It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to let the US-Mexico border wide open

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well this is just another sign of the North American Union...

US to leave Mexican border crossing to rangers

The bloody drug war in Mexico shows no sign of relenting. Neither do calls for tighter border security amid rising fears of spillover violence.

This hardly seems a time the U.S. would be willing to allow people to cross the border legally from Mexico without a customs officer in sight. But in this rugged, remote West Texas terrain where wading across the shallow Rio Grande undetected is all too easy, federal authorities are touting a proposal to open an unmanned port of entry as a security upgrade.

By the spring, kiosks could open up in Big Bend National Park allowing people from the tiny Mexican town of Boquillas del Carmen to scan their identity documents and talk to a customs officer in another location, at least 100 miles away.

And of course the feel good comment :

"I think it's actually going to end up making security better," CBP spokesman William Brooks said.

Yeah sure. Also mercury and radiation is good for you. Left is right, up is down, freedom is slavery. We know the drill.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hey no problem, the nearest border agent is only 100 miles away, I'm sure they can get there in time to stop illegal border crossings and drug runners.

The biggest traitors in this country all seem to be the ones we elect to government offices. Will we ever learn?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Obama has to get voters in here somehow....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My sense is they dont care about the people coming through that are willing to hike the very rugged terrain. The people that are cwilling to cross here are migrant workers. Now they know that it is impossible for a terrorist network to haul stuff across in this region. Therefore, they probably just feel their efforts would be better utilized in other areas of the border perhaps? Surely they are not just arbitrarily leaving the border WIDE open for a free for all.
edit on 11-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe this is the excuse they need for having drones fly in CONUS.

That way, they can say they're for tighter security while getting us used to being spied upon.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Ouch...touche` and how true.
Don't worry if we get Gingrich then things won't be much different

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That's got to be up there with one of the craziest things i've heard in a long time. I can just imagine now there's various parties going on in Cartel headquarters all around Mexico. Bad for security, bad for illegal imigration (for those that worry about it), bad for drug running (unless you're a drug runner), just generally a bad idea. Hell if i was in America, now would be a great time to set up a people smuggling operation ! ( not that I'm really into that sort of thing officer !
)
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Maybe this is the excuse they need for having drones fly in CONUS.

That way, they can say they're for tighter security while getting us used to being spied upon.

They don't need that, they are ALREADY DOING IT.

Police employ Predator drone spy planes on home front

And have been for MONTHS.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
People are forgetting that now trucks from Mexico are going to be freely coming across the border, so why waste border patrols now that durgs and illegals contraband is going to be a hell lot easier with free traveling inside Mexican trucks.

What a joke.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Why is airport security so tight but border security isnt,especially with all this so called terrorism running rampant?

Simple question, id like a logical answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Why is airport security so tight but border security isnt,especially with all this so called terrorism running rampant?

Exactly.
What 'terrorists' would fly into the US??
None.
They would come in via Canada or Mexico

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actions such as this are proof that "The War on Terror" is nothing more than a front meant to take away our liberties through laws that TPTB say will make us more secure. As I have said since the beginning of TWoT, if our government was so concerned with protectingb the citizens of this country they would not leave our southern border wide open for anyone to cross. After all, if you were fighting off looters that were trying to come into your home and destroy you and your family you wouldn't do so by fighting the looters that are on the other side of town all the while leaving your back door wide open for all to come in with a big flashing sign that says "free access".

I am not saying that we are in imminent threat from the mexican people, but if they can cross our border undetected then it will be just as easy for terrorists to make it to Mexico then walk right over our border and enter the country. It is magnified even more when you take into account the "screenings" that are done at our airports by the TSa. They strip search little old ladies yet 90% of the time let anyone who looks even remotely middle eastern walk right through and use the excuse that they don't want to racial profile.

What is the purpose of having a war on terror and unconstitutional screenings at airports if you are going to allow anyone to cross the southern border? The answer is clear, it is to see just how far the American people will allow their rights to be infringed all in the name of safety. This whole present agenda of our government is a lie and a scam that is being perpetrated upon the people with ill intent. Through executive orders and unconstitutional laws that have been implimented under the guise of "The War on Drugs" and "The War on Terror" we have lost so many of our liberties and rights that I fear we will never get them back.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Gotta make sure ALL people get properly nuke xray'd to damage the dna and immune system before flying next to fresh kemmies at 32thousand.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

To teach you to be a good slave. Bow down to authority. Being acclimated to your rights being trashed.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This administration is as criminal as the people they're ignoring in the ever steady invasion moving up from the south. Welcome for the immigrants...but the OTHER % coming to fight and hurt this nation need to be met with the same U.S. Soldiers some of these turkeys may have recently SEEN on the other side of the world.

Obama is just injuring the American people so severely and in some many new ways to see a President do it....I don't even feel bad when I read things like this anymore. I just sigh in resignation and remind myself of what the time is to the day this traitor is out of OUR White House.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
United States of Mexico!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Honestly, this is a genius idea. It's in a small border town, so there won't be much traffic. It's unmanned and is the "path of least resistance" for immigrants who would usually just sneak over the border.
By opening up a seemingly "less secure" location, every immigrant who wants to come over can and we will have a record of it. It will encourage legal immigration. As for the violence, it's probably not designed to stop it, however, I suspect a back ground check is done on the spot (they are scanning their documents) and anyone with a criminal record will be tracked by satellite or something like that.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The Chamber of Commerce will be happy because this will drive wages even lower and we might have enough low paid labor to get some of those factorys back from China!

This is just stupid ...... but it sounds like the feds to come up with something this stupid .....

since we can't catch them in the rugged hills so we will bait them to use the highway where we can have more Homeland Security grabbing Mexican gentilia at the 50 mile post.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Riiiight...it's Obama that's responsible.

Unlike Clinton, Reagan, and both Bushes...who had it locked up tight as a drum. LOL.

Illegal immigration has been going on since there's been a Mexican border. Blaming Obama for EVERYTHING already feels like it's been around forever. It's so old and so tired. Please find a new song to hum.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Riiiight...it's Obama that's responsible.

Unlike Clinton, Reagan, and both Bushes...who had it locked up tight as a drum. LOL.

Illegal immigration has been going on since there's been a Mexican border. Blaming Obama for EVERYTHING already feels like it's been around forever. It's so old and so tired. Please find a new song to hum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join