It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Europhile BBC turned triumph over Britain's veto into disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The BBC was accused of reporting Britain’s veto of the eurozone rescue plan as a national catastrophe rather than a tough decision David Cameron was forced to make.

Conservative MPs said the broadcaster’s ‘biased’ coverage began on Radio 4’s flagship Today programme and continued throughout the day on radio and television.

Presenters used solemn tones to inform listeners about Britain becoming isolated following David Cameron’s refusal to sign a new treaty.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Again the Tories are try to dictate the narrative how they want it spun . They were doing the same regarding the one day strike last week , Michael Gove chastised both the BBC and SKY saying they should be telling viewers about the union barons and what a den of vipers they were funding Labour. Gove did this on air ,using up air time so he had less to answer.

Daily Mail trying to rescue the reputation of Cameron , as Max Keiser stated all the big fraudulent banking transactions were done through the City of London , Cameron is wanting his cake and to eat it , at the expense of the other member countries.

edit on 9-12-2011 by Droidinvoid because: miss spelling.

edit on Fri Dec 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

I have just finished watching Max Keiser. I'm not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I hope its not a case of short term gain, long term pain. At the moment I think Cameron has probably done the right thing. I guess time will tell.
rt.com...

“Let me repeat, MF Global – the Jon Corzine billion-dollar scandal – went through London. AIG, a multi-billion dollar scandal, went through London. The Lehman Brothers Scandal went through London. It is the world’s capital of fraud. David Cameron knows that. That’s who pays for his re-election campaign: he’s financed by bank frauds. That’s who he protects. Now he wants the world to finance the City of London while at the same time he’s not going to participate in the overall Euro project. It’s not going to work. This is his death sentence.”
It's a suicide move by Cameron, Max Keiser concluded – one which "will finish his Prime Ministership.”

edit on 9-12-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think you'll find that most people in the UK are fairly content with the turn of events. The only reason we are still in the EU is because neither of the 2 big parties will allow a vote on it.

Given the situation we are in the veto was the right thing for the UK.

I'm not a Tory so it pains me to support Cameron but agreeing to let the Eurozone countries concoct a new treaty to take a big bite out of the city of London's business would not have been smart. French opportunism at work. They could have given the UK its safeguards, did their 27 member euro pantomime and brought the issue back to the table later, but they didn't. Why? They thought they could get concessions now they wouldn't get any other way. They thought he wouldn't have the balls to veto and they would score a big win. They thought wrong.

We should never have allowed such an imbalanced UK economy to develop but it has and we have to deal with it.

It all pales into insignificance beside the fact its all a sideshow and won't make the slightest bit of difference to the Euro collapsing.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The UK is not a Eurozone country, nor do we want to be, as long as this doesn't affect the country in the long term with regards to the single market then this was the right choice. It will be the pro-eurozone politicians within the country that will have issues with the decision, however i like the fact Cameron has directed us away from the new treaty (to be finalised in march(?)) which only has the eurozone members interest at heart. We didn't join the Euro for many reasons (pound was strong at turn of century being one), while we still have the CoL as it is i think the UK will be ok in relation to the markets, only time will tell though.

I did find the BBC coverage of the 'talks' a little confusing, they praised Cam on the hand and cursed him with the other almost belittling him, is it a case of the UK being isolated or distancing ourselves from a sinking ship?

edit on 9-12-2011 by destinationE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It looks to me that cameron has just turrned the city of london into nothing more than another off shore island and a tax free haven for bankers while taxing the rest of the country to the hilt. A flag of convieniance for the filthy rich.

He wants to cut through 'red tape' which actually means he wants to raid our pensions but not theirs.

He wants to reform employment law which means he wants to put us in a position where we fear for our jobs everyday.

He want to further shackle the unions so there is no opposition to his rape of the 99% to feed the greed of the 1%.

In other words he is a tory and his lib lap dogs want to keep the pretence of power so bad they support him even if it means abandoning all their previous beliefs or at least what they pretended were their beliefs.

This country is only great for his pals and the rest of us can go fish.
edit on 9-12-2011 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hah! Max Keiser
Love that guy since I saw him in this video:

Count how often he calls Goldman Sachs scum

ETA and BTT:
I'm not sure Cameron's move was a smart one.
I welcome and applaud every voice in support of national souvereignty over fiscal policies in the EU... but this solo run of Cameron strikes me a bit imprudent and his motives are also despicable.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Labour moaned about the exact same thing when they were in Government,

The Government needs to remember they do not own nor do they fund the BBC.

It is the British Public who own and fund the BBC.

No Government who is in Power in the UK should be allowed to dictate what a news organization should be allowed to and not allowed to broadcast. Even if they think the news item is biased.

top topics

join