It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
Can someone say: FEARMONGERING?

Nothing else to say, 1 EMP will wipe all US satellites...Werent you the 1% too? Why do you worry about us puny humans?

yeap, just one. since when was reallity and the truth fearmongering? that word gets thrown around to much

I worry because i dont want to loss my power as the 1% and i dont want my 99%er slaves to die off.

edit on 8-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article I came across, it was written in November 2010, apparently the Chinese already hit the U.S Navy with a EMP and escaped.

Chinese EMP attack prompts US Missile Strike

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

You should read your Post one more time. For the GPS system to work it need electrical components, processors and sensors. And these sensors are drifted by a electrical current of electrons.

Satellites will not stand a chance against a EMP.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by majesticgent

You should read your Post one more time. For the GPS system to work it need electrical components, processors and sensors. And these sensors are drifted by a electrical current of electrons.

Satellites will not stand a chance against a EMP.

How would they just target US satelites and only US satelites??? The United States has satelites all around the world, how do you expect them to get EVERY one of them off line? US also has destroyers, nuclear subs, and carriers all around the world that can communicate with satelites and launch attacks...China cant cripple the US by releasing an EMP over the country...It will effect us stateside, but we have plenty of resources around the world.....
edit on 8-12-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Huh??? The ICMBs I listed do not use satellites at all for guidance. They use GSP which is simply put rotating warheads that spin at a rate to accurately bring them back into orbit and detonate over their target. Satellites have nothing to do with their guidance what so ever.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by camaro68ss

EMPs can be countered with the correct assortment of materials and devices. They are not a technological apocalypse. Most of that crap gets exchanged for better tech every 3 or so years anyway.

To be prepared for a EMP you have to know about it long before it hits you. The EMP current travels close to the speed of light.

Not all EMPs are nuclear, so it is very hard to detect when it comes as a conventional warhead.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKilluminati
Here's an interesting article I came across, it was written in November 2010, apparently the Chinese already hit the U.S Navy with a EMP and escaped.

I recall the cruise ship and I thought that maybe it was an EMP. That Sorcha guy that wrote the article you noted is sometime questionable, plus these strange Russian articles that pop up, but... I recall when they finally towed that ship in there was not many news stories from the passengers. I saw some but not from an intellect that was on the boat instead you heard from some lady who was upset cause she couldn't shower.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If they attack my iPad....We got to war!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The American government has been trying to prepare for an EMP. The article linked shows that in the past the issue has been aknowledged. Our current administration did cuts so preparing has not advanced

DOD has also published “Mil-Standard 188-125,” which describes methods for protecting against a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse for ground-based command and control facilities.[69] However, not all military systems are currently hardened against EMP. In addition, some DOD systems rely on commercial facilities, such as communications satellites and ground-based stations, to support military operations.

[url=http://]http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/08/before-the-lights-go-out-a-survey-of-emp-preparedness-reveals-significant-shortfalls[/ur l]

www.heritage.org...

edit on 8-12-2011 by AuntB because: my links never work

edit on 8-12-2011 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

You're right the author of the article is questionable. I'm checking the website now for newer articles and sorcha posted one that claims China is ordering It's military to prepare for World War 3

True or False?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's a solid article from BBC, Hu Jintao ordering the Chinese navy to be combat ready, posted December 7th, 2011

Chinese Navy Preparing For War
edit on 8-12-2011 by KingKilluminati because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by AuntB

You're right the author of the article is questionable. I'm checking the website now for newer articles and sorcha posted one that claims China is ordering It's military to prepare for World War 3

True or False?
I woulld say false. But the Chinese are always doing something- 4 years ago they bought all of our concrete, them our metal. They are blatently ramping up for something.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If that's what it takes to put an end to these damn kardashians then so be it !

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

All EMPs that cause widespread damage are nuclear to my knowledge.

And Like I said, we replace technology a lot. We replace a few parts, we're good to go.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by spy66

Huh??? The ICMBs I listed do not use satellites at all for guidance. They use GSP which is simply put rotating warheads that spin at a rate to accurately bring them back into orbit and detonate over their target. Satellites have nothing to do with their guidance what so ever.

By reading this information, where does it say it can find its target? This just mentions flight control not navigation.

The Gyro Stabilized Platform (GSP) measures acceleration and transforms it to velocity which is provided with attitude information to the guidance computer during flight. This data is required so that accurate and proper flight control of the missile is obtained. The GSP also provides level detector and gyrocompass information and accepts control signals so that platform attitude constants are obtained and the platform is properly aligned prior to missile launch.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

And Like I said, we replace technology a lot. We replace a few parts, we're good to go.

We dont have large transformers just laying around to replace. they are made to order. lets say we do. how are you going to get the crew out there with no cars. how are you going to run all your fryed electrical tools. how are you going to pay your men. how are you even going to comunicate with your men to get to the job that needs to be fixed.

How are you going to get food and water to the job so these guys can rebuild the transformers. Lets say you fixed the transformers. how are you going to gather that crew and ship them 50 miles to the power plant to replace all the computer chips made in china to the power plant. how are you going to replace the generaters and get new ones shipped in after all the roads are blocked with dead cars!.

a little awnser of " we have spare parts" is not going to cut it. Every system we have is build on top of another system.
edit on 8-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

All warheads that cause widespread damage of EMPs are blasted at high altitude. What causes the blast doesn't matter as long as it is strong enough to push electrons from the atoms in the atmosphere towards the ground.

And there are conventional warheads that can do this just as good as a nuclear blast. Super EMPs are shaped conventional warheads.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Might want to check your machine. When going to that site. My antivirus blocked it:

Infection Details URL: www.whatdoesitmean.com...
Process: file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Fi...
Infection: js:Redirector-JK [Trj]

This could be a false flag but wanted to let you know.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Some radios would still work.

Some older technology would still work.

If you're stuff is in a basement, it will likely have some functionality, depending on stuff like if your house accidentally creates a Faraday cage.

www.dtic.mil...

It would not be the end of the world as we know it. More accurately, just a minor 3-5 year delay.

You cannot create energy. There is only so much destructive pulse left. It's not universal. When it hits, it hits. When it misses, it misses.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Again, where's the energy coming from. That's a lot of power.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join