EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 11
21
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

We dont have large transformers just laying around to replace. they are made to order. lets say we do. how are you going to get the crew out there with no cars. how are you going to run all your fryed electrical tools. how are you going to pay your men. how are you even going to comunicate with your men to get to the job that needs to be fixed.

How are you going to get food and water to the job so these guys can rebuild the transformers. Lets say you fixed the transformers. how are you going to gather that crew and ship them 50 miles to the power plant to replace all the computer chips made in china to the power plant. how are you going to replace the generaters and get new ones shipped in after all the roads are blocked with dead cars!.



This raises a good question..Spare parts lets forget about the use of computer based systems for a few seconds that run our current infrastructure. We were able to run our power before with out the computer system we can do it again. Sure it would be spotty but with the lack of extra "digital devices" trying to hit the grid I think we can get something up and running again in time.

EMP would take us back a few decades in our tech but it would not send us to the dark ages. We built this country with our hands not computers we can do it again.




posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
An EMP over the middle US would suck. But would that effect our Naval Warships that have long range warheads on them?



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think the biggest issue regarding an EMP attack would be the rising of our welfare class. Not to be a b*tch but if the supermarkets empty and water doesn't come out of the faucet and heaven forbid food stamp cards stop working, then you will have massive rioting. The “I deserve” part of society would want to be taken care of or else, they will take what they feel they deserve. The US could rally but the young would have to start listening to the old. The old being those that never jumped into the technology age, the ones that know farming, mechanics, blacksmithing, etc... the people would have to learn to work, and work hard.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66
 


Again, where's the energy coming from. That's a lot of power.


Its not so mush about how much power that is needed, as it is for creating the right pulse/frequency as fast as possible. To achieve this you need very very quick reaction trigger mechanisms to set of the blast fast enough to create the right pulse needed.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKilluminati
Here's a solid article from BBC, Hu Jintao ordering the Chinese navy to be combat ready, posted December 7th, 2011

Chinese Navy Preparing For War
edit on 8-12-2011 by KingKilluminati because: (no reason given)


Don't all militaries in the world prepare and train for war? I think the BBC is trying to sensationalize something that is quite obvious for page hits and effect.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
With the economy starting its collapse and tensions heating up with China, Russia, Syria, and Iran, we might want to get ready for WWIII. If WWIII was really going to play out, I have a full belief that China would EMP the USA. Really, China has the ability to wipe America out with one nuke blast 300 miles up over the county and creating an EMP blast!





sniff , sniff .... smells like fear mongering to me . i don't see the US letting anything just drift into the middle of the country to be exploded. in my opinion, that includes a satelite " oh wow look there is a chinese satelite just drifting over US airspace... well lets just let it drift..." no, sorry it would be wacked by our own space based weapons long befor that happened



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
An EMP over the middle US would suck. But would that effect our Naval Warships that have long range warheads on them?


Most military key command electronics are properly shielded from an EMP attack. Our military would more than likely be able to carry on just fine. Civilian infrastructure would be devastated and millions would die, but it's not like we as humans were raised with electronics or electricity. The strong would survive just fine. It would be those people stuck of the gobermint teat that would parish first!



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I agree with the OP. If China or Russia set of a EMP from space, not by a long range missile but by a orbital drifter. It would be very hard for the US to retaliate, For two reasons;

1. satellite receivers and other above ground communication receivers would shot down immediately. No communication. This will delay out going warnings. This will create a confusion and time will be spent on gathering intel about what happened.

2. The US would not know who attacked, because its external sensors shut down. The once above ground.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)


so,..... you don't think that the US would not use some of its own space based weapons to destroy any kind of orbital drifter........



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
An EMP may be scary, but not terribly realistic unless we are going to get nuked/invaded shortly afterward...

en.wikipedia.org...

However, terrorists can build one of these for about $200 worth of parts from ebay and about 10 pounds of home-made explosive, fired near a substation would take out a city's power grid completely. Imagine an attack using a few dozen at once, different places, well placed. The first two designs pulse in the KHz-Mhz range, the final design can be made to pulse up into the GHz range. Paranoid enough yet?



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by camaro68ss

We dont have large transformers just laying around to replace. they are made to order. lets say we do. how are you going to get the crew out there with no cars. how are you going to run all your fryed electrical tools. how are you going to pay your men. how are you even going to comunicate with your men to get to the job that needs to be fixed.

How are you going to get food and water to the job so these guys can rebuild the transformers. Lets say you fixed the transformers. how are you going to gather that crew and ship them 50 miles to the power plant to replace all the computer chips made in china to the power plant. how are you going to replace the generaters and get new ones shipped in after all the roads are blocked with dead cars!.



This raises a good question..Spare parts lets forget about the use of computer based systems for a few seconds that run our current infrastructure. We were able to run our power before with out the computer system we can do it again. Sure it would be spotty but with the lack of extra "digital devices" trying to hit the grid I think we can get something up and running again in time.

EMP would take us back a few decades in our tech but it would not send us to the dark ages. We built this country with our hands not computers we can do it again.


You should read about E1, E2 and E3 EMPs. If you get a EMP combination of E1 and E3 you can kiss everything good by. You would have to build up the power grid from scratch.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

Originally posted by spy66
I agree with the OP. If China or Russia set of a EMP from space, not by a long range missile but by a orbital drifter. It would be very hard for the US to retaliate, For two reasons;

1. satellite receivers and other above ground communication receivers would shot down immediately. No communication. This will delay out going warnings. This will create a confusion and time will be spent on gathering intel about what happened.

2. The US would not know who attacked, because its external sensors shut down. The once above ground.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)


so,..... you don't think that the US would not use some of its own space based weapons to destroy any kind of orbital drifter........


Sure they would, but they would have to spot it first and figure out if it is a weapon or not.

There Is a lot of junk drifting around in space. And a lot of junk satellites with radiation signatures, but they are not all seen as being weapons.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
please, you guys wake up! the whole china russia iran thing is a front. they all work together. this battle will be a galactic battle. do you really think bush intiated star wars weapons for russia when they have bases on the moon and mars together? look at the military uniforms they all have the same symbols on them. its frustrating sometimes these dudes have everybody so programmed. tptb know mother earth is ascending and do not want this to happen. thats the reason for chemtrails to block energy from the sun. vaccinations to destroy dna. cause if she ascends you ascend if you can match vibrations.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001
 


There was quite a lot of American fear when China was able to shoot down one of its own satellites.

If the US shoots down a Chinese satellite, you can bet you back side that Chine will do the same and target American satellites.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
. . . except if China does the EMP dance with the US it will lose quite a bit of paying customers. And then our subs mariners will lay waste to their country and nobody wins. But maybe they didn't think about all that yet! Yikes - I'm going to go buy myself a Tommy Gun and build a lean-to.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66
 


All EMPs that cause widespread damage are nuclear to my knowledge.

And Like I said, we replace technology a lot. We replace a few parts, we're good to go.


Cept that all the spares on the shelves were fried too, oh - and all the machines that make the spares too, and all the cars of the employees that make them, plus all the computers, cell phones etc - then there are no power stations working, or back up generators - or even any light bulbs. Yup you had better send a runner to go fetch the Amish because they are the only ones prepared for this!

Then of course there is no food in the supermarkets, there are no police or military around, no street lights, no radio television, internet - nothing! .......yeah sure you'll be 'good to go!'



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
plus we have military bases all over the world we would still be able to reply with attacks from somewhere else and china knows it



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 

An EMP attack would be hell. What happened in Irvine, CA when power been out for a week from the high winds made that place hell. I heard people threaten to kill power crews for not turning on the power fast enough. I can't imagine this happening in a wide scale that last for years, it would be total chaos and riots.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You do realize we have 100 fold their technology right? Do you not think we have Nukes and EMPs as well? Probably more advanced ... much more?


So .. they can EMP or Nuke all day long. They will be just as doomed as we are.



Most of you should note most of this has been planned and is on paper. There are strategies for every kind of scenario. It will be Chaos , but America wont be down for the count ... long.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How about this: we have a faked or real local EMP, and they just simply turn off the grid using a computer virus put in place long ago making it look a LOT worse than it really is. Then blame Iranian extremists with a N. Korean or Pakistani nuke. Leave grid off long enough to get people VERY uncomfortable- enough to willingly move, but not so extreme that it makes people desperate. Take advantage to "default" on debt and start WW-III to boot.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is likely, if not the reason, then at least one of the unstated reasons for us pursuing a missile defense system. The proposition that we would pursue a missile defense shield because we're worried about Iran or other nations eventually acquiring a nuclear delivery platform that could threaten us (which is pretty absurd at this stage anyway, in my opinion,) but not be concerned about China or other countries that do have or are on the way to having the capability to do this to us, is absurd in my view. This pretty much has to be on the minds of those planning and testing missile defense capabilities, as well as space-based weapons platforms.

As others have said, though, if any country launches a first strike nuclear attack of any kind on the United States, the entire world will not long be survivable (at least in any major population centers) for a long, long time thereafter. Mutually assured destruction didn't go away with the end of the Cold War. The rhetoric just did. Any nuclear first strike on us would be met by swift and massive nuclear retaliation, which would in turn be met with massive retaliation from our enemies, and so on.

If it comes to this, we're all doomed essentially. This is the only real world scenario that actually meets the level of "doom" people discuss on ATS all the time in my opinion. Fortunately, for that reason, it seems improbable unless some legitimately irrational, insane, psychopathic individuals seize control either here or in another nuclear-armed power. (Yes, I know our current leaders and those elsewhere may fit that bill in some people's minds... but they don't seem be irrational enough to want to destroy the sources of their power, i.e. everyone, everywhere.)



  exclusive video


new topics
top topics
 
21
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join