It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US used nukes on Iraq, Afghanistan'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Btw I had read the entire thread before responding so I didn't think I needed to reiterate the research done by others.
All those papers really say is that the exposure seems to come from natural sources as expressed in other responses to your assertions.
In my view these excludes weapons or weapons material as a source for the radioactivity.

Not "flaming" your opinion, just responding to it... so don't be so touchy.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Radiation from depleted uranium ammunition is much more deadly than radiation from a few nukes.

As a person whose educational background includes nuclear physics, dosimetry and radiation protection, I can tell that you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry if there is anyone offended by my following statement: There is no such thing as war crimes. War is a chaotic mess of cruelty and death. It is not an orderly and controlled situation, please do not treat it as such. On the topic at hand though I do not believe that a nuclear weapon was used. There simply isnt enough evidence to support that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What a load a crap, this is just a fairy tale, If the US actually used Nukes in Iraq, and Afagan, many countries, scientist, watch dogs, tree huggers, and on and on, would have brought this to the worlds attention. totally BS

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sounds like BS to me, there are plenty of conventional bombs that can have destructive power that resemble tactical nukes, and would trigger earthquake registers, etc.

Simply put, no strategic need for it, so wouldn't have been used.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes, I can debunk this. I was part and parcel to most of the strike planning for the strikes on the tora bora caves and we did NOT use tactical nukes. We used many 500 pd bombs and some FAE bombs but no nukes.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweak0413
I'm sorry if there is anyone offended by my following statement: There is no such thing as war crimes. War is a chaotic mess of cruelty and death. It is not an orderly and controlled situation, please do not treat it as such. On the topic at hand though I do not believe that a nuclear weapon was used. There simply isnt enough evidence to support that conclusion.

As my old Colonel used to love to say,

"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sure is a lot of coalition operations going on at Tora Bora since the start of the war. They don't seemed to be concerned about anything so much except for the terrorist.

Snippets from source:

By Al Pessin
Pentagon
15 August 2007

The U.S. command in eastern Afghanistan is confirming that U.S. and Afghan forces are conducting an offensive against insurgents in the rugged Tora Bora region. VOA's Al Pessin reports from the Pentagon.

source: www.globalsecurity.org...

Marines Return to Tora Bora for Operation Celtics
By Sgt. 1st Class Rick Scavetta, USA
Special to American Forces Press Service

JALALABAD, Afghanistan, May 31, 2005 – When the U.S. Marine Corps' 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, ventured into the Tora Bora mountains recently to hunt down enemy fighters, they instead found Afghans eager for a brighter future.

source: osd.dtic.mil...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as war crimes why doesn't anyone mention the Russian use of butterfly mines that looked like toys and maimed so many children?

Snippet from a blog on the Afghanistan Museum:

Here’s a museum only Afghanistan could host.(or possibly Somalia, Sierra Leone, Burma or a few other counties I’ve visited of late)
The Organisation for Mine Clearance & Afghan Rehabilitation (OMAR) have been working for years attempting to clear the many thousands of land mines as well unexploded ordinance (UXO) that litter the country.
The OMAR also host an odd sort of Museum which has many of the dozens of types of land mines and UXO they have cleared on display. A highlight has got to be the Russian made “Butterfly” mines. These plastic mines are normally air dropped and have little kind of wings to float them to the ground. They also rather sadistically come in a range of kid friendly colours making them a kind of bizarro world children’s toy. This has rather sickeningly created missing arms a plenty

source: www.carlmontgomery.com...

edit on 2-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
if this would happen in our now time ..I would think that we would be in a nuclear war by now..and nukes would probably hit us....Not at all believe this info what so ever..Not even going to look at the link for it,..This would be on the news....No good ....But thanks anyways..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 31Bravo

No finding of non depleted uranium have been endorsed by peer reviewed papers.. The Uranium Medical Research Centre (UMRC) is stating that non depleted uranium was used and it is being found in residents..

1. Unanticipated outcomes of the 2002 Afghan civilian studies Radiological measurements of the uranium concentrations in Afghan civilians’ urine samples indicate abnormally high levels of non-depleted uranium. Radiological measurements of Afghan civilians’ have high concentrations of uranium in a range beginning at 4 X’s and reaching to over 20 X’s normal populations. This is 400% to 2000% higher than the study controls and normal population baselines of the concentrations of nanograms of uranium per liter of urine in a 24-hour sample. UMRC has

www.globalresearch.ca...

yea I was deployed to Afghanistan and spent a lot of time there.. in fact the COB I was stationed at was a uranium processing plant left over from the Russian invasion that still leaks uranium.

The article is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on radiation or nuclear physics and whatnot, but I've been to some of the places mentioned, and some that nobody mentioned.

Provably the readings are coming from uranium based ammunition. I'm not saying this because I know what they detected, it's just the more easier to explain. Nuclear weapons aren't something that anyone can play around, whatever may be your objectives.

Especially with this case. A nuclear bomb is perfect to destroy major developed areas, such as cities, like what they did with the 2 first atom bomb drops. But they are pretty much useless in scenarios like these. They are powerful, but not precise, and against people in caves, you need penetration, not a powerful and spread blast radius.

People should realize this by using logic. Why do you think nuclear shelters are always in mountains and below ground level? It's the best barrier against these types of bombs.

Napalm would be more effective, but the US Air Force has plenty of choice in modern bombs to do the job. It's harder to find where to hit, than to actually hit them.

And the case I mentioned earlier in the post goes back to Kosovo.

Source

Depleted uranium shells can cause birth defects and serious illness, including cancer, scientists at a conference on depleted uranium and cancers in Iraq claimed yesterday, warning that radioactivity from DU ammunition could cause health problems in Kosovo. 

Mr Coghill, a biologist who runs a research centre in Gwent, Wales, said smoke and dust from the impact of the rounds could carry radioactive particles hundreds of yards into the air and several hundred miles downwind.

If you consider the landscape in Kosovo, you can see why it's causing so many more problems than those you can relate to in Iraq/Afghanistan.

The desert helps to mask the toxic effects of this types of rounds. But we had tremendous problems with peacekeeping missions in post-Kosovo conflict, due to this same particles. Many NATO countries reported that their soldiers started to feel sick and weak after weeks of handling the A-10 fallen rounds/unused, and other types of ammunition.

by the way, isn't it ironic that this conference that I presented as source, was in Iraq before 2000, and this thread is about the US using nukes there? "Funny", eh? lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

lol is true too..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

yea I was deployed to Afghanistan and spent a lot of time there.. in fact the COB I was stationed at was a uranium processing plant left over from the Russian invasion that still leaks uranium.

The article is a hoax.

That would explain it perfectly. A nuclear weapon would not leave natural uranium behind, but daughter isotopes like caesium. There would also be the matter of the gamma radiation which would probably screw with gamma ray telescopes in orbit, never mind the Russian and Chinese satellites watching for illegal nuclear detonations in the atmosphere. Not a hoax; propaganda.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Negative. I know what this man is reffering too.

Daisy Cutters are dropped on Mountain complexes to collapse the caves in on the equipment and occupants. They are not nukes , but one of the biggest non nuclear bomb.

He wouldnt want to see a Tactical Nuke. It has about 5 times the outcome of a Daisy cutter.

- 1.8 Mile casuality radius (Possibility , ear drums , unconciousness , shrapnel). Cannot be dropped within 2 miles of friendly military personnel. (Daisy Cutter)

- 600-1000 yards of total destruction. (Daisy Cutter)

----

MOAB was rarely used as far i know. (18000 pounds)
----

20 (40000 pounds) Ton Explosion (From contact to sound , it seems they are around 8-9 Miles from Det zone)

The Bomb that is to replace the daisy cutter , for bombing fortified bunkers and moutains, is the (TMOP) The Massive Ordance Penetrator which is not much smaller than the explosion on the video.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think its sensationalizing the use of du and i doubt nukes were used. still i wouldnt agree its definate either. arguments of russian/chinese satelites are not conclusive unless a satelite was overhead at the time, as well as someone aware of the information, also we have no idea what china or russia would do for sure in said situation if it had occured simply saying these are arguments of speculation. also there have been some very small tactical nukes in the us arsenal like artilery fired or an even smaller portable infanty fired nukes that may not set off alarm bells. i dont think they were used i just dont see them as impossible to use as people claim.

ps im all for du being illegal thx all for the debate im conviced we shouldnt use.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
DeBunked!
No Nukes were used in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Acording to Dr. Busby it was a new device made in colaboration between the US and the UK.
Also, there is a good amount of information in regards to the twin towers coming down and how
this secret weapon was used to acomplish that as well. It is a long read but pretty interesting.

Towino I think posted a video (pg.2) about this and i believe is right on the money.

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A rather controversial article was posted here on ATS awhile back related to this very subject...

United States has, unbeknownst to America, detonated Nuclear Weapons in the Middle East

It's a pretty good read IMHO...

These bunker buster bombs weren't tactical nukes, but instead large fuel air bombs that USE DEPLEATED URANIUM TIPS....

THUS, Dirty nukes WERE used, in quite a large amount of frequency, within the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters...

My brother is an ex-Marine (I know - no such thing). He told me months ago (rather casually, I'm afraid) - when we were arguing over the phone about Bush possibly using nukes on Iraq - that these were just low-grade depleted uranium nukes they were talking about using - NOT the mushroom-cloud generating nukes that we traditionally think of when we talk about nukes - e.g., the ones that were used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki... Besides, he told me - the US had ALREADY used many of these low-grade depleted uranium nukes in Iraq, during the FIRST Persian Gulf war, back in the early 90's. He seemed to believe that this was common knowledge amongst the military, and most ex-military personnel. He said the only difference between Bush I and Bush II was that Bush II was being straight up front about the use of these weapons."

So... Depleated Uranium is the key to understanding the extent the U.S. has gone in 'nuking' the region.

With millions of D.U. rounds shot, and hundreds of these Bunker Buster bombs used... radiation from these D.U. devices has blanketed most of the populated regions.

YES... the U.S. has 'nuked' the middle east... no question about it.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freakshow
DeBunked!
No Nukes were used in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Acording to Dr. Busby it was a new device made in colaboration between the US and the UK.
Also, there is a good amount of information in regards to the twin towers coming down and how
this secret weapon was used to acomplish that as well. It is a long read but pretty interesting.

Towino I think posted a video (pg.2) about this and i believe is right on the money.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Thank you for your reply. Your link puts a different angle on events. It will take me a while to look through it and digest it. But it looks like what it is saying is that cold fusion devices were used..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

USE DEPLEATED URANIUM TIPS...

Thank you for the link to the ATS. I will read through it when I have time. Just wanted to point out that the uranium found in residents in this case is non depleted uranium.....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. Your link puts a different angle on events. It will take me a while to look through it and digest it. But it looks like what it is saying is that cold fusion devices were used..

My take on this is the same, a bomb the size of a baseball that can powderize a 500,000 ton building.
This in fact would be worse than nukes.
Just keeps getting better and better.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join