It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so tired of Gay Celebrities in the closet. So who is gay and who is not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I’m sorry bubb, but is this really such a big deal? Who really cares? If they don’t want to come out of the closet, than that is their prerogative. I absolutely HATE hellywood! Its awe inspiring to think that there are people out there who actually live and breathe the stuff up! Just a never ending soap opera from hell! If you want to find out who is gay in Hellywood, than just Google: “Gay actors in Hollywood”.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Thanks for the above two posts, because this is a common response.

It does matter to many people still, if an actor is gay or not.

I don't know where these (very well meaning) people come from who say it no longer matters.

It still matters in Western countries, and probably even matters more for global distribution.
edit on 3-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

It's politically correct to embrace - heh - gayness. If you mention that you would prefer not to be in the presence of gays, you are a "gay basher". If you wish to discuss "Hitler", you are pasted as a Jew Killer. It's a bunch of dumbheaded, group-speak rot.

I suppose I should say "I have Jew friends and I have gay friends" but that would be a lie. I don't like either and they don't like me.

Fair enough, I say!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by AwakeinNM

No, I am gay.
I have a problem with people using popular culture to create their mass culture, and benefit from rights that small people fought for, while they were enjoying the good life, and yet we still see these dunces celebrated in gay culture.

They must come out, or we must kick them out.

I'm not gay, and I respectfully disagree. Sexual orientation is nobody's business but one's own. If you want to make it known, that is your choice. If you don't then it is also an individual's choice. It's not like race or height which you can't hide. You're trying to legislate a personal agenda, which is always a bad idea.

What happens in the privacy of your own bedroom needs to stay there. I don't need you knowing what my preferences are, and I don't need or care to know yours.

As for the "mass culture" point - the majority of people don't care about sexual orientation any more. Sure, there are a few people who are going to give you grief. I get discriminated against as a white male. I don't get my panties in a bunch and demand justice. And when you refer to "rights" -- Our esteemed presidential candidate Ron Paul puts it eloquently when he reminds us that there are HUMAN rights afforded to every HUMAN. Once you start demanding "rights" for groups with particular parameters, you are discriminating them from the rest of the human race. Discriminating. I am not in favor of discriminating against or in favor of any particular "group". You have the same rights as anyone else. What you want is special treatment.

Gays want to be treated "equally"? They can start by getting rid of those goddamn parades. Gays are the only ones who apparently have any "pride" in showing their junk in public while dressing in halloween costumes. I don't even want to see straight people having those kinds of parades, and I don't think I'm alone there.

edit on 3-12-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

maybe its just none of our business, maybe they know that the more its debated the more they will be in the spot light and the more famous they will get. we should all boycot celebrity mags and pay attention to real news

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Sexual orientation is nobody's business but one's own. What happens in the privacy of your own bedroom needs to stay there.

Problem, Will Robinson.

Gay is a lifestyle, homosexuality is a sex orientation. Since we are talking about celebrities hio make their money from the public, who they are (lifestyle choices) is very much important if they want my $$$.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think it's insincere to say that sexuality or sexual matters are suddenly nobody's business.
In the old SA one could go to prison for 7 years for homosexuality.
That was still a law till about 1998.
So one cannot make laws against people, and suddenly they must say: "Oh, but historically we are fine."

Various laws made being gay public business.
Often just for straight entertainment...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think it's insincere to say that sexuality or sexual matters are suddenly nobody's business.
So one cannot make laws against people, and suddenly they must say: "Oh, but historically we are fine."

Often just for straight entertainment.

Now we must all be quiet...

Welcome to reality bud.

Africans/African Americans, Irish, Middle Eastern, Indian, Native American (got you with the former if your high), pot heads, thinkers, Pageans, Jews, Muslims, Christians, mentally handicapped, poor, artists, inventors... the list goes on.

Don't be mad at hollywood. There is something much more devious in the background of our so called culture

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Sexual orientation is nobody's business but one's own. What happens in the privacy of your own bedroom needs to stay there.

Problem, Will Robinson.

Gay is a lifestyle, homosexuality is a sex orientation. Since we are talking about celebrities hio make their money from the public, who they are (lifestyle choices) is very much important if they want my $$$.

And lifestyle is a choice, where sexual orientation is not. I can decide to be a stoner, an adventurer, a barfly or a cross-dresser with all the associated lifestyle behaviors - and those lifestyle choices have nothing to do with sexual orientation, either. But you don't have people demanding that I reveal all the intimate details of my exploits as an adventurer or cross-dresser, do you?

By the way, I am speaking hypothetically, people. I am none of those things.

My point is that gays can either choose to keep it to themselves or not, and draw extra attention to themselves or not. Lifestyle choices. Think about how felons like to screw up their chances of assimilating into society by getting tattoos on their faces and fingers. Lifestyle choices.

I pretty much agree with your statement, just going off on a tangent. Nobody needs to know who you're doing what with behind closed doors, unless you want to brag about it or something.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Often just for straight entertainment...

Obviously governments made it their business and passed laws discriminating against it. Why would you disagree with me saying that it's nobody's business? Historically the earth was flat, too. Let's look ahead rather than behind, and agree that nobody has a right to decide if it's everyone's business who you're breaking a sweat with.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I’m actually a lesbian in a man’s body. If someone wants to come forward with their sexuality, than that is up to them. No one should be forced to give up their sexual orientation. Do you think people should have to do so? Here’s a good example of an ad I put on a dating website 2 years ago. I am still waiting for a reply.

This is the ad:

I am a single white male looking for bisexual female for long term relationship. Please attach most current pics please. I do have 3 morals I strictly abide by…

1. I will not go out with a woman who is taller than me.
2. I will not go out with a woman who weighs more than me.
3. AND I will not go out with a woman who can lift more than me.

I’m not a jealous guy, so if you want to involve your bisexual female partner in any extracurricular activities, than I’m all smiles!

Ps… Brazilian super models are ok too…!

edit on 3-12-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Problem, Will Robinson.

And lifestyle is a choice, where sexual orientation is not.

Really?

Some in the gay community throw the baby out with the bathwater. They reject the idea of "choice." They insist that no choice is involved in sexual orientation...that are driven by genes or environmental conditioning or both. "Homosexuals are born, not made," you say.

The fact is we humans do choose. We make choices about thousands of things, big and small, every day. Choice is what sets us apart from plants and animals. Choice gives us dignity, and allows us to shape our lives, our characters, our destinies, our bed partners.

Even within the gay community, there are landmark choices about how you live and what you do. Choice is involved in the initial decision to overcome fear. "Do I or don't I come out?" No matter what the root cause of homosexuality is, this coming-out decision still confronts you. So does the choice of different scenes -- leather, drag. There is the momentous choice to have a sex-change operation. Having unsafe sex with many partners is a dangerous choice. So is the choice to avoid drugs and alcohol as an occasion of unsafe sex. Likewise, a gay or lesbian or bisexual couple who decide to have a loving, monogamous relationship are not operating blindly off natural dynamics. They CHOOSE to live together that way.

Straight and gay people have a RIGHT to make choices about their sexual orientation. This includes the right of some individual gay men or lesbians to leave the Life and seek a "cure" -- if that's how they feel. If an individual person decides for whatever reason that they don't feel good living as a homosexual any more -- that they want to live as a heterosexual, and have all the heterosexual bells and whistles -- then they have a right to try to change.

After all, their destiny belongs to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I’m actually a lesbian in a man’s body.

Solution: Cut your winkie off and tuck.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am heterosexual. It’s just the way I am. As a heterosexual, just the thought about a couple guys getting busy doing sexual things makes me want to throw-up in my mouth. Now it doesn’t mean I don’t except the fact that people out there are gay and do what they do with people of the same sex. I’m just not that way. It’s the way my brain is wired. Don’t take offence, but are you having sexual identity issues? I don’t think I’ve ever come across a thread like this before. Some people look to accept their homosexuality much better when people of stature come out of the closet. Much like when Elton John came out of the closet. More people became more forthcoming. They didn’t feel so alone in the scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Problem, Will Robinson.

And lifestyle is a choice, where sexual orientation is not.

Really?

Some in the gay community throw the baby out with the bathwater. They reject the idea of "choice." They insist that no choice is involved in sexual orientation...that are driven by genes or environmental conditioning or both. "Homosexuals are born, not made," you say.

The fact is we humans do choose. We make choices about thousands of things, big and small, every day. Choice is what sets us apart from plants and animals. Choice gives us dignity, and allows us to shape our lives, our characters, our destinies, our bed partners.

Even within the gay community, there are landmark choices about how you live and what you do. Choice is involved in the initial decision to overcome fear. "Do I or don't I come out?" No matter what the root cause of homosexuality is, this coming-out decision still confronts you. So does the choice of different scenes -- leather, drag. There is the momentous choice to have a sex-change operation. Having unsafe sex with many partners is a dangerous choice. So is the choice to avoid drugs and alcohol as an occasion of unsafe sex. Likewise, a gay or lesbian or bisexual couple who decide to have a loving, monogamous relationship are not operating blindly off natural dynamics. They CHOOSE to live together that way.

Straight and gay people have a RIGHT to make choices about their sexual orientation. This includes the right of some individual gay men or lesbians to leave the Life and seek a "cure" -- if that's how they feel. If an individual person decides for whatever reason that they don't feel good living as a homosexual any more -- that they want to live as a heterosexual, and have all the heterosexual bells and whistles -- then they have a right to try to change.

After all, their destiny belongs to them.

Look, I am not claiming to know everything about the gay community, but I am getting sick and damn tired of being told that I need to treat gays this way and not that way and think about them this way and not that way. I frankly do not care who is screwing who and what it makes you. I also do not like being told how to think about certain groups, whether it be gays, blacks, jews, mexicans, blondes, who the hell ever. You know why? Because I don't care what you are in that context. You want to cultivate a favorable opinion by others? Act accordingly, do not demand respect or special treatment just because you're "this" or "that". A kid got beat up in high school because he is gay? I got beat up in high school, and I'm not gay. You don't hear me bitching about it being a "hate crime" and hiring a lawyer. Some kids are bullies, deal with it.

The problem here is that gays are always going to be right because they are gay and the rest of us are not so what the hell would we know, ya know? How about you live your life however you want and stop making such a big deal out of it. The fact that this thread was started only reinforces my point. Who's gay, who isn't? Is it a choice or not? WHO CARES?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So "the problem" is that gays are always going to be right?
I don't understand that concept?
Could you please elaborate?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So "the problem" is that gays are always going to be right?
I don't understand that concept?
Could you please elaborate?

Not really, because you want a pissing match and I'm not giving it to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No, not at all.
I want to ultimately make sense and meaning out of the presence and embodiment of the gay in a wider context.
Here I could also refer to a gay class element.
The people who fought at Stonewall would not make it into a celebrity party.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
As a hetro woman - some of the men in that video . . . wow - shame.
Why are most of them so pumped up and beautiful?
Meaning they look like perfect "breeders" - can some of the good looking ones be left for the girls?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
People in this thread are saying, "Who cares?" I do. What the hell is the problem saying that you are gay. The video is kinda weird though. If you're buff you're gay? BS. Kevin Spacey and Hugh Jackman are two of my favorite actors. I couldn't care less if they were gay IF they came out. Wouldn't affect how I view them. It's being untrue to ones self I find disgusting.

Freddie denied he was gay?
EVERYONE knew he was gay AND the best frontman EVER!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well some people are saying: "Who cares?"
Let's not go overboard.
But I'm glad that this is their response!

As for Freddie: from what I know he lived most of the 1970's with a woman (Mary Austin), and until fairly late in the era his band-mates thought him straight.
However I'm getting the biography for Christmas, so I can say more on it then, perhaps.
What I can say form various YouTube videos is that Mary and Freddie remained close until the end, and at some stage they dissolved an expected relationship and just became friends.
But it was ambivalent to most of their fans, and Queen in general regarded the rock press as very hostile and did not comment much on things like that for two decades.
Although I'm a huge fan, many gays did not like their music, and preferred disco.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join