It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christian men don't wear a beard ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They shave just to troll people like you

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by DISRAELI

My woman demands a beard.

Thank heaven for it too otherwise I'd have to shave every three hours to keep the beast at bay.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by revmoofoo

The Mormons also despise the beard.
Which is ironic because Jesus had a beard.

Really? And its ironic because all of the old founding mormons had beards.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

As a Christian, I look past everything that is dark and warring, in the scriptures and all props from earth, and only look at the actual teachings of Christ. He represented both energies. But he wasn't starting a fashion trend. He said what we put in is nothing compared to the words that come out. That meant the whole outer props are nothing, its about Spirit and Love, and we're supposed to see through all the outer.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Maybe the beard thing had more to do with the pain in the butt it took to shave everyday or whenever.

As far as "props" as you call them the only folks that make a point out of a beard are the Amish ( around here). But its really no big deal at that.

What is a big deal in christianity is keeping the face shaved. Now there is a prop for you. A beard growns naturally so the hang up is with those that make a point out of keeping the face clean.

The bigger reasons men shave these days is because women generaly dont like beards for any number of reasons some practical some cosmetic. Same reason the ladys shave them legs.

And then there is also the fact that shaving face or legs represents a billion= $ industry in this world. They have been pushing it for years. Heck they dont even have to push anymore.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes, there may be individual women who prefer beards.
But taken on average, I think that the shaving habit, the fact that the shaving habit exists in our culture, is likely to be the result of female preference. This is a practical example of Darwinian "sexual selection" at work. Whereas when men can afford not to care what women think of their looks, they don't bother shaving.

An instance to illustrate my own thesis. When I was a student, I stopped shaving one vacation and didn't immediately resume when I returned to college. The boys mocked, but the girls seemed to approve, so I kept it. But if the girls, or one particular girl, had expressed any dislike to it, I would have shaved it off like a shot. I think this is the factor that has kept western society clean-shaven for the last few generations.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Why men shave may have to do with marketing. So don't shave! Let's all grow beards!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by revmoofoo

The Mormons also despise the beard.
Which is ironic because Jesus had a beard.

Mormons also despise the cross. You'll never find one anywhere on their buildings.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There seems to be an entirely ignored aspect to this topic.
Within the Empire, it is normally considered appropriate to be shaven. This is also somewhat similar to and echoed in how the founders of America wore white wigs.

What would you think of a dog which shaved all of it's body except it's head and possibly it's "privates?" And wore a white false hair pelt? What would you think of a species which did this incessantly, and combined with the rubbing effects of clothing, became more and more "bald?"

Humans are a strange animal. We disconnect ourselves from our animal nature because we understand it is "dirty;" We bathe incessantly, cover up our bodily odors, hide the flaws in our skin, pretend that we don't fart, etc. Conversely, when confronted with great responsibility (usually "truth/life"), we trade godliness for reveling in the limitations of our animal nature instead of embracing the "pain" that comes with growing in wisdom.

All are baptized and most without understanding.
All take the bread and most without understanding.
All take the cup and most without understanding.
All are joined and most without understanding.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's just another form of social prejudice really.

For example I am 7/8ths European and 1/8th Cherokee.
But I somehow got the trait to not grow much facial hair at all, and so I cannot actually grow a legit beard or mustache. It's quite minimal.

Does that indicate anything about me spiritually or intellectually? No, not at all.
Prejudice runs rampant even today.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Funny idea i think its called the 21st century, and if you must know i think the closer we get to 5th density you will fine i dont think we will have as much hair if our body changes to its crystaline state. Hair links to apes the more we evolve why do we need it. Alot of the races which dont have much hair. Some do like the plediadeans etc. We are talking about men from thousands of years ago too remember.

So what would be the asnwer for alot of the asian races and polynesian races which are not very hairy?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The issue is not the amount of hair a person's body can grow. Having concern for that is obviously more about one's emotional security than their understanding of their conduct. The issue is about taking a razor or other tool and removing one's own hair, regardless of the amount that they began with.

edit - So you don't think I intended to take a shot at you, there was a time in my life where I did not feel that I had enough facial hair, and now I have too much hair in many places. People often feel insecure because they are not near the "average" amount, not because society has an unsaid prejudice.
edit on 12/6/2011 by Dasher because: added note

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

The issue is not the amount of hair a person's body can grow. Having concern for that is obviously more about one's emotional security than their understanding of their conduct. The issue is about taking a razor or other tool and removing one's own hair, regardless of the amount that they began with.

edit - So you don't think I intended to take a shot at you, there was a time in my life where I did not feel that I had enough facial hair, and now I have too much hair in many places. People often feel insecure because they are not near the "average" amount, not because society has an unsaid prejudice.
edit on 12/6/2011 by Dasher because: added note

Well think about finger and toenails. If we do not cut those than it can become very detrimental to our lives in various ways. Even before blades were invented to cut them I assume people either bit them with their teeth or used their fingers to tear the excess growth off.

No one really criticizes that practice because of all the negatives that arise when you do not trim them from time to time. From fungus to losing the ability to walk or grip things properly, there are many aspects to consider about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I know lots of Christian men with beards, goatees or what have you... however, I once knew an old man that swore that every man that had a beard was going straight to hell. Why? No idea. It's one of those things that had been passed down over the generations in his family. Nobody knew how it started. Probably got started by someone who was jealous because he couldn't grow a beard.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well, I understand your assessment of nails, but do not forget that a tool-less lifestyle would tend to whittle away at our nail growth.

Likewise, in the modernization of Imperial technology, grooming habits have changed in many ways. However, simply conducting oneself according to available tools/customs is entirely different than understanding who you are and why you are doing something.

I trim my beard as a matter of maintenance, but I do not shave it off. My Dad often makes comments, and more so now that my son is in my life, but he is mostly entranced by Imperial life as are most others. I do what I need to do so that I am healthy. I try not to be overly concerned about anything in particular except living a godly/good life.

Nevertheless, the distraction of "the Beast" are commonplace and often overwhelming. So many men and women are swallowed up by "the cares of this world." Is it any wonder that we have a trash debt in the pacific ocean that is even more unfathomable to equalize than our economic debts?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444

Funny idea i think its called the 21st century, and if you must know i think the closer we get to 5th density you will fine i dont think we will have as much hair if our body changes to its crystaline state. Hair links to apes the more we evolve why do we need it. Alot of the races which dont have much hair. Some do like the plediadeans etc. We are talking about men from thousands of years ago too remember.

So what would be the asnwer for alot of the asian races and polynesian races which are not very hairy?

Sorry but I am afraid that you are mixing various assumptions and arriving at a highly prejudice and ignorant conclusion.

Asians are Homo Sapiens Sapiens just like Europeans and Africans are, and the amount of hair they have has absolutely nothing to do with how "advanced" they are.

You don't even know if Pleiadeans are real, nor do you even know if '5th density' is a reality, you just assume all of that based on what you want to believe. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Also I haven't seen any proof of anyone changing into a 'crystalline state'.

The fact this all leads you to a end synopsis that some people are 'more advanced' than others really reminds me of the occult and eugenic belief systems espoused by the Nazi regime in WW2. They thought they were 'more advanced' due to similar esoteric assumptions in various ways. And look at what that brought about.

Hair is useful for us because of various reasons, such as warmth, reduction of friction to protect from skin irritations, protecting eyes, ears, and nasal passages from dust, increasing sensory signals, retaining olfactory scents and assisting in chemical communications, etc.

So the science is completely contradictory to your assumptions, in fact mammalian hair growth is an advancement biologically speaking. The only places humans don't grow hair are the palms and soles of our feet, the only major difference is the thickness and pigmentation between individuals.

edit on 6-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

Well, I understand your assessment of nails, but do not forget that a tool-less lifestyle would tend to whittle away at our nail growth.

That's another good point.

For example I see cats scratch things all of the time, and I wondered, how come cat's nails don't just grow to extreme lengths?

It is probably because they scratch everything. They continually sharpen their claws and thus slowly remove excess growth through friction. A totally natural way of trimming their nail growth.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I dont take to any religious system,
I kinda just go with it.

I want a beard, because i hate having a cold face during the winter, i havent shaven in say, a month and half. I like warm face beard.

Beards are snazzy, especially if you do it right.
Take care of the beard, shampoo AND conditioner =P, Beard comb? Check.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

To have a beard or not doesnt really matter to much. Yes men who do have beards tend to look more masculine but doesnt neccesarily mean they are masculine on the inside. Now the Messiah Yahuwshuwah probably had a beard, but He did not have long hair. The picture of Jesus is just another form of Zeus.

But also to realize we are not to make any image of the Son or the Father. Then the picture of the Son is wrong and sinful and goes directly against Scripture.

Exodus 20:4 “You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth,
Exodus 20:5 you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, יהוה your Alahym am a jealous Al, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
Exo 20:6 but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands.
The Scriptures 2009 ISR

Also the Messiah was Hebrew, he was not European or white, so He was colored in fact most likely dark skin. And the image of Jesus depicts a man with long hair. This also goes directly against Scripture, and men of that time did not have long hair, they had short hair.

1 Corinthians 11:14 11 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. KJV Restored

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Great points, humans make no sense if you think about it. So maybe the hippies were on to something?

I myself am a bearded one, pretty nice Egyptian-looking goatee - and my ole' lady loves it. Even more so after 3 days of not shaving and I get all fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't feel complete without a beard. It's like when you wear a watch all the time and feel naked without it. I certainly feel naked without a beard. I don't grow it out much, I keep it short and groomed. It's also good for men who don't have a "stern jaw". Beards or stubble can give a man's jawline a more sharper, and masculine look.

The poster that touched on the 'commercial' aspect of shaving makes a good point. Razors are not cheap, and there is a good market in creating a society of men (a false image) that must shave every single day. The image of shaved men comes mostly from magazines and market ads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join