Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 3
180
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The planet and it's biosphere are self regulating, in so much as they create conditions that are favorable for life to exist and flourish, this has been the way of it for billions of years. James lovelock first proposed the theory in the 1970s to a luke warm reception from the scientific community. Nowadays gaia theory is widely accepted and regarded as one the most important theories in history. www.gaiatheory.org...

However, I do not subscribe to the idea that the planet is self aware in any way whatsoever, there is no evidence to suggest that it is.




posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Best thread i've seen. Opens so much more than meets the eye. Very interesting stance to look at.

I tend to think of everything as life, right down to the atom itself. It all depends on the perspective as you say... opens up so many more idea's to explain things without the need for religion or complex mathematics.

I guess this has already been said... but its rather obvious that "we" humans (in our current state) are an infectious disease in relation to the living Earth.

S+F



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The Earth grows... The Earth bleeds... The Earth talks...

And all in all, we are part of its anatomy. The choices we make can determine the overall structure, for better or for worse (because as humans, we simply cannot just coexist with it).



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
How do we cure Earth of cancer?
the humans...

we should be the gardners.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reminds me of indians, they respected the earth and treated it as a living thing. till' they were killed..



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
How do we cure Earth of cancer?
the humans...

we should be the gardners.


Earth has its own way of dealing with "cancer". When we go far enough down our arrogant discourse, we will find ourselves at the mercy of nature proper. None of our weapons will save us when our home becomes our enemy.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
 


Well done!



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder
 


Obviously the OP watched Kymatica for the first time and did some research and learned the truth. many of us know this and are fully aware of the universe and what it holds. Buddism and Hinduism use these same teachings to reach the center of the soul within each individual, although we are all seperate we make up the one, we just have some bad parts we have to get rid of, the Elite are the cancer on the rest of us, we must cleanse ourselves of the elite and never think that idiotic way, greed serves no purpose.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
the world is alive, it is hurting and if we keep trashing the oceans and desorying everything it will create a huge distastor to stop us. (sorry that i missed spelled)



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Best thread i've seen. Opens so much more than meets the eye. Very interesting stance to look at.

I tend to think of everything as life, right down to the atom itself. It all depends on the perspective as you say... opens up so many more idea's to explain things without the need for religion or complex mathematics.

I guess this has already been said... but its rather obvious that "we" humans (in our current state) are an infectious disease in relation to the living Earth.

S+F


www.youtube.com...

All of you need to watch this documentary.
edit on 3-12-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was just chatting with someone the other night about religion and Armegeddon. In the big three (Judaism, Christianity/catholicism, Islam) we have this idea that God will come down and smite the sinners and rejuvanate the Earth for a select special few. Or something along those lines. Most believers think they will be part of that group.

I have heard that evey generation since their holy books were written/distributed/widely accepted believed that they were living in the end times and being open minded I could say that in terms of things bigger than ourselves, its could just be that it is taking a really long time (in the macrocosm, things move much slower than our puny human pace)

Believers and half-believers or people that just "know about it" not neccesarily living the faith have this belief that it is out of our hands, that some outside force is going to come and save us, or that we are all sinners and we don't have a chance, so lets live large till then. These very beliefs are bringing upon us our own destruction.

Imagine, you are on a sinking ship. There are life ratfs, scuba gear, food, warm blankets etc...But you are told a fleet of helicopters are a few miles away and coming to save you, so you just stand there and wait. This is what I see going on today.

I believe that if everyone denied the existance of this God for just a moment and pondered the consequences they would realize that they have the power to change things and they would change things. In the act of denying your creator you begin to live a Godly life. I think this idea that someone is coming to save us has made us apathetic, self-riteous and complacent. Even those who are not devout in their religion have a sense of "something coming" and the idea is in their mind regardless of whether they think they believe it or not.

The paradise that we have been promised can be ours, we just have to believe that we have the power to obtain it. As long as we continue to wait for someone, or something else to do it for us we are walking closer to the edge of the proverbial cliff.

I have a hard time articualting these ideas sometimes, but I feel that if there is any truth in these holy books, we are largely missing the point. The point being that we must exercise a degree of self control, not to prevent pergatory, but to prevent our extinction.

As I sit here on this laptop, burning fossil fuels for entertainment I am guilty. I often find that everyone is pointing the finger at someone else, to mask the fact that they themselves are guilty. As long as we all believe we are blameless, there is no hope for us. It's not the corporations, the PTB, the oil explorers, the plastic lovers, the canned living throw away generation. It is all of us. Collectively we have to take responsibility and push for change.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thank you for this post, I agree 100% and I will share an experience I had that helped me become aware that all of the planets and sun are conscious beings.

Many years ago I began to become fascinated with healing and consciousness, and came across a workshop for acupressure points called Windows to the Sky. I had just become familiar with these window to the sky points which are considered the spiritual accupressure points on the body and the gateway to higher consciousness. A healer in New Mexico, Chris Griscom, worked extensively with these points and she wrote extensively about her work in a series of books, which I read, some many times over. Anyway, getting an opportunity to actually learn the details of her work, I enrolled in the workshop and connected easily to lessons. On the drive home from the last day of the workshop I was contemplating what I had just learned and how I would use this information to help people and I had this one moment that I will remember forever. Like I said, I was driving and contemplating this workshop and then I happened to feel compelled to look up at the sun, and I had this overwhelming feeling of love and oneness with it.....and then the consciousness of the sun "spoke" to me, in the form of thoughts that were not mine, and said "I am aware of you, as I am aware of every being on your planet". The GREAT love, wisdom and compassion behind these words that I felt coming from this being was so powerful, I had never experienced anything like it. I couldn't help it, it made me cry because I knew I was not alone on this planet (don't we all feel that way at times?) and that we are all being observed. Intuitively I understood that all of the planets including our great Earth, are conscious and spiritual beings that are teachers to us and most of all dear friends.We just don't remember this! Of course, there is a greater purpose for them than just our being here, they are part of the fabric of the universe that is holding it together. But, their vast greatness does not overshadow their connection to ALL life, down to being connected to tiny little insects. In that moment I understood we all are connected and their truly is no separation, we only experience that in our minds.

Anyway, I am sure there are those reading this that will try discrediting my experience. I don't have all the answers and I surely don't have proof, only the experience of this that I wanna share.

So to the OP, I hope this experience of mine helps support your post!



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow..thanks for the beautiful post.
I've always respected the Native Indian culture and their understanding about nature, but never really grasped the mysteries that they've held for many generations. I've always loved being in nature and felt the awe of the earth as a whole, but couldn't put my finger on why I always felt at home when I'm taking a walk in the woods or hiking up a mountain.

This post just put a new perspective on things for me.

Thank you!



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred
 


great thought......yea. a giant sink hole to rid itself of the cancers. yea man. treatment!
what a great idea , I'll ask. Lets ask for love, peace, kindness and of course self-awareness so we and the planet can love each other....what a concept



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
Thank you for this post, I agree 100% and I will share an experience I had that helped me become aware that all of the planets and sun are conscious beings.

Many years ago I began to become fascinated with healing and consciousness, and came across a workshop for acupressure points called Windows to the Sky. I had just become familiar with these window to the sky points which are considered the spiritual accupressure points on the body and the gateway to higher consciousness. A healer in New Mexico, Chris Griscom, worked extensively with these points and she wrote extensively about her work in a series of books, which I read, some many times over. Anyway, getting an opportunity to actually learn the details of her work, I enrolled in the workshop and connected easily to lessons. On the drive home from the last day of the workshop I was contemplating what I had just learned and how I would use this information to help people and I had this one moment that I will remember forever. Like I said, I was driving and contemplating this workshop and then I happened to feel compelled to look up at the sun, and I had this overwhelming feeling of love and oneness with it.....and then the consciousness of the sun "spoke" to me, in the form of thoughts that were not mine, and said "I am aware of you, as I am aware of every being on your planet". The GREAT love, wisdom and compassion behind these words that I felt coming from this being was so powerful, I had never experienced anything like it. I couldn't help it, it made me cry because I knew I was not alone on this planet (don't we all feel that way at times?) and that we are all being observed. Intuitively I understood that all of the planets including our great Earth, are conscious and spiritual beings that are teachers to us and most of all dear friends.We just don't remember this! Of course, there is a greater purpose for them than just our being here, they are part of the fabric of the universe that is holding it together. But, their vast greatness does not overshadow their connection to ALL life, down to being connected to tiny little insects. In that moment I understood we all are connected and their truly is no separation, we only experience that in our minds.

Anyway, I am sure there are those reading this that will try discrediting my experience. I don't have all the answers and I surely don't have proof, only the experience of this that I wanna share.

So to the OP, I hope this experience of mine helps support your post!

hey justsayin,
loved the post, what do you think the reason for the meanness, evilness, greed, hate, vindictiveness, selfishness and plain old nastyness is? and how do we get rid of it. I mean I know we would not know love without hate, but really, ?.......do we have to do so much destruction. I see it all over. WE keep the nuc plants on fault lines that we now are going to harm us and this planet. But we do it anyway? Then I see birds flying, love from others and such kindness at times it makes you cry........there is ? well a dichotomy but why such evil. I can do without that.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
How do we cure Earth of cancer?
the humans...

we should be the gardners.

yes yes. The bible says that we were put here to be the gardeners. Look what we have done. I think if we would step back(we wont) and see that we are here to care and love the EARTH and one another and the 2 ideas are compatible......it could be fixed. I think our species is like a sick patient, we need to be culled or healed. I don't think we are (some of us) capable of being healed. You get the picture. I hate that i think that but I see so much meanness and lack of loving for the earth and each other....that well.......we are a cancer in a way. Some of us at least. We could fix it but we are too greedy



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Great job~


Being self aware and deeming that the only quality of "sentient intelligence" is a lame excuse for doing what we want w/ the earth.

Last I check those with over inflated egos are annoying, and those beings are aware of more then self are the people I want to be around.

self-awareness is not the end game. we will venture across the cosmos, but not until we heal the earth (or she heals us).



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I also think about this quite often, but this "proof" you got here is not good enough, it's just drawing quick conclusions. Like a tree looks like our lungs, come on, don't go right there just yet.

"A tree looks like our lungs and land looks like something else part of us, that MUST mean that the Earth is a living creature just like a human". No, this doesn't have any good points at all.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like one of those who think the world will end because a given date like 06.06.2006 has 666 in it, they jump too fast to conclusions and can't see things from different perspectives.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree that micro and macro seem very similar, and so we could be part of a living system that we are just too small to comprehend. But as of now I don't think there is really anything to go on that would lead one to believe the Earth is alive. It's a rock that has living things on it's surface, but that doesn't mean it's alive. Just like a rock in the woods, it can have moss growing on it's surface, and bugs crawling on it's surface, but the rock isn't alive.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Firstly, let me say that I agree with the Op.

With that being said, it is incumbent upon me to say that consciousness is a mystery. While I believe that the earth is very much a living entity and is "conscious." I don't know, neither does anyone else, that it's consciousness is the same as ours.





new topics

top topics



 
180
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join