It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God greater then Allah?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Of course God is greater than allah. allah is just another word for satan.

I guess according to this logic anything you don't understand by default is Satan.

"I don't understand this thing that is different therefore it is Satan."

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by diamondsmith

My apologies for being crabby, but I would have liked to have seen your opinion on the topic. I think that's fairly conventional around here.

Also, good luck finding a definition for both the terms God and Allah, that people will agree on. Those who define one as the real and true God will choose that one as the greatest. The others will dodge your question by saying they're the same thing, or that neither exists.

My opinion? Tell me who or what Allah is (since I'm not sure) and I'll give you my answer.
God love his children.Allah love his children.Are children to decide who is greatest?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Really, what is up with these posts lately? Since when do "my daddy is stronger than your daddy" posts have anything to do with conspiracies? It is becoming more and more difficult to not think that this site has denigrated to a bunch of trolls
edit on 1-12-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought Ra was the greatest. After all, he pulls the sun across the sky for us every single day.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
there is only 1 god in my eyes and he goes by the name of chuck norris

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
I thought Ra was the greatest. After all, he pulls the sun across the sky for us every single day.
Yeah I like RA but the Egyptians are in trouble so his not that good...!Joking.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Unlikely, since in theology they are one in the same.

Allah translates into "supreme being", from the arabic Allahu.
Allahu is a contraction of al-Ilahu, from al (the) Ilah (God), related to the
Hebrew Elohim, a name of God in the bible (c.1600) which roughly
translates into pl. "of Majesty" from Eloh (God) and El (God).
Elohim is generally taken as singular, and is used by scholars instead of
the more popular Yahveh in regards to the Old Testament.

The main difference between the Christian faith, Jewish faith, and Islamic faith
are their beliefs about Christ, however they are all Abrahamic Religions.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 1-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
there is only 1 god in my eyes and he goes by the name of chuck norris
Chuck Norris?Is he a preacher?Joking

link   
I believe they are the same thing lost in translation. The statement itself "Is God greater than Allah" is flawed as Allah is a God in Islam texts. Christianity has God but with no name attributed to him in Christian texts (There are some names in Christian texts for God but most people reffer to the name as just God in western civilization). It's like saying "Is Cat greater than Garfield." Well Garfield is a cat soooo....
edit on 1-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Trolloks

Neither Jews, Christians, nor Muslims worship the prophets. That would be idolatry.

Ummm, yes they do. Jews worshop Moses as well as God, Christianity worships Jesus more than God, celebrating his life by christmas, easter, etc etc. Even though Jesus said himself not to worship him, but worship God. Muslims worship Allah, as well as Mohammed, however they worship God/Allah more.

Hence the reasoning for all of the holy wars, even though they all worship the same God, they fight over how to worship him. Be it Moses way, Jesus's way, or Mohammed's way.

This is why I personally believe that all three major religions are flawed.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Zeus is greater than all of them

As I noted in another post, all prayers by Jews, Christians and Muslims end with some variation of the word "Amen," which is meant to evoke the power of the powerful hidden Egyptian creator god, Amen. So we all really know who the real boss of gods is.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
I believe they are the same thing lost in translation. The statement itself "Is God greater than Allah" is flawed as Allah is a God in Islam texts. Christianity has God but with no name attributed to him in Christian texts. It's like saying "Is Cat greater than Garfield."
Or cat and Garf greater then a dog?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Some would say that God and Allah are just different names for the same supreme being.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Some would say that God and Allah are just different names for the same supreme being.
Ok I agree with you but why wars ,could they just fall to some peace?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only God is God, DUH!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Religious wars are caused by misunderstandings of their own scriptures...

Mans fault not Gods

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You can find people who say all kinds of things. Doesn't make them true.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If either god is real, why doesn't he straighten us all out on the truth? Why sit wherever he is and let us squabble. Who knows, maybe everybody is wrong.

Didn't both of these gods intervene in human history according to ancient writings? Didn't they commune with select peoples, such as prophets? Why not commune with all of us the same way? Why give that kind of power to a single human being? Did it mess up their free will when he did so? Why can't we all have that experience?
edit on 1-12-2011 by Hydroman because: fix quote

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
The only God is God, DUH!
And his name is...Allah?...God?...And when people of different religions go to war what they scream in the name of GodAllah?I wonder if someone of you knows some words of war wisdom from those Gods!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

If either god is real, why doesn't he straighten us all out on the truth? Why sit wherever he is and let us squabble. Who knows, maybe everybody is wrong.

Didn't both of these gods intervene in human history according to ancient writings? Didn't they commune with select peoples, such as prophets? Why not commune with all of us the same way? Why give that kind of power to a single human being? Did it mess up their free will when he did so? Why can't we all have that experience?
edit on 1-12-2011 by Hydroman because: fix quote

You can once you understand what God is...

He gave us the truth through his Son... then the rest of the bible screwed that "truth" up and confused the world.

God does not intervene because sooner or later you will face him one way or the other. If you chose the wrong path you will be judged for your actions when you pass either way. So theres no need for him to intervene...

Its already a perfect system

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join