...as long as We get electrogravitics out of black ops and free Humanity.

If We must struggle in the status quo... I guess We should be afraid.... I guess.

(For more on electrogravitics, please visit My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azekual

Honestly, this is a genius idea. It's in a small border town, so there won't be much traffic. It's unmanned and is the "path of least resistance" for immigrants who would usually just sneak over the border.
By opening up a seemingly "less secure" location, every immigrant who wants to come over can and we will have a record of it. It will encourage legal immigration. As for the violence, it's probably not designed to stop it, however, I suspect a back ground check is done on the spot (they are scanning their documents) and anyone with a criminal record will be tracked by satellite or something like that.

they could do that by ending the failing war on cannabis. i did some research and came to find 90% of the war on drugs can be attributed to that plant. talk about everything being backwards in Washington.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow...this national debate is exhausting.

As long as there is DEMAND people from Mexico will come here for jobs and ship drugs here for users.

It is impossible to stop the flow as long as the economic drivers are in place. Someone will always find a way.

The cartels use submarines, ligth aircraft, even rumors of drones now...to get drugs across the border.

If there are so many unemployed Americans, why haven't we gobbled up all the below minimum wage jobs that the illegals come here to do? And if we don't want those jobs, then who the hell cares if they do and do it happilly?

The idea of sealing the borders is NOT realistic....both economically or logistically. We could spend 100 Trillion dollars and the tide would simply find a new route. Anyone up for a naval blockaide? Building a fence with Canada? A ground based star wars defense system to shoot down low flying aircraft?

Seriously...C'Mon....it is in the mouths of Newscasters and Politicians because it fires people up and appeals to fear.

Go after criminals where you can find them, decrease demand for illegal employees and drugs however we are able...and then move onto real issues.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Now they know that it is impossible for a terrorist network to haul stuff across in this region.

"the stuff" is already here, they don't need to bring their own.
we have amples amounts, ready for their disposal.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
If there are so many unemployed Americans, why haven't we gobbled up all the below minimum wage jobs that the illegals come here to do? And if we don't want those jobs, then who the hell cares if they do and do it happilly?

Go after criminals where you can find them, decrease demand for illegal employees and drugs however we are able...and then move onto real issues.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Why havn't we gobbled up all the below minumum wage jobs the illegals come here to do? We have laws so that we have a minumum wage. Why should anyone be taken advantage of and work for less? There are many people who would do the jobs that illegals are doing, as they have infiltrated many areas in the workforce. If there are jobs that citizens refuse to do, it does NOT take millions of illegals to do those jobs.

When ICE deports thousands of illegals, thousands of our American citizens quickly and easily fill those positions.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

When ICE deports thousands of illegals, thousands of our American citizens quickly and easily fill those positions.

How about reality?

After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia.

It might be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars’ worth of blueberries, onions, melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields. It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they’ve done to Georgia’s largest industry.

According to survey of 230 Georgia farmers conducted by Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black, farmers expect to need more than 11,000 workers at some point over the rest of the season, a number that probably underestimates the real need, since not every farmer in the state responded to the survey.

According to the survey, more than 6,300 of the unclaimed jobs pay an hourly wage of just $7.25 to $8.99, or an average of roughly $8 an hour. Over a 40-hour work week in the South Georgia sun, that’s $320 a week, before taxes, although most workers probably put in considerably longer hours.

blogs.ajc.com...

Crush our local agriculture...but makes for good politics!!! Darn tooten!!!

Oh...and it's not just Farmers!! The law is making international Auto manufacturers rethink Georgia..

news.yahoo.com...

Here is a Georgian Blackberry farmer who watched his harvest rot.

news.yahoo.com...

Despite Economy, Americans Don't Want Farm Work
www.cbsnews.com...

Save the BS....

It is a demand issue and "Closing the border!!!" is nothing more than politicians appealling to anger and intolerance. You drill down on facts and reality and it is a different story.

Georgia's GOP is rapidly back-peddling as they realize they just kicked their farmers in the groin and delivered an economic blow to their state....al because they got carried away and briefly believed the propaganda that our economic crisis spurred by housing bubble was somehow the fault of Jose who picks your lettuce.

Just insanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The people who are here illegally are criminals, hence the term illegal.

The canard about people not doing the jobs is nonsense on two levels. First, in many cases people would do the jobs - there was a case only a few weeks ago at a Spagetti Factory in Phoenix where they arrested a bunch of illegals working in the kitchen and while they were putting them in the vans a citizen with experience was walking out of the place, having just being denied a job. How many jobs would be taken were they open but are not because they are filled with illegals?

Second, were the illegals to be removed, the wages would level out to an acceptable level. You would have no more downward pressure on wages due to the removal of the illegal labor.

This is only going to get worse. When Obama care comes on line and small businesses get hammered with being forced to supply health insurance, the US worker will be further disadvantaged by the presence of illegals.

The illegals should be rounded up and sent back to Mexico. With compassion, with dignity, but sent home.

As far as the drugs being a problem. Drugs should be legalized. Were that to happen, that problem would also be reduced as the supply would be generated here. "that won't work"? of course it will. It works with tobacco and could work for other substances as well.
edit on 12-12-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Spaghetti production??? Well you got me there. Once we deport all the illegals involved in spaghetti production those jobs will be back-filled by eager Americans!

What about the US Agriculture industry and the recent failed experiment in Georgia with their crackdown?

Sure we can raise wages until Americans choose to do those jobs, but then american grown produce prices rocket and Americans end up buying their veggies from Latin America and American farms go out of business. I know it's tricky, but it is reality.

as far as legalizing drugs? I am with you there. Castrate the cartels and local dealers. Strike at the heart of it, anything else is a waste of money and lives.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is wrong. Countries have borders for a reason. We are almost broke and we can't even take care of our own citizens, but our government gives illegals assistance? Stupid.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Anyone who still believes that illegals are just picking crops blows my mind. They are in construction, roofing, factories etc. etc. etc. They have driven wages down and displaced American workers who are trying to feed their families. I have seen with my own eyes how citizens were turned away while illegals were hired at a lower rate. This is no joking matter.

Illegals also cost us billions to educate their children, in welfare costs, prisons etc. Open borders means no background or health checks. Thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of illegals and our laws not being enforced. Many of those illegals had previous arrests and deportations. But hey, let's just keep catering to the illegals and to heck with our own citizens. Right? Wrong!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think we are having some reading comprehension issues in this thread. From what I understand this is going to be a small unmanned kiosk for a border town with no access at the moment. I don't see the huge deal. This place is out in the middle of some remote desert. These guys are talking like Obama just went hog wild and opened everything up and hung a huge sign that says "Viva La Raza". Silliness...If you were going to break the law you will do it with or without a damn guard.

I mean guys really, what do you want? Do you want an armed guard on every square inch of the border? Do you have any idea what it would cost?
edit on 12-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The government doesn't seem to care what anything else costs. Let them protect our borders. Come down on employers who are hiring illegals. Take away the freebies and they will self deport.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The government doesn't seem to care what anything else costs. Let them protect our borders. Come down on employers who are hiring illegals. Take away the freebies and they will self deport.

They already are self-deporting, but the facts don't matter to you. You just want to be angry.
www.npr.org...
Deportations are at an all time high.
latino.foxnews.com...

When will you guys be happy? When every one who looks remotely Mexican is gone? Many illegals are moving on due to lack of work. This has been known for at least two years. It's always the same, when the economy goes in the crapper blame the foreign people

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I agree that the war on terror is a farce. How on one hand can we have a government selling guns directly to the Mexican Drug Cartels, while at the same time saying Arizona cannot enforce their boarders! They have entire parks in Arizona that are sanctioned off for them to live and roam freely, that Americans aren't supposed to go into.

Meanwhile back in the police state we have to show more papers to get out, and Granny gets her diaper checked at the airport for contraband!

The war on terror is nothing more than the installation of a tighter prison for which the human slaves to walk around in.

Land of the free, and home of the brave, I don't think so!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
..lol.. come on people, once you understand 'elite speak' things become clear..

Dear leaders will send troops 1000s of miles from the mexican border.. to do what?... "Protect americas interests".

Obviously clogging the gaping maw at the southern border doesn't infringe on "americas interests".. cheap exploitable labor, boogie-brown men, along with divide & conquer scape goats... are like golden nuggets flowing across a line in the sand for the elite.. job security for a huge chunk of govt lackeys too.

Allowing money & leverage to cross the border serves "the mans" interests, thus.. "americas interests"... if it didn't suit their interests, they'd throw some "shock & Awe" at the border, deploy 50,000 troops to enforce their will.. and subject every person entering to a TSA anal probe.

Big business and politicians need division & subjection.. so they allow it. Duh....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
More insanity from the US gov :
Obama to slash National Guard force on U.S.-Mexico border

They should just admit it. Yeah we are merging with Mexico...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

They already are self-deporting, but the facts don't matter to you. You just want to be angry.
www.npr.org...
Deportations are at an all time high.
latino.foxnews.com...

When will you guys be happy? When every one who looks remotely Mexican is gone? Many illegals are moving on due to lack of work. This has been known for at least two years. It's always the same, when the economy goes in the crapper blame the foreign people

I don't want to be angry. I want fairness for the American citizen, who happens to come in all shapes, sizes and colors. What does the color of one's skin have to do with anything? You assume that anyone who is against illegal immigration is racist. Please don't assume. I know some lovely Mexican people.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And the whole point here is the facts show you are getting what you want so why are you still complaining??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join