It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Great observation. Its almost as if the "being" that created the universe/earth, also created man.....Or is it the "God" that created man, also created the universe/earth?

Even stranger, what if the "God" who created man, originally made man in his own image? What then would that make God? What if this God WAS the universe, but also became a man to one day make us like him?

The Bible sure has a lot of stuff in it that correlates with this thread OP.
S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I would say that God is very much the Universe. God is all that is, in my opinion. May be a bit to pantheistic for your taste, but that's how I view it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Everything " round " is sacred. A wholeness created by nature. A symbol for entity. A profound cycle. The universe, galaxies, our solar system, sun, planets, moon - earth... Ego surrounds us, atmospheres, oort cloud... and the list goes on. Yet we stay here growing up, invading the outer space of the womb, another sorta round thing... everything connected too, yet we sever that umbilical connection, and expect to own something bigger then we are.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I worked with the Cogi indians from the Sierra Nevadas de Santa Marta, Colombia. They are one of the last, nearly intact indigenous groups in the world. What's quite interesting however, is that they taught me exactly what the basis of your thread is. They said that certain powerful ecosystems, such as the Sierra Nevadas of Colombia, are the heart of mother earth--and the rivers and streams are her vasculature; they provide her ability to spread vital nutrients throughout her body. However they also say that the petroleum, fossil fuels, minerals (gold, uranium, etc), are her entrails--they allow her to function optimally. They also say certain landmarks around the world are her kidneys, liver, etc.

They say we are absolutely clueless about the impact we are having on the earth as a conscious, embracive motherly entity. By plundering her incessantly, then spilling her guts all over her (pollution, oil spills, etc), we are being sanctimonious towards her.

They believe that our relationship with mother earth should be reciprocal; that is, we should always thank her and make symbolic payments for nursing from her bosom. As humans, we have accumulated an incalculable pile of debt, both spiritual and physical. They say we are fleas on mother earth, and if we do not pay back by thanking her and conducting specific rituals whereby we symbolically acknowledge our relationship with her, she will eventually take back what we owe.

Without changing our ways, their prophecies dictate we will see increasing natural disasters--tsunamis, earthquakes, pestilence, disease, etc. The world is utterly out of balance, out of credit, and out of time. She will wipe us off her face like 'fleas' (their word), if we cannot love Gaia, or Love ourselves--since we sprung from her soil.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Who needs Hal Jordan when you can have Mogo.

I remember when I first came upon this concept and it resonated deeply

within me. When I discovered Mogo some time later I was ecstatic. Not too hard to believe that we are walking on the back of a giant that is fully aware of itself.

Mogo is a sentient or "living" planet, technically genderless but often casually referred to as male. When it is desired, its affiliation with the Corps is marked with foliage arranged into a green band, marked with the standard Green Lantern Corps lantern symbol, circling Mogo's equatorial area.

edit on 3-12-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

Interesting indeed. I would completely agree with this literal analogy of the planet. Life afterall has imprinted its intelligence every where with the golden ratio or fractals. Plenty of basic science to back up this claim.

I'm wondering have you heard of this book? I've only begum reading it, but it is interesting and relates to this topic I believe. The gist of it is that mother earth being a sentient being is about to birth it core from antartica and will move closer to the sun. This will lead to many earth changes within the next year.
Here is the link: motherearthfathersky.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sorry sorry sorry,

I didnt mean Thrive but "the Programming of Life" What an amazing documentary!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

Thanks speaknoevil07. I can only answer your question with my understanding that we are given the choice of free will or the freedom to make choices for ourselves and at times others without cosmic interference, and the universe allows those choices to play out for the better or worse, and then the karma ensues, not as a punishment, but because we then choose to place ourselves into a position to experience the results of the that original choice, for better or for worse, and many times unknowing to ourselves unless we develop a deep relationship with our higher selves. Also adding into this equation is that we exist in a 3 dimensional universe (well we have up till now anyway!) but this level of existence is based on duality, the yin and the yang that hold each other in balance. So of course, we have love and we have absence of love and all that it brings. It exists is for our own experience, and why any of us choose to come here and experience it is still a mystery to me! I guess the best analogy I can use is from Conversations with God book 1, that God created this physical existence because as perfect beings we cannot experience our perfection until that perfection is taken away, so we come into this place of existence where our perfection is hidden from us and we deal with survival issues. It makes common sense to me if nothing else, but unfortunately for us, we repeatedly make the same mistakes over and over again and choose to keep coming back to get it right and keep losing our way....thus the eternal cycle of incarnation!

PS. I dont believe in evil per say as in the devil ( i was raised a catholic but saw thru that pretty early in life), but I believe in the power of choices and those consequences, however tragic it can take us!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I agree the whole system is alive. It does not stop with planet earth, the whole universe it alive. It has an inteligence we cannot grasp with logic..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Gaia..

I just want to say I did well by not posting a picture of florida and proclaiming "Its a boy!"

Now, is earth self aware...see, this is a question that you cannot simply answer yes or no..we are still trying to figure out of we humans are self aware (no, just because you can say your self aware doesn't mean you are...you can be programmed to say all sorts of interesting things).

What turns me off about these type threads is that often you got people first off suggesting yep, its alive, then posting garbage shots and pollution pics, etc..like somehow humans are evil murderers of this giant lifeform..might as well show some clubbing of baby seals also.

Take a magnifying glass...look closely around an ant hole and through its community. You will see they are not overly concerned wth debris beyond corpses...look at any life and its den and you will see clutter, bones, etc...humans are no different, we are just a bit more monumental at our achievements of mucking up our lair...but, we are the only species that is trying (albeit veinly) to not do as much damage as we could

We have a responsibility to clean up after ourselves because we understand the consequences of what happens if we don't, but don't let this understanding of what we must do turn into a negative "we are not worthy to live"...unless you feel that way about all life everywhere...hell, even mountains don't bother cleaning up their crumbling mess they leave...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H
I also think about this quite often, but this "proof" you got here is not good enough, it's just drawing quick conclusions. Like a tree looks like our lungs, come on, don't go right there just yet.

"A tree looks like our lungs and land looks like something else part of us, that MUST mean that the Earth is a living creature just like a human". No, this doesn't have any good points at all.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like one of those who think the world will end because a given date like 06.06.2006 has 666 in it, they jump too fast to conclusions and can't see things from different perspectives.

numbers in the sense that you used them are arbitrary and man made just as dragons and unicorns are...they are useful as a tool but there really is no such thing as a "foot" or "meter" etc...and the numbers used in our calenders etc act in the same fantasy...

Having said that, the conclusions I draw are based on the totality of the information and continuous predicable patterns that NATURE (that which exists WITHOUT human creation/manipulation). The Tree looking like lungs looking like rivers/streams looking like lightning looking like vascular system etc etc are not coincidental they are design blueprints that are being followed by nature.

You don't get to chose how your lungs look or how plant life grows it just does, you don't get to chose how rivers/streams flow and how electricity arc's through the air/atmosphere these things exist independently of humans. We can however artificially re-design that blueprint but really how arrogant is that? To re-design something which we don't completely understand? The ultimate step in arrogance that is ultimately why we are where we are today...as a cancer/infection/virus to our host.

You see NATURE or whatever you want to call it KNOWS the macro and micro in their entirety, this I believe is why you see the "Branching effect" constantly in how nature expresses itself. Natural growth tends to be on the path of least resistance and its not in a straight line, it almost always illustrated the branching. Water follows the least resistible path, electricity arc's the in the air through the least resistible path etc etc so on and so forth...

Where this gets interesting is when you compare these "designs" in the macro and micro you will see the same structures...I would argue FIRST came form then came function...the function is a consequence of form, realizing this you may understand why human nature is backwards and artificial and out of sync with nature, we design with function first and form last.

sorry I dragged this on lol

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lovely. Thank you. ..Scanned, didn't see this brain-cell universe comparison used elsewhere/earlier on ATS:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

WOW another great post,ATS is on a role.

I don't know if I'm ready to belive that the planet is sentient or not,I have enough trouble with knowing animals are and the way we as a species treat them.If I start feeling like the earth is sentient I'd be affaried I turn into a dirt worshipping tree hugger and I doubt there ready for someone like me, being a hardcore realist there is only one way to save the earth and the animals...............................well we won't go there.

Thanks for a very informative post,lots to research on a nothing to do weekend.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

have you considered lightning as the brain?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I totally get where you are coming from an I tried very hard to stay away from this thread being perceived as a "humans suck" and were responsible for global warming thread however its very hard to stay away from the perceived point of view when you try to incorporate the human-earth interaction in its entirety.

I put the pics of garbage/oil refinery etc to illustrate how out of sync it is with how everything on this planet (including us) was created and sustained.

Having said that even the diseases/bacteria/viruses are serving a purpose in nature...one we may not understand very well or even want to acknowledge but they are indeed as is everything a "part of nature". Where I think it is different though is that people can change their role, we can conduct our lives and priorities differently we do not truly NEED the civilizations we have today, they are perceived NEEDS that we don't want to acknowledge as possible not necessary.

Again I didn't want to make this seem like an Al Gore rant because firstly I cannot stand that guy and secondly I was big proponent that global warming caused by humans was a lie to get people into paying carbon tax etc...

However I still believed that people were living cancerous lives...and at the most we were simply enhancing or compounding the global warming effects caused by natural cycles.

I was afraid of acknowledging the human aspect of the global warming because I thought by doing so I was paving the way for a global carbon tax. I have since then denounced the tax as a solution and acknowledged the notion people need to change or they will "be changed" forcefully by the earth if need be.

This is just an opinion of mine though

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

i viewed/listened to the whole thing...

the section Psyche]
had an interesting issue about our individual and collective (as in society) wills & minds are under the influence of a mind parasite.

did you know, there is a lesser level parasite that is fairly common, affecting a lot of the population...

see:

paraphrased...THESE LINKS ARE ARTICLES ON THE BRAIN PARASITE (T.GONDII=Toxoplasma gondii)
WHICH COMES FROM CAT WASTE ON UNWASHED VEGETABLES...

25% OF AMERICANS HAVE THIS BRAIN PARASITE THAT HAS EFFECTS LIKE ADD & SCHIZOPHRENIA ATTACKS IN THE SUFFERERS...
THE PARASITE AFFECTS THE DOPAMINE IN ONES BRAIN

www.plosone.org...
www.theregister.co.uk...

"Dopamine is a natural chemical which relays messages in the brain controlling aspects of movement, cognition and behaviour.

It helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centres and regulates emotional responses such as fear. The presence of a certain kind of dopamine receptor is also associated with sensation-seeking, whereas dopamine deficiency in humans results in Parkinson's disease."

"Toxoplasma gondii's primary host organism is cats, but it can also live in other creatures including humans and rats. Humans are infected with it by eating unwashed vegetables with cat poo on them: it's estimated that between 10 and 20 per cent of Brits carry the protozoan parasite and perhaps 22 per cent of Americans. Normally the hidden brain invader appears to have little effect on a human host, though it can kill in certain cases – for instance in the case of someone whose immune system isn't working."

"It's been known for some time that T gondii has a more serious effect on rats and mice, in which they lose their fear of cats or even become attracted to them. This is obviously bad news for the host, as it tends to get killed and eaten, but good news for T gondii as it gets to infect another cat where it can reproduce"...

now, is'nt that something.... a lot of us are unawares Zombies

way removed from the correspondences or frequency of the Planet...in the higher mind frame of reference the video try's to massage our Egos about... yeah theres some realist truths to stuff into our mental filing cabinets...but a lot of hogwash too...
sift & filter the info is my advice

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No, don't be mistaken, I think we are indeed trashing the planet...I just see us as also attempting (in a small way currently) to correct our mistake...we are aware enough to realize what we do and the consequences that come of it.

here is one way to consider it...ok, gaia is alive, sure...and humans are a natural formation....perhaps the earth is simply a smoker.

now what we neeed to do is create a global nicotine patch (clean energy) and kick the habit over time..the end result won't be good..cutting back from 2 packs a day to 1 pack a day is not going to make you healthy, it will just slow down the destruction a bit.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yeah , I once had a pet rock , but it wouldn't eat
or breathe , .....
or anything else .

So I decided it wasn't alive ,

.... and threw it at a glasshouse !

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

If you saw a rock covered in moss, would you say the rock itself was alive. Earth is that rock and we are but moss

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Sooooo true

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join