It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan says U.S. drones in its air space will be shot down

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This would be a good example to the world. Cut off the Money, the oil, the food. See how long the jewel of the Third-World lasts.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have already pointed out in various posts that American drone strikes have killed thousands of Pakistani civilians, are you denying this fact? There are 400 by October of this year alone. Are you even reading before you post

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Your source not only completely contradicts yours claims but also points out that Pakistan had agreed to allow US drone strikes

"Sourcing on civilian deaths is weak and the numbers are often exaggerated...

Until recently Pakistani officials have denied that they gave permission for the drone strikes....

However, a Pakistani Major General, Ghayur Mehmood, told reporters recently, "Most of the targets are hardcore militants. The number of innocent people being killed is relatively low.

And they keep starring your posts anyways

edit on 11-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What does Alex Jones have to do with our government's documented history of war mongering, overthrowing governments and invading countries for profit?

I think you may want to head back to the Fox "News" forums...

edit on 11-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

So the Indian government listens to Alex Jones?

David Headley, Mumbai Terror Suspect, Was 'Rogue US Secret Agent'

Indian investigators, who have been denied access to Mr Headley, suspect that he remained on the payroll of the US security services — possibly working for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)…

Yah, I'm sure he was a "rogue" agent. Mmm hmm,

Here's another story involving Michael Furlong:
Defense official ran private spy operation

In fairness Mr. Furlong was being investigated and subsequently resigned in July 2011. There are still ongoing investigations, conducted by the Department of Defense. No conflict of interest there of course

brill

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, now you're just being difficult

Why do you refuse to acknowledge specific portions that I have pointed out to you that prove my source not to be contradicting? I was honest from the very beginning and made sure to clarify certain parts so you wouldn't try to turn them around on me as you're attempting at this very moment.

Please share your thoughts on the portions I have pointed out to you, and if need I can reference them for you again. If you expect me to take you seriously please at least be willing to listen.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Corruption Exposed you're just in denial about your source [which was badly chosen by the way] refuting your own claim. I understand how you're trying to make lemonade out of the lemons you yourself produced.

Anyway, it's Beer and Pizza night.

I'm off.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
@Corruption Exposed @Slayer69 Stop flirting.
edit on 11/12/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Perhaps you will man up after a night's sleep and address my concerns that I have mentioned. What part of the graphs an charts from page 10 and on are poorly chosen?

The fact that you're refusing to acknowledge the information I have directed you to implies that you have looked at it and you're aware that it proves my claims to be correct so instead of admitting you were wrong you're going to run off and have pizza.

I hope it's good, BLT sandwich for me

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Perhaps you will man up after a night's sleep and address my concerns that I have mentioned. What part of the graphs an charts from page 10 and on are poorly chosen?

You mean these from your own source?
Which are much larger when compared to NATO caused civilian deaths while fighting the same enemy Pakistan is or was rather.

The fact that you're refusing to acknowledge the information I have directed you to implies that you have looked at it and you're aware that it proves my claims to be correct so instead of admitting you were wrong

Are you heeding your own wisdom here or simply making a confession?

you're going to run off and have pizza.

I hope it's good, BLT sandwich for me

I like Pizza and Beer.

No shame in liking a BLT either. I cheat and also put white onions on mine [often with a tad too much Mayo] So two of my Ex's have told me

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher

Remember that the "Al-Qaeda" you think is harbored in Pakistan was created and supported by the CIA to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan,

No, it wasn't.

It must be nice to be able to make up your own history as you go along.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

If the US is killing 1000s of Pakistani civilians, what does that make them?

Figments of your imagination.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Here, www.channel4.com...

The link does not support your contention of "1000's of civilians killed". It says:

• At least 385 civilians have been killed, with a possible upper figure of 775.

"The US does not target civilians" riiggghhttt tell that to the million orphaned children in Iraq

"Millions" now?

You sure like over-inflating numbers to try to support a shaky point, don't you?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
@nenothtu
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

From my own source:

Of course the axes to these graphs represent many variables, it is the best data that has ever been compiled in this conflict. They are specifically listed and even have a measured range of error. Once you are willing to acknowledge this information we can therefor continue to discuss the many different variables.

I'm not sure why certain parts of my source appear to be contradicting to you. It is a very non biased report that reports the pros and cons from both sides. I never denied Pakistani security forces were barbaric, they're a terrorist organization in my opinion and there is no doubt in my mind that they kill civilians but what we are disputing is the amount of civilian casualties from drone strikes. I have presented some evidence for members to scrutinize.

I prefer red onions on my sandwiches, but the white ones are good too. I had too many beer on Friday and was hungover all of yesterday so no beer today, I need to get up at 6 am tomorrow.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

@ Glados and @ nenothu, stop flirting.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Remember that the "Al-Qaeda" you think is harbored in Pakistan was created and supported by the CIA to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan,

No, it wasn't.

Charlie Wilson, a 12-term Texas congressman who was best known for his playboy ways until he masterminded a covert effort to funnel billions of dollars in arms to Afghan rebels fighting the Soviets in the 1980s, died Wednesday in Lufkin, Tex. He was 76.

SOURCE: NYT Obit Charlie Wilson

The early foundations of al-Qaida were built in part on relationships and weaponry that came from the billions of dollars in U.S. support for the Afghan mujahadin during the war to expel Soviet forces from that country,

SOURCE:Wiki - Operation Cyclone

No, your opinion is apparently made up fairy tale history. The real history is sourced above. But, I'm guessing your mind is made up even before the facts.
edit on 11-12-2011 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

@nenothtu

They must have changed the page at that link from the time you posted it to the time I read it. Now the only thing found there is a story about Iraq, not Pakistan, a generic claim of "deaths", not drone strikes, and a set of figures arrived at in varying ways from scientific to absurd. The number they elected to go with was of course the highest estimate, ans was arrived at by a random sample POLL. In other words, they got their figures by asking people how many deaths they thought had occurred.

You can probably see how propaganda - like that webpage - could influence public opinion as to the perception of how many "violent deaths" (without attribution as to perpetrator, even) had occurred. Then, after opinion is influenced, they go inquire as to that opinion, and report it as "fact"?

Have you got any solid figures applicable to the drone strikes in Pakistan?

edit on 2011/12/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

@nenothtu

Have you got any solid figures applicable to the drone strikes in Pakistan?

The charts make a lot more sense if you read the report.

Source
edit on 11-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No, it wasn't.

Charlie Wilson, a 12-term Texas congressman who was best known for his playboy ways until he masterminded a covert effort to funnel billions of dollars in arms to Afghan rebels fighting the Soviets in the 1980s, died Wednesday in Lufkin, Tex. He was 76.

SOURCE: NYT Obit Charlie Wilson

I'm going to re-post your original contention right here, in letters big enough to read, and ask you how this applies to what you said here:

The early foundations of al-Qaida were built in part on relationships and weaponry that came from the billions of dollars in U.S. support for the Afghan mujahadin during the war to expel Soviet forces from that country,

SOURCE:Wiki - Operation Cyclone

I'm going to re-post your original contention, in letters big enough tho be read, right here again, and ask you how this applies to your original claim:

No, your opinion is apparently made up fairy tale history. The real history is sourced above. But, I'm guessing your mind is made up even before the facts

I'm very familiar with Operation Cyclone. Part of the real history is sourced there. I'm sorry it doesn't support your argument, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'll wait and see if you can find any pertinent facts to present before I decide if my mind is already made up counter to them.

Will it take you long to find anything?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join