It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by smithjustinb

This is just an illusion and first step to be an atheist.

There is living and dying. Lord will be going to judge you by the truth , not by the curtains of illusion.

Please , wake up before it is too late.

I am not an atheist. I had this belief before and it led to me being an atheist. But then I realized there was a God and I was it.
Yes! The search for God begins with the search for who you and me really are. Unfortunately God can only be so big at any given point in time. Thus it is my hope that we never meet up with the devil and discover that he is bigger than we are. "Eternity, thou pleasing dreadful thought!" Joseph Addison

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
LOVE your concept and I can actually say I agree wholeheartedly. A while back, i had a very similar outlook. i shared it with my booyfriend at the time, he told me i was bat ^&%$ crazy and i needed to change my attitude. LOL within a couple weeks he packed up and moved out

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The true recognition, appropriation and sympathetic harmonious understanding of Jesus Christ and who and what he is and represents IS the revelation of Christ at the end of time, of he who was, is and is to come. "I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last."

The seven Churches and the 7 lamp stands, is about the human being fully self realized as he approaches the stature of Christ ie: 7 chakras.

The deep sixing of the beast into the abyss, that is the great work "abyss" meaning oblivion or annihilation, and what we see now are it's last gasps as it flails around.

We are in the birth pangs right now, surely that much is obvious, but the whole thing needn't be taken literally. Instead, it can be viewed as a picture of transformation.

I am the Bride of Christ, for a wedding reception soon coming.

We do not need to be afraid and have nothing to fear, we're almost there, the time is coming when the old, outmoded worldview or paradigm and way of being will pass away, and then we will come to see face to face as we are, and come to know as we are known.

Do not look up or in any particular direction - look within, and enjoy the Lord in the comingling of the spirit of God and man.

The text is dead unless is it brought to life and made manifest.

Jesus was interested in and invites us into what might be called a participatory eschatology (look it up).

The Bible is and will remain as a point of reference, but it's our heart which God wants to cohabitate with us.

Whoever has not or is not falling in love with JC doesn't really have him, and doesn't really eat him or "grok" him.

Belief in, is just the first step, when what's desired, is the intimate, participative sharing of koinonia, and the time for that is now.

We can if we wish, bypass all the horros and mayham and turn to the last page of the Bible. After all, it's the story of us, of you and me as God's people.

edit on 1-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3
LOVE your concept and I can actually say I agree wholeheartedly. A while back, i had a very similar outlook. i shared it with my booyfriend at the time, he told me i was bat ^&%$ crazy and i needed to change my attitude. LOL within a couple weeks he packed up and moved out

Possible love connection with the OP?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dumbest post ever. If i don't exist and you don't exist why are you talking about Jesus, wouldn't he not exist as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Stop feeding the trolls!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IshmaelKipling
Stop feeding the trolls!

That's a driveby troll-post if I ever saw one.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

lol not quite what i was saying

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by nii900

Sorry i don't understand what you have written, i would like to though.

there is some percieved reflection like a multiple wave ..with orbital head or directed by it..dunno
Orbital mechanics en.wikipedia.org...

"What exists is only the perceiver of both the dream and the waking state - the "I”. Know that “I”; and know that “I” is the same as ”He” (God)... " www.radiosai.org.../11/2011
www.radiosai.org.../12/2011
Reflection_(mathematics) en.wikipedia.org...(mathematics)

A reflection through an axis followed by a reflection across a second axis parallel to the first one results in a total motion which is a translation.

In mathematics, a reflection (also spelled reflexion) is a mapping from a Euclidean space to itself that is an isometry with a hyperplane as set of fixed points; this set is called the axis (in dimension 2) or plane (in dimension 3) of reflection. The image of a figure by a reflection is its mirror image in the axis or plane of reflection. For example the mirror image of the small Latin letter p for a reflection with respect to a vertical axis would look like q. Its image by reflection in a horizontal axis would look like b. A reflection is an involution: when applied twice in succession, every point returns to its original location, and every geometrical object is restored to its original state.

The term "reflection" is sometimes used for a larger class of mappings from a Euclidean space to itself, namely the non-identity isometries that are involutions. Such isometries have a set of fixed points (the "mirror") that is an affine subspace, but is possibly smaller than a hyperplane. For instance a reflection through a point is an involutive isometry with just one fixed point; the image of the letter p under it would look like a d. This operation is also known as a central inversion (Coxeter 1969, §7.2), and exhibits Euclidean space as a symmetric space. In a Euclidean vector space, the reflection in the point situated at the origin is the same as vector negation. Other examples include reflections in a line in three dimensional space. Typically, however, unqualified use of the term "reflection" means reflection in a hyperplane.

A figure which does not change upon undergoing a reflection is said to have reflectional symmetry.

The Cosmos does not exist. It is an illusion. It never is, has been or will be.
The Creation of the Cosmos, the dissolution of the Cosmos, the billions of individuals
emerging and merging, all this is but a dream. There is no individual Jivatma (soul) at all.
There is only One Indivisible Complete Absolute. Like the one sun reflected as a billion suns in a lakes,
ponds, and drops of water, the Jivatmas are but reflections of the One in the minds that it shines upon.

- BABA

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I exist. But as long as it is a separate, individualistic "I", then it is a false sense of identity.

This is the sort of rhetoric I'm critical of. How can you assert such a statement with such confidence? Of course the ego, the psychological sense of self is separate and individual. Perhaps on a subatomic physical level we may not be, but you're talking about the ego - which certainly does exist and which certainly is unique.

All of our senses of self are pretty much, in my view, the results of combinations/re-combinations of varying existing views, beliefs, values, paradigms etc. through emergent learning. Our brains (wherein the identity resides) are also disconnected from one another's. Hence, the 'I' is not a false sense of identity - it is a self-evident truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

The Cosmos does not exist. It is an illusion. It never is, has been or will be.
The Creation of the Cosmos, the dissolution of the Cosmos, the billions of individuals
emerging and merging, all this is but a dream. There is no individual Jivatma (soul) at all.
There is only One Indivisible Complete Absolute.

Hm, lots of questions to be asked of a statement like this.

The cosmos does exist. It is. If nothing exists then how can an Indivisible Complete Absolute exist? If the ICA lives, then you should have some sort of rational justification to explain how only this can exist. Or do you base most of your ideologies around one certain idea, shaping arguments to fit around that one basic principle?

Would you care to define what you mean by 'dream'? Where did you learn this? What logic or evidence is it based on?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i am tired now arollingstone(whats in the name ten-sourze?)
"If nothing exists then how can an Indivisible Complete Absolute exist? " = nothing iexists s as 1 and ICA is as 1 perciever so its 2 as a imaginery sum where nothing provides for the rules the ICA keep percieving
..................later

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

If you look around your room you will say that you see separate 'things', a monitor, a keyboard, walls etc. But really what is seen is an image, one image. As humans we separate the one image that is seen into two 'me' and image. Really there is an image and that is all. We have believed ouselves into existance. We believe we exist separate to the whole.
This believed in entity has 'named' itself separate to the image. The entity is never separate from the image because it is happening as one. The image is God. The imagined separate identity is man. Man has been 'man' ufactuered, he is a fabrication. Man is 'made' from the image of God.
The thought that says 'me' or 'i' is a no more than a thought that grows and separates the image into more and more and more 'things'. 'Things' and 'thoughts' are the same, thinking is imagining that there are things. The world seems to be full of lots of different separate 'things'. The 'things' could be called the content of your experience. There are many 'things' in your experience but only one experience, one image. The one image that is your experience right now is one 'thing' but it is not really a 'thing'.
The 'thing' that is not a 'thing' is this present moment and you combined. You might 'think' you are a 'thing' but really you are occuring, you are happening.
The happening is always occuring presently.
There are no 'things' as such. The human has ability to build a 3d world of 'things' out of this nowness, this nothingness (no thingness).
There is 'this'. Out of the appearance we construct a solid 'real' world (residual image). There is no solid world, even scientists will tell you that they have not found any mass (matter) yet.
The only real thing is now, presence. Can presence be called a thing?
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

How can you deny what's right in front of you? People exist, material exists, the universe exists. God however, cannot. We are but seperate to the universe as a whole yes, but how does that deny our existance as well as everything else we see?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jesselacey

There are 30 pages discussing this topic, it is debatable.
No one is denying what is seen. What is seen is real in essence. But where are 'you' in what is seen? Can you find a separate 'you' out of which is seen? Or is the seen and the seer one?
edit on 2-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
How can I prove I exist? The immediate answer tends to be, "Just look around you. You can see things, including yourself in the mirror. You can feel yourself, you can hear and taste, you are self-aware," etc.

But all of those are perceptions, processed by the mind. So then the question becomes: how can I be 100% certain of my perceptions? The immediate answer tends to be, "Other people can verify your own evidence." How? Through their perceptions. So then the question again becomes: how can I be 100% certain of perceptions?

This is why I say, in a strict sense, I can't prove my own existence. All I can know with certitude is that there is "something." What that is in any absolute sense, I have no way of knowing by my standards.

Then we have the issue of consciousness. What is it? Is it an emergent property arising from the different organs of the brain interacting? Is it just a subjective crossection of some unseen processes intersecting in a program of some kind? Is it the focal point of several beams of light in a hall of mirrors (obviously the latter is a metaphor on my part)? I don't know. What I do know is that psychologists, psychiatrists, biologists, neurologists, computer models, and a bevy of other evidence even by those who believe we do, empirically, objective "exist," are leaning toward consciousness not being at all like what we experience it as subjectively as we live our lives. So it is most certainly a valid question, even within that context, let alone beyond it.

If people are going to label anyone who asks these questions or entertains these thoughts insane or deluded, then you have to start with a very long, distinguished list of philosophers of the mind over many centuries of human history before you even get to those posting in this topic.

Just my two cents.
edit on 12/2/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos and clarification

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Now you're telling me something I know and understand! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

they keep meaning to follow free positive source able to b fully their source all, they are about nothing positive free bc free positive sense exist in nothing, so there the mirror truth reflection to reverse truth, from free positive they become positive free

but that is what they want not what they are, what i was saying mean nothing essentially while all existence from such ever times is done to rectify that fact, since objective truth was there at the first place before being caught in reverse way

that is why consciousness for them must serve them to get fully reversed back

while their beings conscious prove that they cant get back to before conscious while conscious prove that all objectively is clearly achieved, they are free

so as i always repeat, there is no such thing called consciousness, there is a fact that truth is free
so any could easily be true and be free out of being true

they keep meaning source, when u get to truth finish no source it is truth

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Deetermined

2 Corinthians 13:5

"5) Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?"

There is a difference between us being the body of Christ and the spirit of Christ being in us. We are the body of Christ because we are all one. The spirit of Christ in us is when we behave as Christ so that the light of Christ shines through us. That light is love. So this passage is really telling us to examine if there is love in us. If we have love, we can see that Christ is in us, but even without love, we are in him.

One way, we are in him. The other way, he is in us. Do you see the difference?

We will be in him because he loves us. He will be in us because we love him.
edit on 1-12-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

I guess we should take a look at the surrounding scriptures to see if your interpretation sounds true:

2 Corinthians 13:5-10

5) "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 6) And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test. 7) Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong—not so that people will see that we have stood the test but so that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed. 8) For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth. 9) We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is that you may be fully restored. 10) This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority—the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down."

I still think that Paul is talking about the "restoration" of "faith" in order to stay strong and not be weak in the "faith".

edit on 1-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Faith in this context is referring to faith in love. Jesus loves us so we are in him. All of us. All are one in him. When we love him then he is in us. Why else would Jesus say, "I am in the father and the father is in me" if it wasn't of bidirectional significance? It is bidirectional. When we have faith in Jesus, we have faith in love as love and selflessness is what he taught. Dying on the cross was the ultimate act of selflessness. He gave him self up for the world. That is the definition of selflessness. That is what this thread is about is selflessness.

We aren't saved by some magic trick that happened when Jesus died on the cross. We are saved because the ultimate act of selfless behavior was exemplified on the cross. So now we know it is possible. And now we know that we can be just like Jesus and do greater miracles than he did if only we follow his teachings. Ultimately, these teachings are summarized by selflessness.

John 14
" Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

SOURCE: biblegateway.com

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoBee
Dumbest post ever. If i don't exist and you don't exist why are you talking about Jesus, wouldn't he not exist as well.

We all exist, but the concept of individuality is false and separation is an illusion, so it is not me and it is not you and it is not the computer, it is us. all is one.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join