It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all in heaven NOW

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Now, Now, turn that frown upside down and smile. For some reason, reminding people that they are in heaven may make them feel upset, angry, or irritated, but it'll all be alright. You just gotta readjust. It's like waking someone up from a dream I guess..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Now, Now, turn that frown upside down and smile. For some reason, reminding people that they are in heaven may make them feel upset, angry, or irritated, but it'll all be alright. You just gotta readjust. It's like waking someone up from a dream I guess..

It's just a hard realization for them to come to, OP, as they do not realize they create Hell for themselves with their mental process. And the opposite, they can create Heaven for themselves, but they were given free will and the desire for creation so I'd submit that creating suffering for themselves is all fine and dandy. Even if that suffering is the result of indirectly insulting someone

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Posting Bans are next.

GET ON TOPIC

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

It's just a hard realization for them to come to, OP, as they do not realize they create Hell for themselves with their mental process. And the opposite, they can create Heaven for themselves, but they were given free will and the desire for creation so I'd submit that creating suffering for themselves is all fine and dandy. Even if that suffering is the result of indirectly insulting someone

You are in your own little delusional "fake" heaven. I think you need to realize that many people don't care to "pretend" this earthly life is heaven ..though we can perhaps experience moments of joy, and love that may parallel what exists in heaven.

You can have your "fake" heaven..no one will take that away.... but obviously if you feel the need to argue with people, it isn't much of a heaven.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

You are in your own little delusional "fake" heaven. I think you need to realize that many people don't care to "pretend" this earthly life is heaven ..though we can perhaps experience moments of joy, and love that may parallel what exists in heaven.

You can have your "fake" heaven..no one will take that away.... but obviously if you feel the need to argue with people, it isn't much of a heaven.

Sorry but I never stated that I was living in this said "fake heaven". It is true that I am living in Hell just like the rest of us but that does not mean I am not aware as to why that is. There is no reason to "pretend" any thing, it is merely a result of coming to full acceptance of everything. The only reason I am arguing is to help you, my friend. I hope that you can find Heaven on Earth, and in all honesty, I feel that you are just as delusional as you claim my "fake heaven" to be in believing that you can not be happy all of your life on this world.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If this is heaven then I can't even begin to imagine what hell would be like.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jem504
reply to post by 1littlewolf

The only argument you have is that one chooses to be happen. You don't elaborate at all, and if someone doesn't see how your delusional way of thinking is realistic, you tell them they're choosing not to see it your way, or they're simply choosing not to see Heaven.

So, here's a scenario.
A 10 year old kid has his 43-year-old teacher kidnap him. The child is then forcibly raped.

What then? The child should just look past the fact his teacher's penis was just inside of him? That his ass is bleeding because of it? He should probably take an hour or two, reflect on the situation, and just... go back to being happy? Because, whether he likes it or not, he just got raped, right? By his teacher.

Here's another scenario.
a 25-year-old girl is hanging out at her friends house. There's a knock on the door. It's the pizza they ordered 10 minutes ago being delivered. They open the door. Guy's got a gun, shoots both of them, and leaves. The 25-year-old survives, the friend has a bullet in her head and is bleeding out on the floor right beside her.

What then? Reflect? Take in the negative that just happened, filter it out, and just... be happy again?

This is light trivia compared to what else goes on in the world. A world that you seem to be neglecting. Have you been raped? Molested? Have you ever been sodomized? Kidnapped and sold into slave labor? Ever seen a friend killed right in front of you? Have you ever had the worry of not being able to feed yourself? Your family?

Or are you living cushy? Or even average; but still making a living where you don't really have any worries? Or what? Because you just don't seem to have any arguments. You just think people don't understand, and you're the only right one. Those that don't agree just... aren't awake?

Tell you what. How about you go through a truly traumatic experience and then get back with us.

Obviously you missed paragraph 5 of my post. If that’s not traumatic I’d really love to see your definition. I mentioned I was abused, and the nature of that abuse was sexual. I do not intend to elaborate any further on a worldwide forum. I also could tell you much more but I already regret saying as much as I have. And yes I have had the worry about not being able to feed myself.

Really, did you read any of my post except for maybe the first 2 sentences? How much more elaboration do you want? Shall I post my picture and PIN number as well? I honestly cannot comprehend what your definition of traumatic is? You comment nothing on what I've said about suicide, nothing about what I've said about happiness not being correlated with material items and just gone off on a totally misinformed rant. I do not see anywhere I've mentioned being 'awake' either

And yes I do now live a cushy life. Because I changed my perspective and left my old life behind. I chose first and then my new reality changed from there. I am not 'neglecting' the negative world you talk of. I have well and truly been a part of it. And I no longer choose to be part of it any further.

I chose to be happy despite writhing on the floor due to withdrawals. I chose to be happy when all I had was my clothes and a mattress at a young man's shelter. I then chose to be happy when I got my first job in 3 years working at Australia's version of Wal-Mart checking out groceries. I then chose to be happy and applied for a position at university. I now chose to be happy with the cushy life with my family and house and car.

But if it were all gone tomorrow, after an initial period of mourning I would choose to be happy again. For I have seen far more than I would guess you have and I would choose to be happy with nothing at all.

As for your pathetic examples I can relate to both more closely than you could guess. And no you don't just 'reflect' and walk away with a smile on your face. There is a process involved and it takes a quite a while. But you have to firstly make a choice to get over it. For you may not always be able to control what happens externally, but how you process it, and what actions you choose to take after it has happened are all of your own design.

You are only a victim once. Everything after the incident is entirely of your own making. Some people wallow in their 'poor me I had a dick rammed up my bleeding ass' misery for the rest of their lives. Others get over it. And yes it will forever taint your perspective of the world, but that perspective is mainly a choice. You just have to make it a conscious choice. Do I want to be a victim for the rest of my life?

As for 3rd world war-ravaged countries it is no different. The threat of death maybe more constant. You may never get that 52 inch flat-screen, but the choice to be happy still rest with you.

EDIT: jem504 at first I thought I was seeing things but now I realise you've edited your post so that it no longer is a reply to me, but to the OP. Definitely helps to actually read a post first before going off your nut about something I'm sure you actually no nothing about apart from what you see on News.com eh? I find it laughable that you accuse me of not elaborating when you didn't even read to see if i had.

Too late though as I'd already pressed 'Quote'. You still look like an idiot.

edit on 10/12/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

honesty, I feel that you are just as delusional as you claim my "fake heaven" to be in believing that you can not be happy all of your life on this world.

Anyone who can be truly happy their whole life on this earth has no empathy or compassion for the the suffering others go through.. some much worse than others.

Our sufferings , trials and tribulations are shared ..as well as our joys.

Love is being able to to feel the sorrows of others, understanding the pain that others feel..joy is helping alleviate those sufferings and sorrows..and if that can't be done.. suffering with others is a form of showing love, and helping them carry along through the struggles.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

honesty, I feel that you are just as delusional as you claim my "fake heaven" to be in believing that you can not be happy all of your life on this world.

Anyone who can be truly happy their whole life on this earth has no empathy or compassion for the the suffering others go through.. some much worse than others.

Our sufferings , trials and tribulations are shared ..as well as our joys.

Love is being able to to feel the sorrows of others, understanding the pain that others feel..joy is helping alleviate those sufferings and sorrows..and if that can't be done.. suffering with others is a form of showing love, and helping them carry along through the struggles.

Well, if you really believe this to be true then I would say you should choose to be happy so that others may share your joy! Surely, if someone is upset and you go to them while also being upset then they are just going to pick-up or "share" your negative emotions and that should technically make them feel worse. However, if you go to them with love, happiness and a non-judgmental compassion, then hopefully you can raise their vibrations to help them choose happiness for themselves. There should be no reason that you have to feel suffering just because someone else is them. Why would you? Because you feel sorry for them or pity them? I always prefer to go to someone who is clearly happy when I am upset so that I may experience their joy, not someone who is going to get saddened by what I have to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is not heaven or hell, it's earth.

It's a place where we've come to experience and learn. Some live better lives than others, some suffer a lot.
Yes babies die, children suffer, they never had a chance to be happy. But they did have a chance to affect other peoples lives, to make us think, to feel certain emotions and to learn from it all. How to be patient, how to feel compassion, empathy, anger, happiness.....

Would humans appreciate a heaven(100% positive) without first experiencing a taste of hell?(100% negative)

When was the time you most enjoyed a drink? Usually when you were very thirsty and dehydrated.

When was the time you most enjoyed a nice meal? Usually when you were really hungry.

When was the time you most enjoyed a nice sleep in a comfortable bed? Usually when you were very tired.

No we are not in heaven, we are not in hell. We are in a place where we can experience a taste of both and that is what truly makes us learn from our experience on earth.

For every negative thing that happens on earth, we should be trying our best to counter it with a positive thing. Because we have learned that our actions affects the world around us. If you make somebody happy, that person will spread that happiness on to others and so forth. The same applies to being negative......

Being positive to make a better world, a world closer to heaven rather than hell is what some people in this thread are trying to share with us.

So stop being so negative, yes there are bad things happening in the world but negativity won't help one bit. The only way to make any good changes in the world is to spread your positivity and love.

Some people think we are being tested in this life, and that may very well be true but I know one thing for sure it's up to us to use our freewill to make a better world and most importantly to learn from the journey of life on earth.

Sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away haha.
edit on 9-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

For some reason, reminding people that they are in heaven may make them feel upset, angry, or irritated,

Perhaps it is because people, in general, dislike being lied to.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Well, if you really believe this to be true then I would say you should choose to be happy so that others may share your joy! Surely, if someone is upset and you go to them while also being upset then they are just going to pick-up or "share" your negative emotions and that should technically make them feel worse. However, if you go to them with love, happiness and a non-judgmental compassion, then hopefully you can raise their vibrations to help them choose happiness for themselves. There should be no reason that you have to feel suffering just because someone else is them. Why would you? Because you feel sorry for them or pity them? I always prefer to go to someone who is clearly happy when I am upset so that I may experience their joy, not someone who is going to get saddened by what I have to say.

I really don't think you understand empathy....or compassion for someone who is suffering.

I am finished trying to discuss this with you.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Of course I understand what empathy is. Your body and mind have an automatic empathetic response system and somebody else's emotions and pain will no doubt register for you. That being said, just because one registers pain, does not mean one has to absorb it as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
What about people in Somalia?

Should they be happy?

The slums in India?

People in the west shouldnt be happy either because of these things.

I would like to see you tell someone in Somalia that they should look on the bright side.

Are people starving in Somalia just thinking the glass is half empty?

LOL. so true. these people are wack. they just have a stress free life. the only heaven they are living in is the clouds in their head. try watching your mom get raped in a hut and your sisters throat slit after some rebels just got done raping her in front of you. then wake up the next day saying "weeeee im in heaven. life is wonderful" as you drink your dirty water and eat your morning rice. you people must be on drugs when you post..

edit on 9-12-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arpgme

For some reason, reminding people that they are in heaven may make them feel upset, angry, or irritated,

Perhaps it is because people, in general, dislike being lied to.

But the funny thing is... they are lying to themselves...

Heaven is NOW revel in that joy! Have fun! Lighten up a bit! Just do it!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

W/e

You never answered my question of "What happens when we die?"

How does that fit with your unrealistic idea?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arpgme

"What happens when we die?"

Happiness.

That is what happens.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i just read the title, if this is heaven, well its a total mess, might as well through your bible in the fire to heat your house as the price of gas is so high now

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That pretty much sums it up, and what kind of beyond-sadistic monster would need to believe there's an afterlife WORSE than this crazy-primitive "civilization?"

Too many beliefs and their resulting manifestations of chaos, and too few facts make a damn backward bunch of skin apes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join