It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on CNN (PS, he kills it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I haven't seen this on ATS and was really impressed with how much time Ron Paul was allowed to speak uninterrupted and he really hit on some great points.

For those without video:

He talked about how he has more support from the military than any other candidate.

Like a lot of interviews on the mainstream, he is asked multiple questions of how he is "not electable" or in this case; "not a candidate who will realistically challenge for the republican nomination".

Ron Paul talking about helping Israel fight in unconstitutional wars : "but to commit another generation, we don't even have the right to do it" (I hope this doesn't seem like its taken out of context, some input would be appreciated.)

When Ron Paul was asked if he thinks Newt Ginrich is the front-runner, he replied "well, he's the flavour of the week. hehe, so we don't know what it'll be next week."

Those were just a few points that stuck out for me, although I left quite a bit out.

edit on 8-12-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

"Okay,as it appears shortly, I also want to read something that you said..."
it's like she stopped listening and just repeated the last few words he said after he stopped talking.

Anyone else get the feeling that he (or his writers) get a lot of their material off this website?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the man! I still think if RP doesn't win the nomination he should run as an independent and still could possibly receive more funding they he did 4 years ago....u can barely find any fault in this man

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

"Do you at all feel like you've boxed yourself in and so come time for the rest of the country to vote for you, you're not going to have that supporting mass?"

"I think you have it backwards. I think that the American people are boxed in, and they want out, and that's why I get support. I get twice as much as support as all the other candiates from the military, they're sick and tired of being boxed in too!"

You've been owned CNN.

edit on 8-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

He knew he wouldn't get back on CNN after this interview so he gave it everything he got! That is, of course, unless he wins the nomination.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
and he sums it up at the end by saying :

1- im only concerned about me being able to convince people that we need to change our attitude in washington.

2- that the status quo wont work.

3- that we need a new foreign policy.

4- we need to look at the federal reserve.

5- we need to balance our budget.

6- we need to live in the rule of law.

7- we need to care about civil liberties.

that's what i care about.

now thats what i call consistency

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To me, the interview didn't come off as confrontational. I have seen much worse.

Of course, being of the new breed of "newscaster" (i.e. actor playing the role of slightly arrogant, leaning on pompous, talking head) she does give off a certain air of being over and above anything her guest will answer.

That said, she did not ridicule him nor his answers, and gave him a chance to talk, a thing I have not seen on many (considered to be) right leaning networks such as FOX.

the Billmeister

p.s.
One thing I have noticed about Ron Paul is that many seem to be leaning toward him because of his consistent stance and overall honesty which has been lacking in politics for a long time.

However, I often read how some agree with his foreign but not his domestic policies and vice-versa, does anyone believe, that this could possibly make his election less likely?

(Of course, that is assuming he somehow makes it through all the non-democratic steps which exist before he can even be placed on a ballot, steps, including the electoral college system, which (in my humble opinion) have been put in place to ensure that someone who would rock the status quo will never get put in such a position!)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I thought she was a bit more.. entrapping (at least attempting to be), but I'll admit to having a bias against CNN when it comes to Ron Paul.

And I totally agree with this being one of the less disrespectful interviews conducted by the MSM.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If you've noticed that every time one of these other candidates rise in the polls they fall right back down when their dirt comes out. Rick Perry forcing young girls to take vaccines came out and goold ol' Rick went to single digits. Cain and his love triangle comes out and he drops out of the race. Bachman and her anti gay crap and she falls to single digits. Newt has alot more dirt on him than probably all of those 3 combined. I fully expect him to fall shortly before or after Iowa and we'll have a 2 man race between Paul and Romney. Santorum is a warmonger idiot and Huntsman is, in my oppinion, only in this to be Paul's vp (which I would prefer Ventura or Judge Napolitano to fill this role). I do like Huntsman because he's better than the rest of the sell out scum, but he's no Ron Paul. I do wish they would give Gary Johnson some air time though, but I highly doubt they will. Its hard enough for them to keep Paul contained.
edit on 8-12-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I hope it will turn out something like that but I honestly think Ron Paul will have to run as a 3rd party candidate to stand a chance. I hope he will run independently if he doesn't get the republican nomination.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

This may be what Paul has needed all along. He sounds more confident than ever. People vote for confident.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Actually I thought this was a good interview. He is always a better speaker than a lot of people give him credit for. I thought it was funny the way he turned being in a box around on her.

top topics

join