It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so tired of Gay Celebrities in the closet. So who is gay and who is not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Freddie Mercury - The untold story (part 7).
At this stage Freddie's Parsee family had been ejected from Zanzibar by the racist Africanists, and his boarding school days in India were over.
The family settled in working-class London, and Freddie graduated from art school.
Here he meets Mary Austin:

edit on 3-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Freddie Mercury and Jim Hutton:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia:

He died of bronchopneumonia brought on by AIDS on 24 November 1991, only one day after publicly acknowledging he had the disease.

en.wikipedia.org...

Considering the era, and the hopeless and stigmatized prognosis, it must have been a huge relief to finally be honest and end the speculation.

The fact that it was admitted at all at the time is very meaningful.

edit on 3-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Whats it matter to you?

Peoples sexual orientation is really none of our business.

This is an odd thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
People in this thread are saying, "Who cares?" I do. What the hell is the problem saying that you are gay. The video is kinda weird though. If you're buff you're gay? BS. Kevin Spacey and Hugh Jackman are two of my favorite actors. I couldn't care less if they were gay IF they came out. Wouldn't affect how I view them. It's being untrue to ones self I find disgusting.

Freddie denied he was gay?
EVERYONE knew he was gay AND the best frontman EVER!!!!

Speaking for myself, I don't care if you are gay and out or not out. It does not affect me one way or the other, as opposed to those who seem to have a need to know whether someone is gay or not before they decide how they feel about them. That's prejudicial. Who cares if Actor A is gay or not gay? Do you like his movies? Is he a good actor? Then go see his movies and don't fret over whether or not he is a teabagger (the correct use of that term, by the way, and I don't want to see this post removed because that term has been used many times on ATS without repercussion, and we all know what it really means regardless of the context. If you all can tolerate it as a slur against the Tea Party, you can tolerate it here).

And agreed, Queen rocks.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
George Bush Sr.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I came out of the closet last night....

...and when I did I looked real sharp in my clothes ready for that amazing end of celebration ball.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You too???

I mean this thread was just meant to be chit-chat.
But I'm really glad that so may posters had a positive message so far.

If a man's hot and sexy, then who cares?

Let's just assume that anyone who doesn't 'come out' is heterosexual.
It's just as much of an assumption, but if that makes people happy, then why not?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Look, I am not claiming to know everything about the gay community, but I am getting sick and damn tired of being told that I need to treat gays this way and not that way and think about them this way and not that way. I frankly do not care who is screwing who and what it makes you. I also do not like being told how to think about certain groups, whether it be gays, blacks, jews, mexicans, blondes, who the hell ever. You know why? Because I don't care what you are in that context. You want to cultivate a favorable opinion by others? Act accordingly, do not demand respect or special treatment just because you're "this" or "that". A kid got beat up in high school because he is gay? I got beat up in high school, and I'm not gay. You don't hear me bitching about it being a "hate crime" and hiring a lawyer. Some kids are bullies, deal with it.

wow sorry friend this subject really works you in a lather. wow

The problem here is that gays are always going to be right because they are gay and the rest of us are not so what the hell would we know, ya know? How about you live your life however you want and stop making such a big deal out of it. The fact that this thread was started only reinforces my point. Who's gay, who isn't? Is it a choice or not? WHO CARES?

looks like you do. sorry. be cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Why are they so scared to come out?

Would you come out if it affected your career and earning potential?

I doubt it. I doubt most people would.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes I would.
I guess I'd make a point of it too.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I do not think forced "outing" is a classy or shameless thing to do. If the majority of people accepted and did not pass judgements more people would come out of the closet.

It's no surprise that ALOT of actors in Hollywood are gay though. I mean hark back to high school days and most of the boys in Drama classes were of the weaker wristed variety
They weren't openly gay but the perceptive among us knew.

It does kind of ruin an actors tough guy image if I think about them being gay though. Most males just can't handle the thought I guess.

I'm sure that some of my favorite actors are gay though. I recently saw a pic of John Travolta kissing a dude and was like WTF? It all makes sense now though. Duh! No straight man can dance like that haha.

There were also rumours about Keanu Reeves. Alot of people don't like his acting but I think he picks fantastic movies to be in!

edit on 4-12-2011 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Great points, although I don't recall calling for any forced outings, and I'm not a fan of that.
I mean whatever perceptions I pasted already exist, and they are entrenched.

I'm just wondering, what exactly changes when an actor is gay?
Is it maybe misconceptions of gays as sissies?
I mean how exactly does it change anything, or is it more of a perception?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what changes in a persons perception. I would assume it's not an obvious change but more subtle. Some men are outright homophobes so would boycott the actor's films altogether out of pure bigotry.
I guess I can make an analogy to seeing a really hot woman (maybe an actress eg; Kate Beckinsale) and I saw her burping and farting prior to getting to know her. My view of her would probably change somewhat. Just everytime I would see a movie with her I would have in the back of my mind "Eww, I heard her farting". It wouldn't be a major thing but it's still there

I know that's a horrible analogy

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
I'm not really sure what changes in a persons perception. I would assume it's not an obvious change but more subtle. Some men are outright homophobes so would boycott the actor's films altogether out of pure bigotry.
I guess I can make an analogy to seeing a really hot woman (maybe an actress eg; Kate Beckinsale) and I saw her burping and farting prior to getting to know her. My view of her would probably change somewhat. Just everytime I would see a movie with her I would have in the back of my mind "Eww, I heard her farting". It wouldn't be a major thing but it's still there

I know that's a horrible analogy

Analogy is fine but you have outed yourself as a fartophobe.

See how that works?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Or, heaven forbid, a repressed fartophilliac.

They say it eventually reaches explosive proportions.

edit on 4-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
THIS is gay

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I couldn´t care less about Hollowwood, let alone who they are banging and how.

Obsessing about other peoples´ sexual orientation and the entertainment industry in general is not productive or beneficial in any shape or form.

Everybody should just mind their own business.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
I couldn´t care less about Hollowwood, let alone who they are banging and how.

Obsessing about other peoples´ sexual orientation and the entertainment industry in general is not productive or beneficial in any shape or form.

Everybody should just mind their own business.

So, Freddie Mercury, gay or not?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
lolololololo...disgusting thread - so much anxiety

search on yt for: gay hip hop

soooooo funny =)

edit on 4-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join