It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Besides, the most important thing, our nuclear arsenal, is fully shielded against any such attack. So they would be in for a hell of a firestorm if they tried that crap.

Yeah, you'll see how important your nuclear weapons are when there's no food or running water and society is in chaos mode.

I seriously doubt that there would only be one atmospheric nuclear blast used in an EMP attack. There are specialized EMP weaponry out there so why waste nukes? And obviously more would be used to intensify the attack, because the EMP's effectiveness would dissipate further along the EMP wave.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by spy66
I agree with the OP. If China set off an EMP from space, not by a long range missile but by a orbital drifter. It would be very hard for the US to retaliate, For two reasons;

- The US would not know who attacked, because its external sensors shut down. The ones above ground.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Balogna. The EMP shell would fall into North America, be cheaply made, and read MADE IN CHINA.

edit on 12/8/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

If the shell fragments fall down on the US is very unlikely. The EMP will explode way above atmosphere, where these tiny fragments will be blasted into million tiny pieces, these pieces will probably never reach ground. But burn up on entry.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

The U.S and China won't go to nuclear war against each other for the same reason the U.S and Russia didn't. Because it's MAD. And you can bet your lollypop that the ICMB silos in both countries are proofed against any EMP device.

And that is exactly why a proxy EMP is the most likely form they will use - the aim is to collapse the civillian infrastructure of the US whilst avoiding a MAD scenario. After a year or so of no oil, failed infrastructure, social collapse, famine civil war etc etc - who do you suppose is going to be manning the Nuke missiles silos or subs?

And the very second the Chinese did that there's no doubt the U.S would launch its ICBM's because of what would without doubt follow which brings us right back to the MAD factor which again comes back to the very reason China wouldn't even use an EMP device.

Go and look up PROXY in the dictionary!!!

Chances are it would be an anonymous coastal freighter or sub - who are you going to retaliate against?? - NK Iran, Russia, China, AQ, Venezuela?

Besides Obama is fully on board with this - this is what the NWO wants - America out of the equation whilst they re-organise the world.

You remember Bill Ayres - the Weather Underground used to discuss things such as which parts of the US would be occupied by which foreign troops after the revolution, Russia China Korea etc - and how many americans they would have to execute because they couldn't be 're-educated' in their camps they planned.

This is the Ayes that started Obamas political campaign and wrote his 'autobiography' for him. When the US is attacked Obama is going to do # - and he's is the only one with the nuclear codes - you are screwed beyond measure!!!.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Today the ICBMs are loaded with EMPs, decoys and warheads all in one ICBM. The EMP warhead will never leave orbit like the decoys and nuclear warheads. Its a two stage attack in one ICBM.

In the 1980s the initial first strike would be a barrage of EMP ICBMs fallowed by ICBMs loaded with decoys and nuclear warheads.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The U.S and China won't go to nuclear war against each other for the same reason the U.S and Russia didn't. Because it's MAD. And you can bet your lollypop that the ICMB silos in both countries are proofed against any EMP device.

And that is exactly why a proxy EMP is the most likely form they will use - the aim is to collapse the civillian infrastructure of the US whilst avoiding a MAD scenario. After a year or so of no oil, failed infrastructure, social collapse, famine civil war etc etc - who do you suppose is going to be manning the Nuke missiles silos or subs?

And the very second the Chinese did that there's no doubt the U.S would launch its ICBM's because of what would without doubt follow which brings us right back to the MAD factor which again comes back to the very reason China wouldn't even use an EMP device.

Go and look up PROXY in the dictionary!!!

Chances are it would be an anonymous coastal freighter or sub - who are you going to retaliate against?? - NK Iran, Russia, China, AQ, Venezuela?

Besides Obama is fully on board with this - this is what the NWO wants - America out of the equation whilst they re-organise the world.

You remember Bill Ayres - the Weather Underground used to discuss things such as which parts of the US would be occupied by which foreign troops after the revolution, Russia China Korea etc - and how many americans they would have to execute because they couldn't be 're-educated' in their camps they planned.

This is the Ayes that started Obamas political campaign and wrote his 'autobiography' for him. When the US is attacked Obama is going to do # - and he's is the only one with the nuclear codes - you are screwed beyond measure!!!.

Yes and I said as soon as China did it. You think the U.S doesn't know who's ships are really who's off shore? In the 70's and 80's Australian warships used to buzz " friendly European" fishing boats registerd in friendly countries and fishing just outside Australian waters because the boats were cram packed with lots of electronic goodies evesdropping and the Russians just hated it when a DDG came in close looking like it wanted to kill and leave them swaying from side to side till they threw up. You think the U.S wouldn't know?

And you might have been worth having a debate with until you vomited the NWO crap.
edit on 8-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Today the ICBMs are loaded with EMPs, decoys and warheads all in one ICBM. The EMP warhead will never leave orbit like the decoys and nuclear warheads. Its a two stage attack in one ICBM.

In the 1980s the initial first strike would be a barrage of EMP ICBMs fallowed by ICBMs loaded with decoys and nuclear warheads.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

However, I think that the capability for an EMP-only strike is plausible. In my opinion, an EMP would be more practically used by a ground device. This way, it wouldn't be detected as an incoming missile. It would also spread a lot of panic fast without any prior notice.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yeah, that sounds about right.

However, I think that the capability for an EMP-only strike is plausible. In my opinion, an EMP would be more practically used by a ground device. This way, it wouldn't be detected as an incoming missile. It would also spread a lot of panic fast without any prior notice.

How EMPs will be used depends on the battle field scenario. Short range cruise missiles can all have this function. The thing is that a EMP warhead today dont have to be a nuclear device, it can be in the shape of a conventional warhead.

Russia also have conventional impact bombs/artillery that can give high EMP pulses at ground level.

This means that within a conventional war EMPs can be used without warning. To conventional ground troops and hardware the initial blast will seam conventional until every electronic device around them shut down.

The big question is; is a conventional EMP warhead enough to trigger a nuclear all out war?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
To us westerners, we like to call Russians and Chinese military for old junk. But the thing is Russia learned a lot from the American EMP blast conducted in 1962 and their own EMP blast experiment.

In 1962 the American noticed that the EMP didn't have such a impact on electronic devices as they thought it would have. But that is because in the 1960s electronics were a lot more robust and tolerant then electronics are in today's war mechanics. Our society and war machinery were a lot less dependent on electronics in the 1960s, Everything was mostly mechanical and robust. That is not the case in today's society, at least not in the western part of the world.

The Russian and Chinese war machine is actually very well suited for a conventional war where EMPs are being used.

EMPs will hurt the western military more than it will hurt the Russian and Chinese. And i can add Iran. Iran also have EMP weapons, probably since 2004.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just a question since I am so dumb: if whatever electronic unit is switched off (idle) at the time of EMP, would it be immune from it? Also, would it affect spare parts? I am honestly curious, that's all. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
Just a question since I am so dumb: if whatever electronic unit is switched off (idle) at the time of EMP, would it be immune from it? Also, would it affect spare parts? I am honestly curious, that's all. Thanks in advance.

No, it wont help if the electronics are turned off. The EMP current will destroy passive equipment that are not shielded. That also means spare parts that are not shielded from the electrons by a massive cooper housing or a complete isolated/air tight metal container; for instance.

Remember that electricity are moving electron through a cooper wire. A EMP is also moving electrons, it is just that the EMP electrons are moving through air not a cooper wire.

By air tight, the seal has to be metal against metal sealing. A seal made from rubber or silicone or Teflon wont help.

Remember you also have to isolate the earthing. Earth is a channel for lectrons to travel to the electronic harware. Electrons travel both ways, to earth and to the hardware.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is all a relief, my engine light is on and I have to get an E-check, come on EMP blast!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Also, knowing the history of our war machine of a country, you dont think we would strike first? Plus the US is not stupid and Im sure your uncle is not the first to have thought of this possibility of an EMP. DO NOT underestimate the USA.

People were saying the samething before Pearl Harbor. "Well attack first and everything will be ok"
Well with 95% of the army not harddend to an EMP attack, we are missing something!
edit on 7-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

ya, but the Gov. let Pearl Harbor happen. We would probably strike first, or simultaneously hit each other. wouldn't that be something if this played out..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You think they can keep track of every freighter and container coming close to the US - and tell whats on board it?

The Russian-developed Club-K container missile system is a modified cargo container that effectively transforms any freighter into a missile launching platform. The Club-K enables four cruise missiles to be loaded into any standard 40-foot shipping container, disguising it among regular cargo freight

empactamerica.org...
reply to post by steveknows

Iran has successfully tested ship-launched Scuds in the Caspian Sea, along with detonation tests at apogee of its Shahab-3 medium-range missile. The range of Iran’s Shahab-3missile (1,200 kms) ismore than sufficient for launching an EMP over the United States from international waters. Other states also have the required resources: At least nine countries currently possess nuclear capabilities, including North Korea (known to have helped Syria develop nuclear capabilities), Pakistan, Iraq, Libya, China and Russia (both of which have sold nuclear material to Iran).

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just build a huge Faraday cage over America!

WW3 averted.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Do you discount retaliation from submarine? And of course the exact number remains unknown (by most) though I'm sure the enemy has a fairly close count. These would remain after such a scenario as you propose, to retaliate. Though one bomb is more or less destructive as a thousand, it's just a slower death for the rest of the world. "Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die"
**************************************************************************************************************

The Ohio class is a class of nuclear-powered submarines used by the United States Navy. The United States has 18 Ohio-class submarines:

* 14 nuclear-powered SSBNs (fleet ballistic missile submarines (FBM)), each armed with up to 24 Trident II SLBMs; they are also known as "Trident" submarines, and provide the sea-based leg of the nuclear triad of the United States strategic nuclear weapons arsenal
* 4 nuclear-powered SSGNs (cruise missile submarines), each capable of carrying 154 Tomahawk cruise missiles with either conventional or nuclear warheads

***************************************************************************************************************
This info was simply found by typing in "Americas submarine fleet" I'm sure the actual number varies, and this is just 'one' type of submarines in our arsenal.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What I'm getting at is,

ASSURED MUTUAL DESTRUCTION.......... do you think foreign adversaries want to risk that? It's just 'Cold War Tactics as usual'..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
What I'm getting at is,

ASSURED MUTUAL DESTRUCTION.......... do you think foreign adversaries want to risk that? It's just 'Cold War Tactics as usual'..

Jeezus does no-one ever read the posts! - That is why they would get Iran or NK to do it - and probably annonymously at that!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
um, why would the EMP radius be larger the higher altitude that the blast occurs? EMP's aren't nukes...there's no fallout from EMPs. it's a direct blast that goes through most solid material as fast as it does gaseous material. The higher up it is, the less of a radius there'd be.

...but it doesn't go through Earth or follow the diameter of the Earth. It is line of sight only, so the higher you set it off, the further it will affect things.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
EMP, thats why anyone serious about Survival, should at least have a few PMA motors and other eletronic devices inside a small but effective faraday cage, the cage should be grounded very well. I built a faraday cage around my bunker, and have put extra PMA's (permanent magnetic alternators) inside which would create energy for my windmills, along with some invertors, voltage control boxes, solar panels, batteries, etc.... If you are serious about Survival, than this is a must. Of course you dont have to build massive metal cages, just some small ones that are well grounded and you can fit some of your survival equipment inside. if your going to spend the money on all of this survival equipment, then one of the cheapest and easiest to build would be a faraday cage to protect all your goodies. just a thought

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Im sure we have counterattack measures in place...we have nukes overseas as well...so if China did this...they would soon be in the same boat...im also sure we have a plan somewhere specifically to deal with this...im not saying itll be instantly back up...but I mean I have my own plan...I can maintain for 2 months with absolutely no outside help...after that Id have to work a bit...so all we can do is prepare ourselves..find like minded friends and try to make it through the first year.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join