It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove: 'Obama Doesn't Consider Himself a Mere Mortal"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Story Here and video here

Former George W. Bush presidential adviser Karl Rove says he found Barack Obama so arrogant that he doesn’t consider himself a “mere mortal.” ....

My view of him is that he’s incredibly smart. He can, if he wants to, be enormously charming. But he’s also the most self-aware person I’ve ever met in politics, which makes for a deadly combination. He is arrogant and aloof and diffident and doesn’t believe he needs to get his hands dirty with the normal work of mortals. He’s not a mere mortal in his mind. "

I'm not a fan of Rove but I've gotta' agree with him on this one.
All that self-messianic language Obama pulled while campaigning ...
All his - sit back and let everyone else do the work - approach to the Oval Office...
Even the 'little' things like his greek temple he had erected during the campaign ...
His massive travel caravan to India and all that went with it ...

Vote for Obamessiah and save the planet ... (his words!) ... three more of his quotes -

"This is the moment when we must come together to save this planet. Let us resolve that we will not leave our children a world where the oceans rise and famine spreads and terrible storms devastate our lands " - Obama

"My administration is the only thing between you [CEO's] and the pitchforks." - Obama

"The day I'm inaugurated, this country looks at itself differently and the world looks at America differently. If you believe that we've got to heal America and we've got to repair our standing in the world, then I think my supporters believe that I am a messenger who can deliver that message around the world in a way that no other candidate can do." - Obama

Oh .. speaking of Obama quotes .. remember these ???
How'd they turn out?

"I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes"

"I don't take a dime of their [lobbyist] money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House"

I"'ve been fighting with Acorn, alongside Acorn, on issues you care about, my entire career"

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby"

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations"

Oh ... and according to Obama ... hiphop 'music' is smart and insightful ... all that angry blame the man and rape the ho's and shoot the cops chatter is 'smart and insightful' - His quote on hip-hop -
"The thing about hip-hop today is it's smart, it's insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable"

more quotes
edit on 11/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

edit on 11/29/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/29/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note-- ALL external content is to use EX tags, not quote tags.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The point?
Karl Rove said something negative about Obama?
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!

Then you go on with a bunch of negative nonsense? So you saw something you liked, that is kind of to be expected and used it as an excuse to cherry pick other things to criticize?

Can you just give me one good reason I should care if Karl Rove said something negative about Obama?

Would you care is Bill Clinton said something negative about one of the Republican candidates?
Seriously. Would you post that and then list some negative things about them?

Can you answer any of this or is the hate too thick?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby"

HAHAHA you got to have morals to be able to teach them

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Vote for Obamessiah and save the planet ... (his words!) ...

Really? Obama called himself "Obamassiah"? I can't believe those are his words...

I find the Rove quote ironic. And who cares what that psychopath says?
edit on 11/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Obama is just another mindslave to capture your imagination and distract you. Mission accomplished.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
*insert "challenge accepted" meme here*

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Vote for Obamessiah and save the planet ... (his words!) ... three more of his quotes -

"My administration is the only thing between you [CEO's] and the pitchforks." - Obama

The fact that this is just a troll thread and starts off with a lie, I have to entertain this one because I was just reading it. Cherry picking is a weak tactic. Why do you have to be deceptive to make Obama look bad if he is so terrible anyway? Why do I ask that so often?

The bankers struggled to make themselves clear to the president of the United States.

Arrayed around a long mahogany table in the White House state dining room last week, the CEOs of the most powerful financial institutions in the world offered several explanations for paying high salaries to their employees — and, by extension, to themselves.

“These are complicated companies,” one CEO said. Offered another: “We’re competing for talent on an international market.”

But President Barack Obama wasn’t in a mood to hear them out. He stopped the conversation and offered a blunt reminder of the public’s reaction to such explanations. “Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that.”

“My administration,” the president added, “is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

The fresh details of the meeting — some never before revealed — come from an account provided to POLITICO by one of the participants. A second source inside the meeting confirmed the details, and two other sources familiar with the meeting offered additional information.

The accounts demonstrate that despite the public comments on both sides that the meeting was cordial, the tone in the room was in fact one of mutual wariness. The titans of finance — men used to being the most powerful man in almost any room — sized up a new president who made clear in ways big and small that he expected them to change their ways.

He was 100%. Perhaps you have not noticed, people are not happy with exhorbitant CEO bonuses and salaries made on the backs of stifled wages and tax payer funded bailouts or banks or the rigging being done in wall street. In fact, I hear some people are protesting all those things somewhere around the world.

So I really hope you can answer my first post before you defensively come and cherry pick this one and respond without backing up your lie or explaining the truth behind these quotes and how they make any kind of case in regard to what is supposed to be your article.

Good luck and good day.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
*insert "challenge accepted" meme here*

I saw that too.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KendraSins
Then you go on with a bunch of negative nonsense?

Um ... no. I gave Obama quotes to back up what Rove said.

Can you just give me one good reason I should care if Karl Rove said something negative about Obama?

If you don't care ... move along. I'm sure there is an 'I'm in denial about obama' thread somewhere here you'd be more comfortable in.

Can you answer any of this or is the hate too thick?

Oh .. you are one of THOSE.
Yep .. tell the truth about Obama and you are called either a 'hater' or 'racist'. Both terms are thrown around here incessantly by o-bots in denial. The quotes are Obama's ... his very own ... deal with it. And Rove - as much as I can't stand the guy - has a right to his opinion and nailed it perfectly this time.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Really? Obama called himself "Obamassiah"? I can't believe those are his words...

:shk: Deflection on your part. Obamessiah said that a vote for him would save the oceans ...
he used self messianic language. You know EXACTLY what I was saying ... Obama was
claiming to be a sort of messiah who would heal the planet. And I'm correct.

I find the Rove quote ironic.

You would.

And who cares what that psychopath says? [

After all these years here ... and you haven't figured out yet this is a DISCUSSION board ... to discuss what is going on and what is being said by people? A little slow to catch on, aren't ya?
Again .. If you don't care, then move along and find a thread that you do want to participate in.

Originally posted by KendraSins
The fact that this is just a troll thread and starts off with a lie,

Um .. no. Try again.
Rove did indeed say "Obama doesn't consider himself a mere mortal'.
Rove gave reasons why he came to this opinion.
I showed quotes from Obama showing just one of his many self messianic quotes.
I threw in a few other quotes from him - lies he told and others - just for fun at the end.

Why do you have to be deceptive to make Obama look bad if he is so terrible anyway?

Why do you have to be deceptive in order to TRY (and fail) to make Obama look good?
This thread isn't deceptive ... It's direct quotes from Rove and Obama.

edit on 11/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed quotes

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Vote for Obamessiah and save the planet ... (his words!) ...

I find the Rove quote ironic. And who cares what that psychopath says?
edit on 11/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

No BH it's the right that called Obama "Obamassiah" over and over again so many times that like the Nazis said, they believe it happened. I never heard anyone refer to Obama that way but the right in trying to discredit his followers. They can post all they want about how terrible Obama is but they can't erase the memory that it was Bush and the right that got us into this mess and the republicans and the right that obstructed every attempt of Obama to fix it.
edit on Tue November 29th, 2011 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm appalled. Not at that circus geek Rove or any Obama-antics. I'm appalled that there are folk who still stick up for Barry O.

Funny thing about the Right and the Left: They always seem to meet eventually--around the backside of their turns--and gleefully erode our liberties as if they were one unit.

They're all 'units' is whut I say heheh. Except Ron Paul...is there a Doctor in the house?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
No BH it's the right that called Obama "Obamassiah" over and over again so many times that like the Nazis said, they believe it happened. I never heard anyone refer to Obama that way ...

No damwell, its the left that called Obama 'the one' and used messianic language over and over again so many times that, like the Nazis said, they actually now believe it. Since you claim to never have heard anyone refer to Obama that way ... here are a few quotes from the non-right for you ...

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
-- Bill Rush

source - read how they 'marvel at the presence of the divine'

The term 'obamessiah' is RIDICULE of the O-bots who adore him

Obama's own self-messianic quote always gets me ... ""This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." - and yet Karma brought down upon him the worst man made marine pollution disaster ever. A karmic slap in the face for pretending to be god-like.

edit on 11/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He's not mortal. He is the god-king of the universe.
Just ask him.

And regardless of whom says it, it doesn't invalidate the truth that his is a narsisitic baffoon.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No damwell, its the left that called Obama 'the one' and used messianic language over and over again so many times that, like the Nazis said, they actually now believe it.

Wow Flyers, you crammed a Jesus reference and a Nazi reference into one sentence. That's enough to make Glenn Beck blush!

BTW - Apparently you have recently fell in love with the phrase "Messianic" since you seem to be tossing it out as if it answers anyones questions about this troll of a thread.

As for the rambling list of quotes from that blog (not a source)...try actually looking up any of those quotes to see if they are real or have any context, rather than asking posters to do the work on your own thread.

As far as BH complaint that you fabricated a quote, she is right. You wrote "(his words)".

In short you started with a Karl Rove quote and then attempted to prove he was right and failed.

If a bizzare blog is your best evidence then the question has to be asked, why did you bother? The Nazi/Jesus post answers that question...baiting, trolling, frustrated about something? My children try to push buttons when they have a bad day.

I will wait for actual sourced, linked, accurate and unspun evidence or quotes that Pres. Obama thinks he is Christ and I suspect I will be waiting a long time.

Hope you feel better soon and turn your efforts to productive discussion.

top topics

join