It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The united states millitary would be rendered almost useless by an EMP, and your potential enemy's know it. The chinese will have drawn up contingency plans to to nullify the U.S and invade it very quickly if they needed too. Americans have become far to lax and complacent in their belief that they are untouchable millitarily. The sheer power of china on the warpath would be to terrible to imagine. They have outmaneuvered you in every other way possible, what makes you think war would be any different?

Sorry if anyone thinks this is anti-american ect, it's just the way I see it, nothing personal........

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
China already owns us. The majority of the US dept is owed to them. Keep in mind also, they are running out of land. They know it would be foolish to institue a nucular meltdown at our nuculear facilities because as you said, at that point the whole country and anyone near us would be uninhabitable. Most of our countries forclosure are being bought up by chineese money holders. Ask anyone living in las vegas right now, its a weekly news stoy. They have a vested interest not only to keep our land intact, but also to allow the US to continue to exist because its their bankbook at stake. If our country goes and our debt becomes null and void, so does china's economy.

Now don't get me wrong, this does not mean some other country may come along and try the same thing, but I can assure you it would not be china's doing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Even if one was detonated over the US or any country considered friendly China i gurantee you would be wiped off the map, and we`d go one step further and render the land uninhabitable over centuries, since the russians arre so chummy with the chiniese we wouldnt want to leave them out of the party either. If Bejing goes Moscow will go to. Washington, New York, an Los Angelis probably woudn`t be far behind, then its just nit-picking on cities and military installations of ever decreasing stategic value til the nukes run out or the radiation kills the cowards hiding in their bunkers. Mutual Assured Destruction is a B!tch isnt it?

But there is still a shiny hope that the Industrial Military Complex that no doubt controls this country surely hasnt been sitting on their thumbs all these years since the cold war. The "Star Wars" anti-ballistic missle program is fully functioning and operating daily monitoring, watching and waiting. All the money that gets poured into weapons research you`d think we`d have this scenario thought out pretty good considering all those years under a supposed nuclear threat from the Soviets.

EMP wont stop a trigger from being pulled, nor a claymore being set. If we are hit with EMP we can assume who ever fired it wanted to take the country intact as far as infrastucture and population goes.
hmmm sounds like a "Red Dawn" situation.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Any invading army to the US soil better have a death wish. Its not our armed forces they should fear, its a bunch of good ole` boys in a old Dodge pick-up drunk and armed to the teeth hell bent on revenge, and they would know the land better than any satellite image ever could. You think the Soviet invasion of Afgahnistan, or our Vietnam War was a guerrilla conflict, i feel sorry for the poor bastards that wander into my neck of the woods thinking they`re goning to take my home from me.

We build monster trucks for fun here, a definition of a good time for my kind of people always involves mud and horsepower, we fish with dynamite, play tag with fireworks and .50 anti-material rifles aren`t the biggest toys we bring to the party.

We will f up any army worse than a razor-bladed enema ever could.
Moneyback gurantee

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The united states millitary would be rendered almost useless by an EMP, and your potential enemy's know it. The chinese will have drawn up contingency plans to to nullify the U.S and invade it very quickly if they needed too. Americans have become far to lax and complacent in their belief that they are untouchable millitarily. The sheer power of china on the warpath would be to terrible to imagine. They have outmaneuvered you in every other way possible, what makes you think war would be any different?

Sorry if anyone thinks this is anti-american ect, it's just the way I see it, nothing personal........

You are quite right. At least when it comes to the public understanding of the eastern military strategy and equipment.

The public kids/teen would and does call the Russian and Chinese military for outdated old junk. But what stupidity that is when you look at what a EMP war can do to a high tech and dependent war machine.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In Call of Duty an EMP attack only lasts for 40 or seconds......Don't you worry, we will be up and running in no time

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
While I agree an EMP strike would affect citizens, I wouldn't go off the deep end into scaremongering territory. There are ways to protect against EMP, and if our military have known ways to protect against it since the 80s, just imagine how much more advanced they are today.

Protecting yourself from EMP
edit on 8-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

I wouldnt necessarily say that China owns us.....Nor would I say that China owns the majority of our debt........ The country is roughly $16 trillion dollars in debt, China owns close to $2 trillion of that debt, would you call that the majority? I wouldnt....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by Atzil321

Any invading army to the US soil better have a death wish. Its not our armed forces they should fear, its a bunch of good ole` boys in a old Dodge pick-up drunk and armed to the teeth hell bent on revenge, and they would know the land better than any satellite image ever could. You think the Soviet invasion of Afgahnistan, or our Vietnam War was a guerrilla conflict, i feel sorry for the poor bastards that wander into my neck of the woods thinking they`re goning to take my home from me.

We build monster trucks for fun here, a definition of a good time for my kind of people always involves mud and horsepower, we fish with dynamite, play tag with fireworks and .50 anti-material rifles aren`t the biggest toys we bring to the party.

We will f up any army worse than a razor-bladed enema ever could.
Moneyback gurantee

You are quite right, but you never know what intentions the aggressor have. They might not want to fight you on the ground while you are conscious. China and Russia are known for using chemical drugs to deem you incapable of resisting.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Any military around the world would be put to the test if they were faced with an EMP attack...The same could be said about Russia and China if we dropped an EMP on them... Luckily for the US, we have numerous military partners globally and we also have a nice chunk of our military overseas....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If the US was in a war with China, or WW3, where nukes were being launched I think that lack of power from a EMP and starving would be the last of our problems. Even if the EMP was a preemptive strike, there's NO WAY the US govt would just sit there and take it and do nothing, they would respond by launching nukes of our own and any country would know this so they would be launching nukes too. Thus massive amounts of nukes would be flying for both countries within hours.

So if the US got in a nuke war with any major country we'd all be dead within days long before we could "starve" or die to nuclear plants melting down, except of course the scumbag government who probably got us in the war in the first place. I'm sure they'd be safe and sound in their underground bunkers sending out "patriotic" radio messages while America's citizens all die in fire and brimstone. God, war is so damn stupid, no one will ever win if both sides have weapons of mass destruction.
edit on 8-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Any military around the world would be put to the test if they were faced with an EMP attack...The same could be said about Russia and China if we dropped an EMP on them... Luckily for the US, we have numerous military partners globally and we also have a nice chunk of our military overseas....

You are speculating in politics.
You have no guarantees that anyone will help you.

If the US is attacked, you can be sure the aggressor have your other bases and allies in mind as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Nice thread, but judging by the picture you provided. If that blast was that big and it affected Canada and Mexico...China would have more than just the USA to deal with. I'm sure Canada would be mad and declare war if they wasn't wiped out themselves. We always got NATO also, if they wiped us out over here our guys over there next door would make them pay. That's one good reason to build military bases in other countries, so your land where you reside isn't your only line of defense/offense.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
WHY?

This is paranoid nonsense.

The Chinese have the West by the proverbials due to the provision of most manufactured goods and the largest supplier of rare earths.

The WORST thing that China could do is allow anything to happen to their biggest customers. That means ensuring the West keeps ticking over

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK let's say your scenario plays out and China does launch an EMP attack, what do you think the US will do? Sit back and twiddle it's thumbs, or sulk and cry? The answer is no. The boomers (nuclear ICBM subs) they have scattered around the world's oceans would respond in kind and China's ability to wage war would be over. I'm sure another salvo of ICBMs would be launched at the US and everyone loses.

This is why I don't believe any government would be brazen enough to do an attack like that. Rouge elements maybe.
edit on 8-12-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Why do people always portray a one sided scenario? How many US navy subs are out in the sea at this very given moment?
How many of them are actually armed with Nukes and of what types of Nukes? Anyone has any idea?

It is very simple. Nuclear Bombs are a deterrant. Every country who has tested the weapon knows it. They also know what goes around comes around. If one country can destroy an entire country as the OP indicates with a EMP weapon then what makes you think that US hasn't already positioned their EMP weapons from space or subs at the possible threat?

Although the topic is good for possible scenarios, I think it lacks more juicy technical details. Dont forget that US by far has tested far more nukes than any other country in the world on land, space and sea. Do you think they just liked blasting them for fun? These were intended to completely study the mechanics and side effects of the weapon to its fullest extent in multiple environments. Do you think we know the minute detail that the poindexters working for the US Government published any and all information on the Net?
I dont think so. I wouldn't worry too much about such event. I have a lot of faith when it comes to our Defense/Military and its Capabilities.

Because immediately the MAD deterrent was established - your many and varied enemies said to themselves - hmmmm ok....how are we going to take them down now?

Obviously we can't beat them militarily, but we can cause them to collapse via cultural subversion, imperial overeach, strategic and political misdirection, economic warfare, cyber espionage, narco warfare, proxy terrorism etc etc etc.

As it is the NWO whose goal is also to take down the US prior to establishing a one world state - they simply co-opted Russia and China, which is why they became more 'capitalist' - whilst the West has become more Communist.

Do you really suppose that the marxist muslim in chief is going to launch any retaliation when an annonymous coastal freighter launches a bunch of scud rockets fitted with super EMP warheads.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have a question..is there a difference between an EMP and a CME? I mean we get hit by CME all the time from the sun?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
hope no one assigned this to their kill streak

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
Haha,damn chinese can't stop my bobber,runs on oldschool contact breaker points,guess i can cruise out ww3 in style
Yea! same with my '69 Chevy and Honda 305 Dream, My bicycle and feet work great too

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

If the current monetary system no longer works, and can not be fixed, then the goal would be to establish a monetary system that will work, learning,or profiting from former losses. So, if the Rothchilds can't make a profit from the current system, then establish a new one. I dont think you can do that for one country and not another based on debt. Start over by eliminating the debt, and surplus populace. War. In treaties lie new agreements and constitutions. Its a whole new world out there.......

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join