It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well if he is not part of a rehash on older deities than he is certainly a mushroom?

Interesting the mention of Mithras being born of a rock or "stone" as the bible also speaks of laying the head on one?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When you can't convince with facts, baffle them with BS.
the only way the christian religion could have a chance of winning local favor without killing the non believers was to warp and modify and wheedle the concept with the ways of the locals. No, boys and girls, Jesus ben Joseph was not born of a true virgin, she was virgin in spirit. She gave birth in a cave, not a stable. It wasn't winter. His education was Egyptian, and there was no Nazareth until decades AFTER his death... a Nazarene, defined by his wisdom and skills as a healer, was always seen with long hair parted in the middle, his clothing having no seam, and his gentle persona.
For all the hard work Jesus did, his little band of not so merry men tore it all to pieces, letting the shreds fall where they may, until all the second and third party rumors and stories were put to ink decades later. Who was at the tomb first thing in the mornings? MARY. Where were the so called pious deciples? She had to go and find these dolts and tell them what happened! And at least Thomas had enough sense to ask for proof (Hence the phrase Doubting Thomas) and he got what he asked for. He knew that a false image could be shown, but the other guys, peter, paul, mark, all the others, they were ready to take it all, lock stock and barrel. Peter hated Mary, being jealous of the attentions given to her by Jesus. Now that old fart is considered the leader of the Catholic church! And if I do have to face that goat when I get to the 'pearly gates' I'll kick him in the proverbial whatnots just for being such an ass. Needless to say, I've had to endure the torture of years of a screwed up barely legal cult like following that makes Westboro Babtist look like a little old ladies' knitting circle. Sorry to vent, folks, but to lead people down the wrong path in the name of a selfish god is to commit the worst of evils.
edit on 2-12-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
It is so good to see all this Christian witnessing going on here at ATS. I am so glad an happy to see it. Peace be with you, OP!

there has been an exorbitant amount of proselytizing here on ATS as of late. as well, there have also been many threads & posts wondering why Christians get "picked on" more than other religious groups.

i think the two issues go hand in hand.

i come to ATS for intelligent dialogue, discussion, and of course debate, but i don't wish to see this site turn into a Christian Witness forum. state your beliefs, share your perspectives, but please don't use this site the evangelize. save your testimonials for Sunday service.

i am an ordained Wiccan Minister. i embrace my faith with the fullness of my heart. yet, i have no need or wish to flaunt my faith, using it as "proof" for the various intricate and complex discussions we have here on ATS. i certainly do NOT wish to see ATS turn into neo-pagan central. Goddess forbid!

in fact, my favorite threads are the ones where i can engage in a healthy discourse with someone who does not share my view, yet there is a mutual respect and a sharing of variant perspectives.

ATS belongs to all of us, of every belief and faith (and non-faith... a shout out to the atheists in the house!)

so please, share your views. but realize and validate the many other views we share in this remarkable community.

PS: so to get back on topic... check out the iconography of Horus & Isis, then of Mary & Jesus. they are remarkably similar. all faiths borrow from one another. it is the way of the world. why should that diminish ones own particular faith? in fact, it should cement the notion that we are all truly of one family.

blessed be.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Well met, Mythos. I would be honored to learn about your ways!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You sound like your getting offended and too defensive. If you are secure in who you are with what you know you can never get offended with what others say about you or your God.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'll bite...

I've got every reason to believe that Jesus was actually a man named Brian. He didn't want to be worshiped, he was a poor speller, and belonged to a terrorist group called the PFJ.

youtu.be...

Don't take my word for it. Youtube has all the proof you need
Please try to always look on the bright side of life.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm pretty sure you're missing the point of the Sun, Son, 12 and 12 thing....There is a whole thing to that and I am not claiming to be an expert on it. The truth is, I couldn't give two hoots to a cows poop, who Jesus was or is, or ever could or would be. That explanation is just one I tend to lean towards not worship word for word. In all honesty I am just too lazy to go find some You tube videos in an attempt to explain it. After all Youtube videos seem to be the PROOF in the pudding for so many these days.

I'm not an Atheist either, an Atheist doesn't believe in any deities at all. I just happen to not believe in yours.

I think Christian people fight so much with non-believers/other religions because they need to find and defend "their faith" just to believe it themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackTheTripper
reply to post by GmoS719

All of the pre-Christ-ian religions worshopped a son [sun] born of a virgin mother [on Christmas] that possesed powerful cognitive energy, preached to the common people, died via crucifiction, was placed in a tomb [Good Friday] and was resurrected after three days [Easter Sunday]. The birth resonates with the Winter solstice, the lowest point of the Sun, the subsequent non-movement of the Sun for three days in this low position and then the beginning of its ascent as it moves back toward the lengthening of days toward the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice. This event is simultaneous with the lining up of the three stars of Orions Belt [the three wiseman] and the star "Sirius" with the lowest point of the sun. The Sun stays at this low point for three days. So, after the Winter solstice the sun starts its ascent after three days, corresponding to the birth of the 'Son' [Sun] on Christmas Day. Ref: naturalscienceorganics.com...

... On december, the sun rises in sagittarius(/ophiuchus)/capricorn - but if you count the 9 months backwards which is approximately how long "human" pregnancy takes, you'll notice the sun rises in virgo - virgin... Hence the virginal "birth".

And please - check the link on this post as well www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-12-2011 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

Yeah, This is what I was referring to in my first post. I was too lazy to go find it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

Decide for yourselves people. en.wikipedia.org...
'

It is true that December 25 is a Pagan thing for the solstice, BUT, Jesus could NOT be born in the winter if you read The Bible...

Yes it is a Pagan date but the question that should be asked is how could the church change the birthdate of the "son of God" to out do a Pagan celebration if he is all so important?

Krishna was NEVER pronounced "Chrishta" and was NOT resurrected! You can read the Hindu scriptures themselves for proof!
I don't comment on what I'm not researched in. Unlike some.

As for the story of Horus, he was NOT the only son of God... And his story does NOT mimic's Jesus...
You're correct. It's actually the story of Jesus that mimics that of Horus.

As for the Greek God Attis, the stories about him being resurrected came AFTER Jesus.

That's not true.www.mythencyclopedia.com... where's your link?

Justin Martyr even admitted that the Pagans were COPYING stories of Christianity and they were NOT there before...

You mean Saint Justine? No more to be said on that one.

They created these stories to create and opposition against Christianity...
That's a lie. You have just told a whopper of a lie simply because you've stated it as fact and gave no evidence to back it up and you didn't even say that you believe it to be the case and scholarly history says your'e wrong.

By the way, do you know what the word opposition means in Hebrew!? SATAN!'
All that says is that anyone who disagrees with the church is classed as evil by the church. Kind of gets to the core of it don't it? And what it actually translates to is " the opposer."

By the way, the lady that created Zeitgeist is a Satanist wanting to get rid of Christianity and create a Utopian world. Doesn't that story sound familiar like the book of revelations?

Johann Gottfried von Herder is a man. And the concept of utopia predates the bible. What else might you have missed?

What do you think of this? Can anyone refute this refutation! You be the Judge!

Easy.

I have talked crap about the Jesus story because I didn't actually do research and just believed Zeitgeist! Please if you can disprove what I said, otherwise the evidence stands that the Pagans ADDED Christian like storied AFTER Christianity was...

Have you botherd to research paganism from a scholarly perspective? I don't mean a Christian site and I don't mean a Pagan site. But through history itself.

You know how they say that the bible says that the world is flat?

It does NOT! The world "Earth" also simply meant "Land", it was not a reference to the planet but the nations or the lands!

Perhaps thats' the result fo all the people killed or who faced the threat of death at the hands of the church for saying that the world was round and not the centre of the universe.

Also, JESUS CHRIST said that no one has went to heaven but him, so what about Elijah?

Elijah ascended up to the sky NOT heaven! The word for heaven was not used there.

Christian Apologetics are making me think that maybe Jesus is true... What do you think?

"Now when the LORD was about to take Eli'jah up to heaven by a whirlwind, Eli'jah and Eli'sha were on their way from Gilgal…...............And Eli'jah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Seems heaven IS mentioned.

edit on 2-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have no doubt that a man named Jesus existed and he probably did a lot of good things but I do not believe he was the son of god. I do not believe he was born from a virgin. If people believed that back then they were victims of a hoax or worse.

I do not believe the earth is 5000 years old or that dinosoures roamed the earth the same time as man. The bible does have some factual information but for the most part it is a book of fairy tails. I am not a follower of any faith but do believe there is something more than myself behind the universe that is beyond mankinds comprehinsion.

If the OP wants to sway anyone he needs to find more reliable sources than youtube that is as factual as Glenn Beck videos. At least Beck only twists the truth most of the time.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
religion is the cause of most of our problems today, regardless of the deity being worshiped. in my opinion this alone is enough to prove there is no all powerful god since i doubt such a intelligent loving being would want people to worship him knowing all it would bring forth is war and genocide

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Yeah, the word heaven is used in English but look up the original Hebrew word... it is not the word for "heaven" but sky...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry I don't count you tube videos made by Christians as proof.....
Not bothering with this thread cos at the end of the day I don't believe any of it so....
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Exactly... proof of the religion is the religious propaganda spewing out of the fundies themselves. Incidentally.... all criminals are innocent too when you ask them. Doesn't mean we are stupid enough to believe them... but when it comes to religion... well... the brain switches off in some people.

IRM

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by fusionhunter

I know that having to get information from reliable sources like universities and the AP is so tedious and limiting, but if you want to convince people of something, that is how it works.

So private and unknown use submitted content doesn't fall into that category.

The internet barely existed when I went to college and they taught you those rules, they don't teach you that anymore?

If you tried to submit that information on a research paper it would be an automatic fail.

Or else someone could photoshop a ufo into a picture and you and half of ats would accept it as evidence......oh wait.

Spot on nixie nox....Youtube is not a reliable source"its easy for someone to post on youtube,but that doesnt make it authentic.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ahem.

Jesus Christ = Julius Caesar; the Roman church's (from Old Scotish Kirke, from the word/name Circe) saviour/messiah, to coverup the life of Yeshua ben Pandirr(ben Yosef, I have also read it as) - the son of the Panther, he was from Ethiopia, from what I /understand. He was hanged according to the Talmud, moreover, this is mentioned in Acts 10:39, where Peter states he and the disicples witnessed just that.

The actual story itself is a modification of the Gospel of Caesar, which became popular after JC was risen to the title of DIVUS IULIUS, the Right Hand of Zeus (Hey, Zeus!) Even the name for Zeus in Latin can be likened to this: JOVE is pronounced Yohway.
Ovid wrote the original 'pilot', look into his Exile, as well - check out Dante's hints in the final Circle from the Inferno - The parallels between Iesus and Iulius are plenty, and I will leave the research up to you; if you are truly seeking the truth, you will find it.

Gallia/Galilee
Nicomedes of Bitynia/Nicodemus of Bethania
Corfinium/Cafarnaum

etc etc etc

oh yeah, and Moses was actually Akhenaten.

=)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
OP you are aware plagerism is an instant FAIL?
just ask any mod

A List of the similarities between Horus and Jesus:

Horus and the Father are one.
Jesus says, "I and My Father are one. He that seeth Me, seeth Him that sent Me."

Horus is the Father seen in the Son.
Jesus claims to be the Son in whom the Father is revealed.

Horus was the light of the world, the light that is represented by the symbolical eye, the sign of salvation.
Jesus is made to declare that He is the light of the world.

Horus was the way, the truth, the life by name and in person.
Jesus is made to assert that he is the way, the truth, and the life.

Horus was the plant, the shoot, the natzar.
Jesus is made to say: "I am the true vine."

Horus says: It is I who traverse the heaven; I go round the Sekhet-Arru (the Elysian Fields); Eternity has been assigned to me without end. Lo! I am heir of endless time and my attribute is eternity.
Jesus says: " I am come down from Heaven. For this is the will of the Father that everyone who beholdeth the Son and believeth in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (He, too, claims to be lord of eternity.)

Horus says: " I open the Tuat that I may drive away the darkness."
Jesus says: " I am come a light unto the world."

Horus says: I am equipped with thy words O Ra (the father in heaven) (ch.32) and repeat them to those who are deprived of breath. (ch.38). These were the words of the father in heaven.
Jesus says: " The Father which sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. Whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 2-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by Danbones because: sorry forgot what the quote tags are I been away a while

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

jesus wasn't the only one to go to heaven. he may have been the first to speak so openly of it though. we all know heaven isnt something you have to die to reach...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
did i forget the mention of the other twenty or so virgin births crucified died and rose up and went to heaven....BEFORE JEBUS at the link in my last post?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
if jesus was killed by the 'elites' at the time because of his teachings and if these same 'elite' bloodlines are the ones that put together the bible, and its these same bloodlines still in power today,, does it make any sense that they would put anything in the bible that would empower the average human?? or would they want to control the masses???

what came first, the word christ or its association with jesus??

could this bloke have been trying to teach people about the christ within, the bit of god inside us all??

and the 'elites', seeing where this would lead, kill jesus off and some years later create a control mechanism that gets people putting their faith, belief and Energy,, "over there" away from themselves, into a character that they created.. the jesus christ "over there", when its always been about the christ within...

the vatican = roman empire. european royalty trace their lineage back to rome.. egypt, babylon n all that..

what about the story that the vatican created islam [islam= malsi= mal si = bad yes in spanish]- here's the story-www.scribd.com...

dumb down, divide and conquer,, how much more roman empireish do you want?..lol.

just my 2 cents...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join