It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It must be strange to be a truly beautiful woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Suppose you were a truly physically stunning woman, or even just an above-average good looker. It must be a really peculuar life to live. First of all, from an early age all these strange, vaguely menacing creatures start leering at you, men of all ages, you start getting all kinds of attention, welcome or not. Everywhere you go people are superfically nicer to you than your peers. Especially men. You can wrap men of all kinds around your finger. As Jerry Harrison sang, "pretty girl, a pretty girl. Can walk anywhere. All doors open for her." But maybe at the same time you are frustrated that people don't take you seriously enough. The conversations you start...all seem to end in one way. And with so many men swarming around you all the time, what does it do to your perception of what a relationship is?

Then time goes by and your beauty fades. Like all things. And you notice people making less of an effort to go out of their way for you. Fewer kind gentlemen opening doors, smiles that are a little less wide. As youyr beauty ebbs, so does the attention you've basked in your whole life, with all the positives and negatives that come with it. It must feel like being a fish out of water, suddenly something you took for granted is gone. And then you are just another gray wrinkled person, like everyone else.

Must be a weird, weird life. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i must ask, are you a man or an older beautiful woman?

I am neither.

If you're an older beautiful woman it's not an age thing, it's a society thing. people just aren't as polite as they used to be. men aren't so much gentlemen anymore.

True beauty lives in the heart.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As a guy, i am stunningly good looking and i don’t get tired of the attention. Its weird to always have women look down at your pants when you’re talking to them though.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I would not say I am a "stunner" by any means but when I was younger I used to walk around anywhere in public and notice guys always looking at me. As I grew older, I noticed that the head turns began to stop and I must admit I got a bit upset over it. Now I find that if I am nice to people they are usually nice back - I use my personality now to get what I want.

I have just evolved over time. I don't call it getting old anymore, I just call it evolving!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
i must ask, are you a man or an older beautiful woman?

I am a man. Who likes women. Beautiful and otherwise.

I just am intetrested in this because the psychology must be so diffefrent. People start treating you differently when you are probably too young to understand what a powerful weapon it is. And then you get used to being treated a certain way. And then you have to re-learn everything again. It can't be easy.

However it can't be said that ageing is easy for men either as they watch their physical strength fall apart, or find themselves falling by the wayside in the business world as newer, more aggressive males step to the plate...its an ancient story for man that in the past ususally ended with old corpses and young triumphant alpha dogs taking their breif day in the sun before meeting the reaper themselves.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Probably a lot like being a good-looking and charming guy

Ugly/fat people don't get nearly the same amount of opportunities and attention
edit on 6-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I agree with the ugly and fat part. But I make my own oprotunity with my charm personality.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
As a guy, i am stunningly good looking and i don’t get tired of the attention. Its weird to always have women look down at your pants when you’re talking to them though.

and it's uncomfortable when a guy talks to my chest, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Who thinks about this kind of stuff? If you aren't a beautiful woman or an older woman that was previously beautiful then you are simply just creeping me out right now. Stay away from my gf creep!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedogdiary
Who thinks about this kind of stuff? If you aren't a beautiful woman or an older woman that was previously beautiful then you are simply just creeping me out right now. Stay away from my gf creep!

Seriously? I think it's pretty legitimate to wonder what it's like to go through life with a totally different appearance and what effect that has on your perspective. It's the same as wondering what it would be like to live life as a hunchback - probably the total opposite here

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can't say how good looking I am but I am a young women and I will tell you this...you think people treat you nicer, sometimes its true, only an idiot would deny. But sometimes men get angry at you just for "tempting" them even if you do nothing at all. I can see it all the time, a lot of men get angry and start scowling at me even before I did anything wrong and I was like "what, what?" and they are all angry and ***ed off just because they think you are trying to "seduce" them but its nothing of the kind.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I can't say how good looking I am but I am a young women and I will tell you this...you think people treat you nicer, sometimes its true, only an idiot would deny. But sometimes men get angry at you just for "tempting" them even if you do nothing at all. I can see it all the time, a lot of men get angry and start scowling at me even before I did anything wrong and I was like "what, what?" and they are all angry and ***ed off just because they think you are trying to "seduce" them but its nothing of the kind.

Men get angry with you because they think you're "seducing" them?

To be honest with you...it's probably not the reason they're scowling...

top topics

join