It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't the light from the UFO show up on video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello All

I'd like to offer this video for my very first thread because I have had no luck in trying to figure this one out, and I'd love to read what everyone thinks.

On the night of September 8 of this year, my husband and I were on our back porch having a last cigarette before going to bed. I stepped out into the yard and to my left in the sky I saw an extremely bright, multi-colored rotating light. I made him come and see and then went into the house and grabbed our camcorder (Aiptek HD Camcorder about 3 years old).

And here's the thing - as I was filming I saw that the light wasn't showing up on the little video window – I could see some kind of dark rotating ball, but for some reason the camera was not picking up the light from it. I panned down to the street lights and the other lights around – and they showed up just fine. After about a minute, I stopped filming to go inside and take a look at the video on the computer to see if the light showed up on the video, and maybe just didn't show up on the little video window on the camera itself - but it was the same thing - just a dark rotating ball. When I went back out to try again, of course, it was gone.

So my question is – has anyone else ever experienced this? A ufo's lights not showing up on video? The more time has gone by, the more it has been bothering me. How could that bright of a light not show up on video when the other, closer but much less bright lights showed up just fine?

Also - I know there are some video experts in here – will someone please take a look at this thing for me? I haven't done any kind of enhancements, mainly because I don't know how – and I'd love to see this thing a little more clearly, and perhaps zoomed in?
Please oh wise and powerful people that know how to do such things with video?

Oh – and before you watch – make sure you don't have the volume up high at the end (about the 50 second mark), or my goofy nervous laughter will blow out your eardrums. You've been warned.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Most cameras are designed to work in the day time so the sensors are not sensitive enough for small spots of light at night time. In a Stills camera this would be the the ISO setting.

I tried to film UFOs with a camera before and got nothing but a tiny faint dot in total blackness. Quiet useless.

But when people DO manage to get film UFO's they must have been very bright in the night sky. Which a lot of people dont consider.

edit on 29-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Indeed the 33 second mark clearly shows a small whitish dot. More than likely a star.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well I am no expert, but the reason might be because of the lights from the city. It is known that they block out a lot of the more distant stars, and only the near stars are visible from the city. It's got to do with physics. On the other hand, you go out to an isolated area in the country, you'll see much more on a clear(not cloudy) night. The stars are so clear that you could reach out to touch them.

There is also the make-up of the lights(Earth) themselves. Mercury as opposed to sodium. In San Diego County, they started changing out and reducing the number of Mercury lights and using Sodium lights. This is due to the fact the Merc lights are brighter and block much more of the stars.

We have the Palomar Observatory on Palomar Mountain and this was done to allow the observatory to conduct their work.

I can tell you this, you film that out in the rural areas in the boonies, then you see everything. Don't feel bad, I was able to see the UFO there. Props to ya! Me, I'd have probably forgotten to take off the lens cap off! ;-)
Troy Lawson
edit on 29-11-2011 by lawman1007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have seen this issue on my Samsung galaxy s 4g phone. I took a picture of what looked like odd stars with a triangular outline but none of that showed up(even the lights of the stars) I even messed with the settings and took the highest quality image I could, drove me nuts. I wasn't under the impression it was a UFO for mine, but just wanted to send it in to have someone try to explain to me but it just didn't happen.

(mine did follow the orbit of the stars, you know each night it was in the same relative position as the other stars around it even though it moved so to speak each night)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Most cameras are designed to work in the day time so the sensors are not sensitive enough for small spots of light at night time. In a Stills camera this would be the the ISO setting.

It's very frustrating - it was so bright in person. I need a better camera.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Indeed the 33 second mark clearly shows a small whitish dot. More than likely a star.

I didn't realize how poorly this showed up on a small screen - especially considering how poorly it showed up in general. However, it is right there from the beginning of the video, which may be easier to see if you watch it on full screen.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawman1007
There is also the make-up of the lights(Earth) themselves. Mercury as opposed to sodium. In San Diego County, they started changing out and reducing the number of Mercury lights and using Sodium lights. This is due to the fact the Merc lights are brighter and block much more of the stars.

Thanks for the info about the mercury and sodium lights. I was wondering about something along those lines, actually - like if the type or make up of the light had anything to do with it not showing up well. I didn't even consider the other lights drowning it out visually, however, since it looked so bright to me at the time.

Don't feel bad, I was able to see the UFO there. Props to ya! Me, I'd have probably forgotten to take off the lens cap off! ;-)
Troy Lawson
edit on 29-11-2011 by lawman1007 because: (no reason given)

Well I'm glad someone could see it!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I have seen this issue on my Samsung galaxy s 4g phone. I took a picture of what looked like odd stars with a triangular outline but none of that showed up(even the lights of the stars) I even messed with the settings and took the highest quality image I could, drove me nuts. I wasn't under the impression it was a UFO for mine, but just wanted to send it in to have someone try to explain to me but it just didn't happen.

Frustrating.... Anyone have any suggestions on a good (relatively cheap) camera or video recorder for night time recordings?

(mine did follow the orbit of the stars, you know each night it was in the same relative position as the other stars around it even though it moved so to speak each night)

This just showed up, as far as I know. I certainly never noticed it before or since, and I am always looking.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

The thread is discussing something very unusual that isn't a star, is a multicolored ufo light, much like the Vernon lights I imagine, AND its realizing something about the camera's most ppl have.

That isnt the only problem, a craft covered by a red light, looks an an orb, even if you've seen what it is.

All a photo is, is a tiny bit of supporting evidence for the only real evidence TESTIMONY, and whatever studies, regression, or implants/wounds, etc there are. If those exist.

TESTIMONY = KING OF THE HILL!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

Was it anything like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Similar Colored Lights UFO's Vernon and Summerland BC

Videos in Okanagan on the thread by two different people.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Was it anything like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Similar Colored Lights UFO's Vernon and Summerland BC

Videos in Okanagan on the thread by two different people.

Thank you so much for the link to the other thread - in person it looked extremely similar to the ones posted in the videos. And it has that same kind of chaotic rotation - that's the thing I was hoping someone could make more clear through some sort of video enhancement. Alas no one will help! I guess I'm off to try and figure out how to do that myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't think they could add the colors, those would just be faked but there are things they might be able to do with some pictures, or videos, though not sure how enhanced yours could become.

But my family has witnessed crafts. We didn't get the multicolored strobed ones, but many types of crafts, some were the black ops monitoring, ie. tr3b's/black triangles, and that one, the second we'd seen without any lights very low over our roof as if to say, yeah we're monitoring you, and intimidating us, flew with the scout planes, and we've had black choppers chase our crafts, plus contact, abductions, wounds and some without wounds, some telepathic and pulled, and my son and I both saw a grey right at the glass sliding doors at two different occasions just prior to abductions, mine was rose colored, twiggy type, he chose an online one that looked like the delicate grey at the window in the video that was on the news.

For 1 1/2 years they appeared suddenly, would go over our roof, come back, sometimes get chased by the choppers. Then, when I finally stopped rejecting the different ways they contact and do things, they disappeared, but I also just stopped going out, rarely go out now, whereas we had been going out every night, after the first sighting and I prayed for the world.

The most typical craft we saw was covered in a red light, about the size of a tr3b, but we did have occasion to see it at the roof, where the city lights started, and it was a saucer. They usually disappeared right at the roof, from 50 feet, one of them, to 150-200 feet roughly, so really low, soundless. Some would carry on over town and arc way up high suddenly so no one would think twice if they saw it probably way up high.

I didn't have a camera that worked at the time, but wouldn't have bothered trying to run in and getting it, if it did, it sure didn't take night shots.

Considering they get chased they're safer if they don't show up and reveal their energy signature that apparently can be picked up on radar.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
then, can someone tell what ISO is recomended fro taking good shots in night from UFO's?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

1) Because basic camera's suck at night

2) If indeed you were filming an alien craft it's possible the frequencies of light were not visible to your camera at all

Hope this helps

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkscorpio
then, can someone tell what ISO is recomended fro taking good shots in night from UFO's?

ISO selection is important, but it's more important to use a good tripod. A well exposed photograph that suffers from a bad case of "camera-shake" is just as useless as a badly underexposed photograph.

Most objects seen in the night sky are relatively dim (compared with day-time photography), so increasing the ISO is helpful for avoiding under-exposure, BUT it will also have the effect of making your photograph more noisy, so it's important to find the sweet spot on your camera where your photographs are well exposed but not excessively noisy.

All cameras are different in their high ISO performance - more recent DSLRs tend to be less noisy at higher ISOs than older DSLRs. "Point-n-shoot" digital cameras have significantly smaller sensors than DSLRs, which means they have much worse high ISO performance than DSLRs.

You will need to experiment to find out what is acceptable, but I would suggest trying ISOs 400, 800, and possibly 1600 if you have a relatively recent (a few years old) DSLR. Don't bother with the "in-between" ISO settings (eg it's better to use ISO 800 rather than ISO 640) as they are not hardware implemented settings (on many cameras - certainly all of Canon's DSLR offerings), and will give you worse performance than the standard settings.

The only way around these issues is to use longer shutter speeds (hence why a tripod is important) and/or faster lenses.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

But my family has witnessed crafts.

My family sees them as well, and has as far back as my grandparent's generation at least. I see them the most, followed now by my son and my niece.

For 1 1/2 years they appeared suddenly, would go over our roof, come back, sometimes get chased by the choppers. Then, when I finally stopped rejecting the different ways they contact and do things, they disappeared, but I also just stopped going out, rarely go out now, whereas we had been going out every night, after the first sighting and I prayed for the world.

They've been coming around us much more frequently since 2007, and like you - I don't go out nearly as much as I used to. It just wears on you after awhile.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titor86

1) Because basic camera's suck at night

2) If indeed you were filming an alien craft it's possible the frequencies of light were not visible to your camera at all

Hope this helps

Yes and yes - and yes. That was the thing I've been trying to find out - if there are frequencies of light that we know about that are not visible to crappy cameras, but are visible to the naked eye.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by followingpythagoras
That was the thing I've been trying to find out - if there are frequencies of light that we know about that are not visible to crappy cameras, but are visible to the naked eye.

No - the opposite is true (at least in some cases).... but of course no one is going to listen to someone who uses cameras professionally

edit on 1-12-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: clarification

top topics

join