It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God greater then Allah?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Who is greatest Allah or God.

God or Allah

And why

Texthis study examines the crucial question that needs to be addressed which is whether the God presented in the Quran is indeed the same God revealed in the Holy Bible. The Quran alleges that the God of Islam, Allah, is indeed the God of Abraham and hence the God of Scripture, Yahweh Elohim. But is this the case? Are we to assume that just because the Quran states that Allah is Yahweh of the Bible that both Jews and Christians are obligated to believe this to be true? Or do we examine the nature and attributes of Allah in order to compare them with the biblical portrait of Yahweh to find if this is the case?
link(www.answering-islam.org...

TextGod is most often conceived of as the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the many different conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.
link(en.wikipedia.org...

Who is greater then God?Who is greater then Allah?

Are there any true believers left to gave an answer to this question,and if they are the same why wars and famine and suffering in this small world!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Of course God is greater than allah. allah is just another word for satan.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Zeus is greater than all of them

link   
Allah is actually another name for God , not satan .

link   
Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same God, but worship different prophets. All 3 holy books however mention Moses and Jesus, even the Quran, however the word Allah and the prophet Mohammed are only in the Quran because it is a later book.

The word Allah most likely derived from the Hebrew word for God.

link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

They're both the same... the result of human DNA and the gaps that were solved when the reptilians came. Let's say it's sort of proven these flawed species need some type of religion.

Unfortunately only a few were worthy to be hybrid thus so many soulless people scavenge the world looking to save what they do not have.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Neither Jews, Christians, nor Muslims worship the prophets. That would be idolatry.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Zeus is greater than all of them
Who is Zeus?Someone we know?And what religion have Zeus?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Pikachu is greater than them all... ALL HAIL THE PIKACHU!

link   
Call Him this or that, how about make it simple? and call Him simply 'The Creator of the universe', 'The Master of the universe'? I know the last one sounds a bit like He-Man 'Masters of the Universe', but the real Master of the universe is clearly the Creator of the Universe. Why all the clearly intentional debates on what's a better title for the ultimate deity? Although I have watched a youtube video from an Ex-Muslim describing his opinion that Muhammad was writing in the 3rd person and replacing his name with Allah, a theory that might actually hold some water.

link   
I think we should wait to see what happens in the next World War before we decide which is greater, Muslim's Allah or the Judeo-Christian God. Whichever side wins, their god is the greatest. That's the way these things have always been determined, and I don't see any reason to break precedent now.

link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Of course God is greater than allah. allah is just another word for satan.
If Allah is satan,then who is God?His father?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If there is only one God as Christians and Jews proclaim, then he would have to be the same God, would he not?

Same referential entity, different names, both a humanized misunderstanding of what God really is. I mean he is always portrayed as male is he not? Another misunderstanding of the very nature of the concept of God. These are misunderstandings that should have, and could have been put to rest long ago.

To my mind a personality is a mark of humanity or mortality which is akin to ego, and yet most religions are quick to assign this limitation to God. I tend to agree with the Buddhists and one of their scriptures, the Upanishads in it's view of the God-head.

Anyway that's my two cents worth.

BTW I just watched James Carroll's Constantine's Sword on Netflix today. It is interesting that you post this right afterwards. It is directly in context with this question and covers not only the Crusade that we are involved in now, but how the same treatment we now apply to Islamists was applied to the Jews for centuries by the Catholics. It even showed how the horrors of NAZI Germany towards the Jews was minor when compared to the Catholic persecution which lasted three centuries.

Considered with the findings of the Yale Divinity school's investigation of the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs a few years back, it becomes more than obvious that we are being handled to a degree which is dangerous and led in a direction which can only lead to more persecution, only this time the the US are the perpetrators.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters

They're both the same... the result of human DNA and the gaps that were solved when the reptilians came. Let's say it's sort of proven these flawed species need some type of religion.

Unfortunately only a few were worthy to be hybrid thus so many soulless people scavenge the world looking to save what they do not have.

Considering theres no proof a human/reptilian species exist on this planet... and also considering religion does more harm then good for the real humans on this planet...

I'd love to know how you came to the conclusion that said non-existant reptilian species are soulless... yet need religion.... when man does not...

link   

In ancient Syria and Canna, the Moon-god Sin was usually represented by the moon in its crescent phase. At times the full moon was placed inside the crescent moon to emphasize all the phases of the moon. The sun-goddess was the wife of Sin and the stars were their daughters. For example, Istar was a daughter of Sin. Sacrifices to the Moon-god are described in the Pas Shamra texts. In the Ugaritic texts, the Moon-god was sometimes called Kusuh. In Persia, as well as in Egypt, the Moon-god is depicted on wall murals and on the heads of statues. He was the Judge of men and gods. The Old Testament constantly rebuked the worship of the Moon-god (see: Deut. 4:19;17:3; II Kngs. 21:3,5; 23:5; Jer. 8:2; 19:13; Zeph. 1:5, etc.) When Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually the cult of the Moon-god. As a matter of fact, everywhere in the ancient world, the symbol of the crescent moon can be found on seal impressions, steles, pottery, amulets, clay tablets, cylinders, weights, earrings, necklaces, wall murals, etc. In Tell-el-Obeid, a copper calf was found with a crescent moon on its forehead. An idol with the body of a bull and the head of man has a crescent moon inlaid on its forehead with shells. In Ur, the Stela of Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the register of gods because the Moon-god was the head of the gods. Even bread was baked in the form of a crescent as an act of devotion to the Moon-god. The Ur of the Chaldees was so devoted to the Moon-god that it was sometimes called Nannar in tablets from that time period.
The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles is refuted by solid, overwhelming archeological evidence. Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god. As such, it is sheer idolatry and must be rejected by all those who follow the Torah and Gospel.

edit on 1-12-2011 by TylerDurden2U because: added reason for claim

link   

God would be the creator of the universe. If Allah "is Satan", he would be a fallen angel; angels being created beings.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Although I have watched a youtube video from an Ex-Muslim describing his opinion that Muhammad was writing in the 3rd person and replacing his name with Allah, a theory that might actually hold some water.

Well, that kind of talk is just the worst kind of blasphemy, and I'm sure he has a price on his head, if he's not dead already. Those folks just do not have any sense of humor, and don't tolerate criticism well at all -- literary or otherwise.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

If there is only one God as Christians and Jews proclaim, then he would have to be the same God, would he not?

Not necessarily, especially if the two holy books reveal God/Allah differently, i.e., he has different attributes.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My apologies for being crabby, but I would have liked to have seen your opinion on the topic. I think that's fairly conventional around here.

Also, good luck finding a definition for both the terms God and Allah, that people will agree on. Those who define one as the real and true God will choose that one as the greatest. The others will dodge your question by saying they're the same thing, or that neither exists.

My opinion? Tell me who or what Allah is (since I'm not sure) and I'll give you my answer.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I think we should wait to see what happens in the next World War before we decide which is greater, Muslim's Allah or the Judeo-Christian God. Whichever side wins, their god is the greatest. That's the way these things have always been determined, and I don't see any reason to break precedent now.
Why those two gods didn't fight alone and let us live in peace?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join