It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all in heaven NOW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My my, so many negative posts in such a short period of time.

Despite the title, the OP is clearly trying to say we can all be in heaven if we so choose. I would hazard a guess that probably half of the peeps here who are going on about Somalia and child rape are the same ones who would jump on board a 'we are all one and you create your own reality' thread with little hesitation and all the positivity they can muster. And yet the moment someone attempts something positive even if maybe their perspective is slightly out everyone completely jumps down their throat.

Why not instead of tearing the OP to shreds try and gently help him/her gain a more realistic perspective without plunging straight into the murky deep end of child abuse. A dead baby is in a far better place than it was. A victim of abuse can find heaven in the smile of a helpful stranger. The meeting of one’s physical and material needs does not in any way correlate to happiness. I have posted this before it put some things into perspective so here it goes again.

Let happiness be your barometer of perfection, not availability of material items or the lack thereof or even peace within a country. Happiness and material possessions (or even basic survival needs) do not go hand in hand.

Read the list of countries by suicide rate on wikipedia. This is probably the best indicator of which countries are the unhappiest in the world.

Not a single 3rd world country in the top 10. Africa doesn't make to the list until number 20. The top of the list is dominated by 2nd world countries who want to have more. The next largest chunk is 1st world countries who have it all but obviously that's not enough.

Having personally travelled to a number of the poorer nations in the world I can assure you that the kids that live in these countries are some of the happiest kids in the world

I myself have lived a few years of living hell - I've been abused (although it wasn't ongoing), more or less homeless for a while, seen the inside of the lockup on more than one occasion and a drug addict. I've eaten bin scraps, drunk from muddy puddles and enjoyed a fair bit of dumpster diving. I've seen a girl deliver my stillborn baby boy in a storm water drain, then had bury the embryo under a tree in a park before hauling her drug addled body off to the clinic. And then slowly I started to change something - my perspective. Firstly regarding myself, and that then flowed on to the world around me. I now have an amazing family, 2 university degrees and a very very comfortable job which provides all the material needs that I could hope for. And I'm only 28.

So don't even try and tell me you cannot choose happiness. For this is the first thing you must do in order to be happy.

It is hard with children because they are not yet in a position to choose their own destiny. But give them a ball or some paint and they will probably be just as happy as some fat American kid sitting on his Xbox, no matter what they’ve been through

So congratulations all on furthering the cause of negativity in the world. Feel free to scuttle off and watch more Fox News on the devastation in Africa while stuffing your fat faces full of pizza and slurping down your super-sized shakes, all the while slowly shaking your heads as you think “this world really has gone to the dogs. I blame the government!!!”.

arpgme, please allow me to give you your first flag for trying to make a difference and help people see things from a more positive perspective.

edit on 9/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by theovermensch

If they want to be happy, then yes they should! This applies to everyone since everything is perfect and we are all in heaven.

Hate to burst you little perfect bubble, but we are definitely not balanced, which equals perfection. If you are referring to materialism, then yes there are people who happy because of that, but perfect, not even close.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
What about people in Somalia?

Should they be happy?

The slums in India?

People in the west shouldnt be happy either because of these things.

I would like to see you tell someone in Somalia that they should look on the bright side.

Are people starving in Somalia just thinking the glass is half empty?

I completely agree,

I dont get irate very easily on this site, but OP, (even though i havnt read most of the replies), you were ASKING for trouble with this thread.
what nonsense.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The only argument you have is that one chooses to be happy. You don't elaborate at all, and if someone doesn't see how your delusional way of thinking is realistic, you tell them they're choosing not to see it your way, or they're simply choosing not to see Heaven.

So, here's a scenario.
A 10 year old kid has his 43-year-old teacher kidnaps him. The child is then forcibly raped.

What then? The child should just look past the fact his teacher's penis was just inside of him? That his ass is bleeding because of it? He should probably take an hour or two, reflect on the situation, and just... go back to being happy? Because, whether he likes it or not, he just got raped, right? By his teacher.

Here's another scenario.
a 25-year-old girl is hanging out at her friends house. There's a knock on the door. It's the pizza they ordered 10 minutes ago being delivered. They open the door. Guy's got a gun, shoots both of them, and leaves. The 25-year-old survives, the friend has a bullet in her head and is bleeding out on the floor right beside her.

What then? Reflect? Take in the negative that just happened, filter it out, and just... be happy again?

This is light trivia compared to what else goes on in the world. A world that you seem to be neglecting. Have you been raped? Molested? Have you ever been sodomized? Kidnapped and sold into slave labor? Ever seen a friend killed right in front of you? Have you ever had the worry of not being able to feed yourself? Your family?

Or are you living cushy? Or even average; but still making a living where you don't really have any worries? Or what? Because you just don't seem to have any arguments. You just think people don't understand, and you're the only right one. Those that don't agree just... aren't awake?

Tell you what. How about you go through a truly traumatic experience and then get back with us.
edit on 9-12-2011 by jem504 because: Typo

edit on 9-12-2011 by jem504 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

The TRUE reason why you are feeling irritated/mad is because you know deep down inside that you are in heaven and you are ANGRY that you can not see it.

Keep being happy, change your beliefs into happier ones and you'll get their! I'm cheering for you!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The TRUE reason why you are feeling irritated/mad is because you know deep down inside that you are in heaven and you are ANGRY that you can not see it.

Do you have any idea how arrogant and self-deluded you sound to people when you say crap like that?

Perhaps you shouldn't go around telling people you know more about them than they know about Themselves.

ffs

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

If I sound like a person "deluded" by happiness, then it's quite alright with me.

EDIT:

I guess this is another important thing I have to say. Stop caring about what people think of you and be yourself. Be your happy happy self and go to your joy because you are in heaven NOW!
edit on 9-12-2011 by arpgme because: to add more detail

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I never said "by happiness".

Just that you sound arrogant and self-deluded.

Period.

Acting like you know someone better than they know themselves is BS.

I was responding to what you said to another poster not me.

I don't give a rats ass what you think of me.
edit on 12/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We are all in heaven NOW

NO!!... i can´t imagine a heaven with "nationalities", religions, hunger, ill, violence, endless wars, poverty, physical and emotional abuse, slavery, sorrow, and without any sign of real freedom.
Sorry buddy, this is not heaven. At least the portion of this earth that im perceiving is more like hell or prison. Or maybe i need a new pair of eyes in order to perceive your heaven. Prison is prison no matters how comfortable appears to some of us from time to time.
edit on 9-12-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arpgme

I never said "by happiness".

Just that you sound arrogant and self-deluded.

Period.

Acting like you know someone better than they know themselves is BS.

I was responding to what you said to another poster not me.

I don't give a rats ass what you think of me.

So.... you are calling out another person for what they think of someone else... and how do you know exactly how that person is..?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I said he "sounds" not is.

Nice try.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I said he "sounds" not is.

Nice try.

Wasn't referring to that. I meant how you thought he should not state how other people are, because it is "BS".

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

And I stand by that.

Telling people you know them better than they know themselves is crap.

Especially over the web.

In case you forgot I was replying to this quote by the OP to another poster:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And I stand by that.

Telling people you know them better than they know themselves is crap.

Okay, that is fine. However, what I am stating is what if he does know, not because he is all intelligent but because he is merely right (in the event of a coincidence). For you to state that he is not, would be because you believe the person he is referring to is how you think they are.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Incorrect.

It is literally what I said. Not the "more" that you are trying to insert into my meaning.

I don't know thedoctorswife and neither does arpme.

I am sure as hell not going do take it upon myself to TELL her (like the OP did) what SHE really thinks and feels.

That would be BS.

Twist my words all you want.
You won't change their meaning.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Incorrect.

It is literally what I said. Not the "more" that you are trying to insert into my meaning.

I don't know thedoctorswife and neither does arpme.

I am sure as hell not going do take it upon myself to TELL her (like the OP did) what SHE really thinks and feels.

That would be BS.

Twist my words all you want.
You won't change their meaning.

Again, you do not know what the person thinks or feels, so there could be a chance the OP is right, even if the OP does not know either.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join