It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

see above

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
Seems like the story is getting pulled back all over the place...hmmm

oathkeepers.org...

I kind of expected this after hearing form the oath keeper on the survival forum site.
I would guess who ever started this had some questions that he could not answer and and now may be in hot water.

Likely this will be something the oath keepers will handle internally.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Link?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I would guess who ever started this had some questions that he could not answer and and now may be in hot water.

My guess is Rand Cardwell..he broke the story,

Sgt. Rand Cardwell. U.S.M.C. veteran (Desert Storm). Tennessee Chapter President.
source: oathkeepers.org...

And this is as it should be..he needs to be in hot water..as a Sgt. in the Marine Corps he would have known full well how to write a report and gather the necessary components to include in the report..I'm sure he also knows that without the names, addresses, which Federal agency the time it happened who else was present and any other details about the incident, should have been vetted by either him or his staff BEFORE he broke this story.

In his original report he is very vague...which of course left him a way out..However now he has opened up oathkeepers.org to ridicule and distrust..and robbing them of credibility. Shame on him..he knew better..Cheers Coco
edit on 11-12-2011 by itscocobaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The area of town I live in is next to an LDS Cannery and the people there are very nice even taught me to can food for long term storage while I was there for free. $11.00 bucks for 25 pounds of hard winter wheat I think it was fun and super cheap. This has been a fun post to look into I didn't even know there was such a thing as LDS until ATS members were talking about it.

Good Stuff.
edit on 11-12-2011 by thekaliyuga because: Edit reply post

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If this is a hoax, and you all proved it, then why haven't the Mods moved this to the Hoax category and closed the thread already? Doesn't makes sense at all, not to mention it is on the cover page of the site no less.
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I'll try to get it taken care of.

edit on 11-12-2011 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've contacted a moderator. Hopefully, it will be taken care of.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's the video..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
That's funny...I put up a post, ask some questions on it's validity, it wasn't researched at all, barely lasted 20 minutes and 3 or so posts, and was immediately closed and put in the hoax category just based off the authors reputation. This gets 13 pages, multiple posts discrediting it on different pages, ends up on the front page of the site, and it is still up. Go figure...wonder what that is really all about.

Guess it is a good story anyway

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From the original link:

December 8th, 2011 STORY PULLED: Oath Keepers Alert: Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility

oathkeepers.org...

It is rather ironic that although they put the phrase "Story Pulled" in front of the article's title, they LEFT the article up. Shame on them.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
That's funny...I put up a post, ask some questions on it's validity, it wasn't researched at all, barely lasted 20 minutes and 3 or so posts, and was immediately closed and put in the hoax category just based off the authors reputation. This gets 13 pages, multiple posts discrediting it on different pages, ends up on the front page of the site, and it is still up. Go figure...wonder what that is really all about.

Guess it is a good story anyway

I think there is a lot of thought on many levels, communication between members that is non-bickering, that even though the OP has been resolved, the overall validity of interaction, is worth keeping it open. A lot of good info in this thread. I can see moving it to maybe another forum....but not wiping it out. JMOHO.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think there is a lot of thought on many levels, communication between members that is non-bickering, that even though the OP has been resolved, the overall validity of interaction, is worth keeping it open. A lot of good info in this thread. I can see moving it to maybe another forum....but not wiping it out. JMOHO.
reply to post by Destinyone

I hope it is a lesson, that if a story sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it probably is a duck. Just replace duck with hoax.
One of the strongest lessons to learn from this is that if there is only one source for an item as volatile as this, it should be taken very lightly, until it can be confirmed by legitimate sites.
The second thing that concerns me is that several of us made phone calls to the supposed parties, and they said that the story was false. Yet, the thread went on for pages, and in fact, is still going.
Anyway, there are enough REAL stories that should concern us all, and I have no doubt that the government is pushing the envelope regarding personal freedom.
Unfortunately, they will use a situation like this to discredit people like us that question their actions. Let's make sure that in the future, we get the facts, before we shoot.
Just a personal suggestion....
Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL...I am sure you would think that way. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Not for nothing, but it did cross my mind that maybe it was a planned hoax, just to see a) who is following a story like this closely and/or b) see who actually contacts them for verification. For all we know, it could be a controlled hoax to tag the researchers. If I was the feds, I would of monitored every call that went in and out of their since its inception.

Someone already claimed early in the thread how the Mormons have high people up in the FBI (I am not claiming it true, just what was said), what better cover for tracking purposes. Test run for something else possibly? I will let my mind run away for a while now.

I don't believe in coincidences

edit on 11-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Not for nothing, but it did cross my mind that maybe it was a planned hoax, just to see a) who is following a story like this closely and/or b) see who actually contacts them for verification. For all we know, it could be a controlled hoax to tag the researchers. If I was the feds, I would of monitored every call that went in and out of their since it's inception.
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I don't worry about such things. I already know that every call I make, every post I write, and every email I send and receive is in the hands of the Feds. So is everyone else's.So what? If you FEAR the government, then you have already lost.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

My thought wasn't about fear or creating fear, was just throwing an idea out there
Whether you care or not they are doing it, doesn't make it right is all.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Wish i could give you more than 1 star for posting that...thanks so much
Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am extremely disappointed in ATS's lack of response, to pulling down, or labeling this thread a HOAX. I left ATS earlier this year, and returned, hoping that things had changed. It is obvious that they haven't. In addition to contacting ATS via an ALERT on the OP about this disproven story, I also contacted directly a moderator. I do not blame the moderator, because he/she explained the policy to me.
However, even given that ATS must prove this is a hoax, there is more than sufficient evidence to confirm that it is. The story has been pulled, the headquarters of LDS has told me via phone calls, and told several other posters that there is ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH to this story,
I can only conclude that ATS is more interested in generating posts to boost their advertisements, at the expense of TRUTH.
Therefore, I will not post on ATS any more. Deny Ignorance is obviously just a slogan that doesn't have much in the way of "teeth".
Happy Holidays to all, and to all a goodnight.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
When I first hear about scary government doings, like the detainment camps "being staffed now" and the LDS cannery "raid", it's from Infowars, and now I'm pondering my conspiracy theory that an infowar is being waged upon Jones? With the camps, it was all based on an "email" that -looks- legit, but was/is it? I love A.J. and his awake-mission, but if he becomes a Sorcha Faal, all is lost in that regard.
I just came from the OathKeepers website. the raid source is --denying-- he ever said anything at all. I think they need to do an indepth report about that source.

Here is a picture of the leaked camps letter. But is it real? Or Psyops?
www.infowars.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
newsroom.lds.org...
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has received a number of inquiries about an alleged visit by federal officials to a Church canning facility in Tennessee seeking information about those who use the facility. The Church has investigated these claims and there is no basis for the rumors".

So as I had hoped, this is a hoax. However, I believe that those who want dictatorial / totalitarian control over the citizens of the USA are moving at breakneck speed.

Mods, can you move this to the hoax bin? Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join