It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'Brien just SEVERELY insulted Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

You CAN'T be cereal...

Well said.
edit on 12/8/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I just heard a couple comments that bear out exactly what I said last night. I'm doing a software project at a large company that employs about 2,000 people in a huge call center. About half the employees are young, under 25.
There is a gaggle of smug, self-important brats who think anyone over 30 just doesn't get it. Apparently, they all love Conan. Some young guy hanging with his clique asked them if they saw the Ron Paul spoof on Conan.
A young girl replied (This is verbatim) : "Oh my God...that was TOOOOO funny. Ron Paul IS nuts! I'm glad they're showing it!"

One of the older members of their group, a guy of near-30 said: "That old mummy? He's a wacko!"

I weep for the future.

I asked them who they thought would be better. They're all Obama supporters. I didn't continue the discussion , as it wouldn't be appropriate for me to start discussing politics in their workplace.

A co-worker of mine got a good jab in at the youngsters just now. A couple of them were on their iPhones, using a map search app to find a new pizza joint that just opened down the highway. My buddy said:
"The ancient Polynesians could find tiny islands thousands of miles apart by navigating with the ocean currents, the wind and the stars. You geniuses need map quest to find a pizza parlor that's around the corner."

I still say Conan's bit sucked, and it was offensive and insulting. I think Conan needs some new "idea balls" in his manatee tank.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Conan O'Brien in trouble?

His ratings have dropped considerably since his move to TBS. He is only rating slighly higher than George Lopez, and his audience is not the typical informed voter audience.

I think I would be more worried if he did support Paul.

Of course, I have never been a Conan O'Brien fan, the only thing he ever did slightly funny was the Insult Dog, and even that was obnoxious.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Relax he's probably just using Ron Paul to prime people up for the next cycle of debates. Newt has a lot of material for comedy. I'm sure they'll be some Newt jokes too...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There is a gaggle of smug, self-important brats who think anyone over 30 just doesn't get it. Apparently, they all love Conan. Some young guy hanging with his clique asked them if they saw the Ron Paul spoof on Conan.
A young girl replied (This is verbatim) : "Oh my God...that was TOOOOO funny. Ron Paul IS nuts! I'm glad they're showing it!"

One of the older members of their group, a guy of near-30 said: "That old mummy? He's a wacko!"

Sorry, friend. I feel your pain.

I don't see what's so nuts about realizing that "money" is not unlimited and an accounting is eventually due.

I don't see what's nuts about wanting to stop killing civilians when we're under no real threat, wanting to stop making us more likely to be targeted as a result of messing with everyone all the time, or realizing that having out troops spread/burnt out instead of rested & here to protect us, with borders wide open and a running war with the cartels on our southern border, is unwise.

I don't see what's nuts about wanting the government to *actually* protect and respect the people, as compared to growing continually more intrusive and heavy-handed, or realizing that trying to control people's lives and then continuing to just lock them up when they don't comply doesn't accomplish anything other than wasting money and ruining lives.

I could probably keep doing this for awhile, but...if Paul's nuts, toss me in the loony bin as well, since I don't like the world's version of 'sanity'. Sadly, what you just reported on will continue until their little world keeps getting tighter and smaller and true reality eventually smacks them hard in the face, or they take a good step back and actually open their eyes to look at these things afresh. I'd be willing to bet they hated Bush and love Obama, but...why? What, exactly, has changed?

Nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yesterday the view was on while I too was on ATS and they were interviewing ex President Clinton, they asked him about his choice for the current candidates and only asked him about Romney, Gingrich, and Perry!!! I thought the same thing ?
^%#$) those msmwhores and I will never watch their "PROGRAM" again!!! (Clinton was not for any of the listed btw)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Quick break from work here...

I'm slow this morning...I just realized - The episode of the kiddies using their map search to find something a mile and a half away was absolutely Jungian! I don't know if a better example could have been laid at my feet.
A group of young, snotty Obama devotees relying on their iPhones to be shown directions to a place that is 1 1/2 miles down the road. Classic!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
This is just like when someone gets upset with South Park.

"I use to LOVE South Park, but then they made fun of my favorite person, so now I hate them!"

Yawn.

I sure as hell didn't get all butthurt when South Park did the Manbearpig Al Gore episode (which, I am certain a lot of you really got a charge out of, right?).

Did you get a charge out of the episodes that are propaganda for corporations? They are pro-Starbucks and Pro Wallmart. They made fun of 9/11 'truthers' they did an episode likening Jullian Essange to a rat. They are pretty blatant conservatives/establishment.
But I agree,if you get your political veiws from South Park you are a moron.Or the Fox Cartoons propaganda.
They are funny,that is the reason to watch them.

And if you get your politics from Conan,Colbert,Stewart......OReilly...you are also a moron. These are variety shows. Conan has no responsibility for people being morons.Neither does OReilly.

edit on 8-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Did you get a charge out of the episodes that are propaganda for corporations? They are pro-Starbucks and Pro Wallmart.

If this was your take away from those episodes, then you weren't paying attention.

They made fun of 9/11 'truthers' they did an episode likening Jullian Essange to a rat. They are pretty blatant conservatives/establishment.

And? South Park rips on EVERYONE eventually. It's just a cartoon. I think there are people here who are taking comedy programs a little too seriously...

And if you get your politics from Conan,Colbert,Stewart......OReilly...you are also a moron. These are variety shows. Conan has no responsibility for people being morons.Neither does OReilly.

Unfortunately, O'Reilly and Hannity don't really go out of their way to make it clear to the lowest common denominator that they are opinion programs. There are people (even some ATS'ers) who take these shows as news.

At least with Conan, Colbert and Stewart you know what you're tuning into (well, most of us at least. I have known several people who didn't understand that Colbert was satire...)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
freedom of speech... let the lawyers handle this one.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Text Originally posted by theovermensch Did you get a charge out of the episodes that are propaganda for corporations? They are pro-Starbucks and Pro Wallmart. If this was your take away from those episodes, then you weren't paying attention.

If that wasnt your take,you are a moron.You should watch them again.Make sure you pay attention to the endings this time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Text And? South Park rips on EVERYONE eventually. It's just a cartoon. I think there are people here who are taking comedy programs a little too seriously...

Who is disagreeing? I said watch them if you think they are funny.Dont get your politics there.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance
Wow, were you people born yesterday or something? Conan doesn't write everything on his show, he has writers! Conan is just a mouth piece that occasionally improvises funny things inbetween. Snap out of it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Wasn't Conan head writer at SNL for like a gazillion years before getting his own show?
OK, maybe like 5 years.

Just saying. He probably writes some of it and is obviously capable of it.

As for the RP skit? It shows that Ron Paul is being taken more seriously by the media.
Will it help or hurt, I don't know. But take it as a positive. If he gains ground, the attacks will become more and more vicious.

Edit to add: South Park is much more intelligent/unbiased commentary than Stewart, Colbert, or any "serious" pundit show. IMO of course.
edit on 8-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Text Unfortunately, O'Reilly and Hannity don't really go out of their way to make it clear to the lowest common denominator that they are opinion programs. There are people (even some ATS'ers) who take these shows as news.

There are ATSers that listen to Alex Jones too.It isnt Alex Jones fault they are morons,it is theirs.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Text At least with Conan, Colbert and Stewart you know what you're tuning into (well, most of us at least. I have known several people who didn't understand that Colbert was satire...)

Those people are called morons.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If this was your take away from those episodes, then you weren't paying attention.

Text

Text Paul Cantor, a literary critic and economic theorist, who has taught college courses revolving around the "Gnomes" episode, has described it as "the most fully developed defense of capitalism" ever produced by the show.[3] Cantor said the episode challenges the stereotype that small businesses are public servants who truly care about their customers by portraying local business owner Mr. Tweek as greedier and having fewer scruples than that of the corporation he is challenging;

Ha!

I could help you out understanding the Walmart episode if you like.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A comedian making fun of a presidential candidate? Oh, my! That's never happened in the history of ever!!

It MUST be a conspiracy against Ron Paul!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
Michael Moore is on the show now.

His poor choice in guests tells me I wouldn't bother watching anyways.
Michael Moore? Really? He was never interesting .. let alone accurate in his so-called documentaries.
Not funny + lousy guests = useless show.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I love Conan. I'm suprised he said this as the majority of his fans are probably Ron Paul supporters. I'm sure he'll be getting e-mails. He is hilarious though.
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It seems as if the smears are starting to get childish which means they are getting desperate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join