It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christian men don't wear a beard ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have Indian Blood. Cant grow a beard hhaa barely grow a mustache.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

You know, I tried rubbing indian blood on my face for hair removal and it did not work at all. Which kind of indian did the blood come from? How long did you leave it on?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

You must be bored, anyways I'm not christian but I can tell you why alot of people dont have beards. There nasty and itchy and just look plain retarded there are some beards that dont look stupid like the clean cut ones but I just cant stand hair on my neck/cheeks.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I guess you must be bored to come on a boring thread.
Anyway, just for you son:

“There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women—and I am neither one.” Greek saying

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Pretty sure that the Christian God doesn't really care about something as shallow as whether they wear a beard or not. Probably a lot more worried about the fact that a lot of supposed followers are wanting to bomb millions of people right back to the stone age all the time.

You're taking this "being like Jesus" thing to the point of absurdity. I hope it makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You know pokechopsamsammich,
All the "real Christians" use their beard to save a poke chop for later.

Yes young Samm...I have a goat chokin' goatee
Get over it junior.

BTW, I think I know the smart rednecks uncle

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Trolling must be amusing ...

Low IQ response from your part kid

Ahhh, we must be indulgent with the young imbecile

So no worry keep on bullying

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You are making all of these "Why Christains..... " threads . I wish someone would make a "Why each person thinks their religion is the only true religion " thread.
Religion = expecting someone else to interpet " Gods " word for you. Maybe "God" gave you a brain to interpet his word on your own ?
Imagine all of those who has killed based on what his preacher has told him ... I suspect it might go something like when Cain asked god if he was his brothers keeper.
Well you see god , it's my preachers fault . I depended on what he told me to be the way.
God might ask him why he took the word of another man instead of asking god himself .
People love to make a big fuss about those who sit back and expect the gubberment to take care of them yet they have no issues about trying to force submission of a particular religion on them . Go figure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha03011972

With all these threads about Christianity I realize most Christians are so far
from practicing the religion of Jesus.

Whatever is being practice by most of the so called Christians has nothing to do with the real religion.
edit on 6-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The Double entendre in my post must be eluding you.

But I must admit, the premise of your thread eludes me.

Probably due to a lack of my knowledge of your percived or your provincial societal norms. Here in the USA, long beards are rare due to the prefered norms of (as previously mentioned) Ladies
preferences and less due to religious tradition.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I have been meditating a lot in recent months about the nakedness of Adam and Eve. In order to avoid much controversy, I don't mean to speculate about anything other than the wisdom that can be learned from the concepts dealt with while meditating on Adam and Eve "realizing" that they were naked after they "fell." Whether by religion or not, or a true story or not, there is something to be learned in that we are naked without garments. Even if this process occurred by a deity's will or by our own actions/failures, we are "naked" animals while the other animals are not naked.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Correct, Christianity was hijacked early on by the Empire. Christmas is coming... read up on it's history. It is not very godly that most Christians debase themselves with such lies as "Jesus is the reason for the season." But hey, they can't get his name right (it is Joshua, in English), so why wouldn't they add other crap that pollutes the "water?"

Nevertheless, anyone who acts "more than animal" is echoing the grace and wisdom of Life. So let us continue on doing so rather than getting caught in all the silly traps.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

Correct, Christianity was hijacked early on by the Empire. Christmas is coming... read up on it's history. It is not very godly that most Christians debase themselves with such lies as "Jesus is the reason for the season." But hey, they can't get his name right (it is Joshua, in English), so why wouldn't they add other crap that pollutes the "water?"

Nevertheless, anyone who acts "more than animal" is echoing the grace and wisdom of Life. So let us continue on doing so rather than getting caught in all the silly traps.

You are correct about the Joshua bit. Here's a Short Story for you, HERE.

And also true, Christmas is Yule, a Pagan holiday.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by Elisha03011972

With all these threads about Christianity I realize most Christians are so far
from practicing the religion of Jesus.

Whatever is being practice by most of the so called Christians has nothing to do with the real religion.
edit on 6-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

I'll agree. I'll also have to check out that complaint. Seems they are inferring a miff you have about Christianity. Maybe I can help.

I have a beard in the winter, and shave it back to a goatee in summer. It's a seasonal thing for me. No religion involved. Easy, eh?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It is by no means a certainty that Jesus had a beard. But it is likely his hair was curly and that he was very tanned and NOTHING like the pictures protrayed of him around the world by white people in their living rooms with an exposed heart four times the size of a normal human.

In fact any 'idol' of him is in fact ... an idol.

Had a beard once. But being in Central America I had no access to a shaver in the jungle. Should have borrowed one from the British Army guys in Belize aye!
edit on 6-12-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sure, so then speaking from a more reasonable interaction with the scriptures, we should be able to clearly see that being a judge (of what you wear, and the logic follows for even a beard or long hair on women) is the primary wisdom in bodily expression. Seeking out that "balance" as eastern religions might push for, or seeking out that "law" as western religions might push for.

Not doing so in a true and righteous manner results in the decay we see before us in the "news," but we should not be delayed, as godly individuals, to press on toward good judgment. As the scriptures say; Meditate on any expression that is good. Likewise, should we not also express anything that is good?

To be honest, I can see the good in shaving. It certainly is a proof that many with the soul of man see a distinction within themselves. But unless one understands and also expresses such godliness, the goodness of their ritual is moot. Just as the Jews still continue the circumcision without having also grown in the wisdom of that ritual, Christians practice "new" rituals without having also grown in their wisdom.

The ironic part is that all of us seek out a type of circumcision when they alter their basic animal instinct and practice any ritual at all. And, on an even lower "octave," the basic animal instinct is a ritual also, but not one that is practiced. Basic animal instinct is a ritual which is completed. This again returns my word to Adam and Eve, their fall, and consequent "realization."

Digressing back to that which is completed; Our modern "Christian" rituals of marriage (not necessarily by contract), baptism, and the sharing of the bread and wine are things that most all do commonly as creatures. Interestingly, the Jews were given a distinct and un-animal-like ritual whereas the Christians were returned to basic animal-like rituals. Sadly, people of all classifications are "missing the point" regardless of the form their rituals take.

Digressing, again, back to the primary topic and directing my intention squarely toward the OP; I groom so that "my animal" is healthy, but I give the rituals themselves no special place. I do not look down on the shaven, or the unshaven, but I usually only enjoy the company of people who strive to express good judgment.
This should help you understand how I, as a Judeo-Christian "believer," view beards... In light of gracious judgment.
edit on 12/6/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There's nothing inherently "Christian" about a beard. There are [maybe] two or three mentionings of Christ having a beard in the whole of the bible, but no mention of it being of significance. Jesus had skin like burnt bronze and hair like sheeps wool. The man looked nothing like the image supplied in the op. The current (popular) image of Jesus is borrowed, surprise surprise, from paganistic history, in this case Ancient Egypt and a man named Serapis [pictured], the Graeco-Egyptian God.
Here's the kicker though, Serapis himself was fabricated from a composite of several Egyptian and Hellenistic deities. His beard was of no significance either.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The only christian I know with a beard is santa-clauss,
and I'm not all convinced that he is even a 'christian' Lol.

But interesting non the least, since the prophets and
disciples had beards as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by revmoofoo

The Mormons also despise the beard.
Which is ironic because Jesus had a beard.

False. Although I'm not a Mormon now, I was born and raised to be one.

Sadly the Mormons are mostly misrepresented by people who know nothing about them. Most of the literature I find in Christian Bookstores is pure fabrications so I can't fault the unsuspecting folk who believe it. Dishonest Pentecostals seem to spread the most lies ignoring their own basic beliefs in the Ten Commandments. In my wanderings I caught them in more lies than any other group I experimented with.

Even though I quit the church, I have nothing bad to say about them. Good, kind and decent people who believe in honesty, integrity, strong family and community and the rule of law.

Unfortunately many are actually talking about one of the strange fringe groups that broke off from them as if they were actually real Mormons. Sad really how so many fellow Christians are so dishonest and so hateful. I doubt most sitting in Pews are actually Christians beyond name only.

On topic -

The real question is what exactly does being Christian have to do with a beard or no beard?

One of my most interesting memories from my youth was a freinds three year old daughter walking up to me, rubbing her hand on my face because I'd not shaved that morning, looking me square in the eye and asking me "Why do men shave"? All I could do is sit and look at her as I had no honest answer I could give her. I had to tell her "I don't know".

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
My personal theory is that men shave only because
women demand it, preferring a smooth skin,

I could be wrong but I'm assuming that gays
in general prefer shaved; And the fact is, men have
been getting more feminine over time.
Not surprising considering all the estrogen in municipal water,
along with p.b.a. in food containers.

new topics

top topics