It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'Brien just SEVERELY insulted Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I had the TV going as I was perusing ATS. I heard Conan say "check out Ron Paul's new campaign ad."
I like a good political satire, but aside from being painfully unfunny, it was extremely insulting.
Paul was portrayed as a foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic. A total psychopath. The last idiotic scene of the "ad" showed him with glowing red "devil" eyes. Of course, Conan's moronic audience loved it.

Michael Moore is on the show now. I'm done watching Conan, permanently. He's a jackass.

What I find puzzling is: What the hell has Paul ever done or said that has made him seem even
slightly irrational, let alone insane, as he was portrayed? He always comes off as the voice of reason.
As uninformed and ignorant as the American people are, they'll believe this crap!

At least Ron has John Stewart in his corner.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ColeYounger because: spelling edit

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Noooo!! I've had a long standing crush on Conan. This breaks my heart. I am incredibly shocked that he would do something like that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Is it possible it was meant to be sarcastic?

Maybe Conan is just trying to get back on NBC...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
What I find puzzling is: What the hell has Paul ever done or said that has made him seem even
slightly irrational, let alone insane, as he was portrayed? He always comes off as the voice of reason.
As uninformed and ignorant as the

To let Iran have nuclear bombs...

It is in essence like giving a loaded handgun to a two year old
to play with...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The way i see it who cares? They all turn out the same blood sucking monsters anyway sooo why not get the first joke right?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Free Speech,....Sometimes it grind against us. But it is what it is.
That being said, Conan was unfunny back in the early 2000's when I stopped watching his crap.

Every candidate since the beginning of America has had people who don't like them. Who cares what Conan thinks he's made of stupid. He's a comic, what on earth has he ever done Or could he do to strike a change in the world, a real change?

link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Satirize Politician you dislike: A-ok, heck join on in.

Satirize Ron Pau- F* RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!

I support the man, but I couldn't care less. Comedian scraping the bottom of the barrel for a laugh, sheep bite. What's new?
edit on 12/8/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

to play with...

he was on cnn today saying they have no intentions of creating a weapon out of it and that the us shouldnt be looking to start anymore illegal wars

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

to play with...

That's a terrible analogy, the 2 year old would begin shooting in every direction and may or may not ever hit anything.

Iran's leaders would have actual intent if they were so inclined and would most definitely hit something. So really, more like a 7, maybe 8 year old.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If Conan's ego were any larger, his head would pop like a birthday balloon. I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own chair, right next to his on set. If anyone would be annoyed by this skit, I'd just say, consider the source. It brings new meaning to Garbage in, Garbage out.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
He's in the business of making a mockery out of anyone who is outside the social norm...
...even if it's someone who is legitimately telling it how it is.

It's a shame.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The mainstream media have pigeon holed Ron Paul as a psycho the last time he ran for president, the quote that put him over the edge was this...

The moderator asks Ron Paul,

"Are you suggesting we invited the 911 attacks sir?"

Ron Paul replies with,

"I'm suggesting that, we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it"

youtube link

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Op- Why would you be watching Conan in the first place?

"Of course, Conan's moronic audience loved it."---coleyounger

Doesn't that make you part of his audience? Just asking?

edit on 8-12-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I give comedians a wide berth. I remember the SNL 'ads' where they'd say a candidate was an ax-murderer or something outrageous. Some of those were hilarious because they were so outrageous.

Let me reiterate...Conan's spoof ad did nothing but portray Paul as a flat-out lunatic.

It'll be on youtube soon enough if anyone is interested. You all can see what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Conan's bad political comedy is making me like him less and less. During the whole NBC debacle made me a huge Conan fan. I thought he was a regular guy getting screwed by the company and the guy who the company invested in "Jay Leno" But old conan and new conan are pretty different. If you watch his documentary you will see him at his worse, so I guess that changed him. Plus his new props, bad guests and lower quality show doesn't help him. It's why George Lopez got fired. I used to watch him everyday, now I don't because he spends a certain amount of each show bashing republicans. Although Andy does make a pretty good Newt Gingrinch and that is pretty funny.

That coupled with Jimmy Fallon's recent Bauchmann insult, is enough to put any conservative over the edge with the left media. It's not enough to have the liberal shows do it, now late night needs to get involved. There's plenty to make fun of that's not politics. But you won't ever find them insulting Obama. I think maybe a few tiny times.

Right now, I am seeing that Jay Leno is pretty harmless out of the three of them.
edit on 8-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It was hilarious. They were making fun of a real ad which is actually somewhat similar.

Portraying the old man as a badass.

ETA Link; www.youtube.com...

Somebody else can embed I'm clueless.
edit on 8/12/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Op- Why would you be watching Conan in the first place?

"Of course, Conan's moronic audience loved it."---coleyounger

Doesn't that make you part of his audience? Just asking?

edit on 8-12-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

No, not at all. Someone was channel-surfing when it came on. I have watched the show before, very rarely, and I'm certainly not a member of that jerkoff's audience!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This kind of fanatical devotion to Ron Paul needs to stop. Despite what you may believe he's not the Messiah. While I support some of his policies, he's not perfect. The fact is you should be excited about this. It means that Ron Paul is actually becoming a contender for the Republican nomination. Conan's just ahead of the curve. What are you going to do if he does actually get the nomination and then Stewart and Colbert are basing entire shows around making jokes about Paul?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Instead of glancing over to catch something out of context and getting so upset you wrote a thread on something you barely saw, you should have looked into it. You would have gotten the joke and not been so upset over nothing. Try watching the WHOLE episode or at least the WHOLE joke next time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
He also made fun of Donald Trump's hair -- honestly - should Conan be making fun of anyone's hair? The guy is DESPERATE for laughs at anyone's expense - that's his only agenda.

Not that the donald doesn't deserve it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join