It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I agree with the OP. If China set off an EMP from space, not by a long range missile but by a orbital drifter. It would be very hard for the US to retaliate, For two reasons;

- The US would not know who attacked, because its external sensors shut down. The ones above ground.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Balogna. The EMP shell would fall into North America, be cheaply made, and read MADE IN CHINA.

edit on 12/8/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I agree with you on that. We do have countermeasures,missle defense shield,orbital hardware,and other
nasty secrets as well.
It is generally not a good idea to anger Uncle Neutron...I mean Uncle Sam.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

You should watch the whole episode then instead of the clip because you know not

a thing about which you speak. The coil within the cylinder....oh nevermind.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Guys.. if this was a real threat then it would have happened already. Why would a country wait when they could take out a super power completely in an instant? Why would the U.S. wait?

The reason why is because it wouldn't be how it is described in this thread. We would know exactly who did it and still be plenty functional enough to retaliate and hold them off. Massive undertakings would go under way and things would be fixed asap.

Also, a question earlier piqued my interest. Why exactly wouldn't the earths magnetosphere stop an emp detonated in space?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

America is not bullet proof. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So many people here asking questions, and making conclusions that are erroneous, I keep wanting to respond and put up some links and info, but I eventually just realized it was too much. I have been researching this for years, and in my opinion this is the biggest and most likely threat hanging over our heads today, and government agencies have come to the same conclusion.

I have started threads here on this before, and it always surprises me how few people have any interest in gaining knowledge about this possibility and what it would entail, and how one could be prepared.

All I'll do here, then, is just encourage people to research further! Really! If you are even motivated to do so just because you want to prove it is NOT a threat, go for it! I am convinced you will change your mind....but it is worth educating yourself about even if you don't.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

but most power stations and cars and airplanes (things made of metal), will be just fine and dandy.

I believe you are mistaken here. But even if you are not, this is a bet I am not willing to make. You can if you want to, but I will be hanging on to my vehicle with points instead of electronic ignition.

The good old days were good for a good reason!
ya baby...i gotta 1975 dodge 22ft mobile home...can i get a amen!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

but most power stations and cars and airplanes (things made of metal), will be just fine and dandy.

I believe you are mistaken here. But even if you are not, this is a bet I am not willing to make. You can if you want to, but I will be hanging on to my vehicle with points instead of electronic ignition.

ya baby...i gotta 1975 dodge 22ft mobile home...can i get a amen!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
People were saying the samething before Pearl Harbor. "Well attack first and everything will be ok"
Well with 95% of the army not harddend to an EMP attack, we are missing something!

Yes, you are missing a lot.

First, who do you think is to "blame" for China having nukes in the first place? Yes, THE US of A.

I don't wanna go into complex political arena, it serves no purpose ... but if you think the US and Russia are such enemies. Why the HELL is USA in Afghanistan, doing the same the Russians were doing in the 80's?

You have absolutely no understanding of the political arena ... don't bother yourself with trying.

And, if we ASSUME that China is so stupid as to strike the US. The very country that is ascertening China's survival. The very country, to which China anchors it's yen, so it can export cheaply. The very country that has ALL it's factories in China, including NASA being in China and being the REAL power behind China's areal, missile and space advances.

IF we ASSUME China is so stupid ... hell, I'll applaude them. I'm European and I don't care one goddam for China or the US. Let these two traitors to the human race, nuke each other ... and the rest of us, can start having a life.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Ghost375

Couldn't agree more. Also, it has been proven that the brain operates at a lower frequency when the individual is afraid. People who are afraid all the time become dumbed-down and narrowminded. (if they weren't already narrowminded that is...)

That explains alot in regards to this site.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The U.S and China won't go to nuclear war against each other for the same reason the U.S and Russia didn't. Because it's MAD. And you can bet your lollypop that the ICMB silos in both countries are proofed against any EMP device.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

What about your coil and solenoid?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I can just see the teenagers when their phones and texts go dead, the computers go blank, the lights go off, and the clocks in the house go blank.

They cant call mom or dad or Betsy or text Billy, or turn on the news, the computers, their IPhones, IPads....they just have no clue about how bad all this is. No Police, Fire Dept, Ambulances. And all this WONT be coming back on. Not in 10 minutes, tonight, tomorrow or even next week.

Hour after hour and day after day of nothing. Not knowing whats happening with their friends, family, no news....just sitting there staring at nothing.

And it just takes ONE EMP.

Thanks for this thread.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If any country was to attempt to invade North America than it would be Korea. And yes you must hit all of North America or you will miss Alaska...

Why would China attack the US with an EMP and then not invade? The only reason to take out a super power is for there natural resources. This is why the super powers are securing small countries.

And let's think about the after effect of an EMP? What's that county's next step? Nothing because your going to still have a well armed, educated population. That will be able to adapt and survey. Many of us would establish smaller forms of public services as well as establishing communication, resources and security.

Just a mini rant

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
The U.S and China won't go to nuclear war against each other for the same reason the U.S and Russia didn't. Because it's MAD. And you can bet your lollypop that the ICMB silos in both countries are proofed against any EMP device.

And that is exactly why a proxy EMP is the most likely form they will use - the aim is to collapse the civillian infrastructure of the US whilst avoiding a MAD scenario. After a year or so of no oil, failed infrastructure, social collapse, famine civil war etc etc - who do you suppose is going to be manning the Nuke missiles silos or subs?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

will tin foil protect my cell and laptop from emp if its in a foil wrapped bag or do i need a lead vault? thanks for your post op

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This whole thread is FUD.

Just sayin.

Line of sight: nuclear detonations have been filmed.

"EMP effects would be felt as far away as...": that's not an absolute amount. certain things get affected more than others, and you'd be surprised at what is inadvertently shielded.

"80% of the Army isn't shielded...": because some grunt would know what the PO specs are on any given device, let alone what the producer was contracted to provide, LET ALONE what exactly constitutes "EMP shielding."

Haven't we been over this already???

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

China's infrastructure is more oil-dependant than we are.

One well placed nuke by us and they'd go right back to the stone age, and be worse off than America.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by steveknows

And that is exactly why a proxy EMP is the most likely form they will use - the aim is to collapse the civillian infrastructure of the US whilst avoiding a MAD scenario. After a year or so of no oil, failed infrastructure, social collapse, famine civil war etc etc - who do you suppose is going to be manning the Nuke missiles silos or subs?

And the very second the Chinese did that there's no doubt the U.S would launch its ICBM's because of what would without doubt follow which brings us right back to the MAD factor which again comes back to the very reason China wouldn't even use an EMP device.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't understand why China would want to go to war with the U.S. We buy way too much stuff from them. The impact on their economy would be disastrous for them. Kinda like "biting the hand that feeds you"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join